Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

No pitch invasion in 10 years

Stoke was tinpot because they did it before the final whistle, and we're bitter cos we got relegated.

I'm only bitter because half of them wanted to stand and sing in front of us, just relegated, instead of celebrate with the players..

Stoke :glare:

It could easily happen at the KP. All dependent on the first 50 or so people at the front as no matter how many stewards there are once several people are on the pitch they hav the dilemma to try and get them off or stay and try to prevent further but neither will happen as the initial few will encourage mor and more.

The thing I truly believe stops it is that the fans who will invade are, in general, at the back of the stands as they wish to stand during the game. The stairs and exits get blocked by those at the front who will get up to go and applaud as they do blocking those trying to invade and the momentum never gets going.

Strongly, strongly agree with this point. That's probably a fair comment.

I think it's true to say not a single one of the front 50% of this ground stands. Not one. Even most of the bottom of L1 is sat.

Getting promoted from League 1, the worst period in our history, does not warrant a pitch invasion. It's why I thought Sheffield Wednesday's was a bit weird, they're far too big a club for that sort of thing.

But I've never felt more relieved or happy after a football match than that Leeds match. It's hell being in the third tier if you're a club the size of us or Sheffield Wednesday. Why shouldn't the fans be delighted to be out of it?

Personally I think we're a Premiership club and should be up there. That doesn't mean I think playing in the Championship is too 'below' us to celebrate promotion from it, if such a thing was to happen.

I don't see the big deal about it, if you want to go on the pitch then try and do it.

You run the risk and if you're happy with that then go ahead.

I love the sense of enthusiasm and passion of fellow fans. What you are saying is almost threatening and barbed. Stay in the stand then if you have a choice. If you don't see the "big deal" I am perplexed as clearly being on the pitch celebrating with the fans and players is not exciting enough? That I think is tragic.

But I've never felt more relieved or happy after a football match than that Leeds match. It's hell being in the third tier if you're a club the size of us or Sheffield Wednesday. Why shouldn't the fans be delighted to be out of it?

Personally I think we're a Premiership club and should be up there. That doesn't mean I think playing in the Championship is too 'below' us to celebrate promotion from it, if such a thing was to happen.

No no no no no no no, i've spent far too long this season telling idiots from other clubs with delusions of grandure *coughleedsforest* that nobody has the right to be in any given league to start arguing with my own fellow fans... just dont say it, or they've got ammo to throw back at us... :ph34r:

I love the sense of enthusiasm and passion of fellow fans. What you are saying is almost threatening and barbed. Stay in the stand then if you have a choice. If you don't see the "big deal" I am perplexed as clearly being on the pitch celebrating with the fans and players is not exciting enough? That I think is tragic.

There have been times when a pitch invasion would've been good, I don't see it as a big deal in the sense that it doesn't get me worked up when we don't invade the pitch.

But, at the end of the day, if people want to go on the pitch they will try. No doubt we will have one at some point but I don't think any less of our fans when we don't or envious of other clubs when they do.

You're seriously an adult? lol

Following me around, picking up on every post I make, making something out of absolutely nothing on every occasion. Don't you worry, you'll soon get your comeuppance.

You are an absolute disaster of a human being I'm afraid.

Factually incorrect as ever, I am not picking up every post. Now Daniel I will get my comeuppance will I, now is that a threat or have you just told the internet police on me? now if you were to post something of interest and not contradictory then I may not pick you up on it. By me pointing out your flaws I am in essence making you a better person. Now I didn't realise you were such a big fan of the cricket Daniel, interesting....

There is something Primeval about a pitch invasion and stewards are now asked to not get involved and leave it to the Coppers due to Health and Safety Concerns and the fact that the Club could be sued if an employee injures somebody. There are less plod about now, and getting less by the day, so the chance of a pitch invasion is getting better all the time !. Now it's up to the team to give us that chance.

post-16560-0-42676400-1336653456.jpg

Factually incorrect as ever, I am not picking up every post. Now Daniel I will get my comeuppance will I, now is that a threat or have you just told the internet police on me? now if you were to post something of interest and not contradictory then I may not pick you up on it. By me pointing out your flaws I am in essence making you a better person. Now I didn't realise you were such a big fan of the cricket Daniel, interesting....

Oh, no, I just mean you'll end up looking the fvcking dick, although you're doing your best to make that as speedy as possible.

Unfortunately, your nitpicking just comes across as obsessive, and extremely embarrassing, continue if you want, but just remember - you're embarrassing.

Pitch invasions remind me of primary school when we were allowed to play on the field at lunch times...

Kids: Woooooo Grasssssss :trumpet: yeahhhhhhh foooootballl

Dinner ladies: Get off you little Sh*ts its too wet.

My point is we all want to get on there, but there will always be some jumped up idiot telling us not to.

So **** em, lets run on the grass and embrace our inner-child...be free! :lei1:

Guest MattP

Had one a month ago over 6 foot high fences after England beat Sri Lanka with the local police armed with guns and batons. Over 1,000 odd still got on out of 5-6,000.

You know the world has changed when middle-class cricket fans have far more bollocks than footy fans.

Dan is right, it is about balls, I was there for the Scunthorpe game in L1 and it took 80-100 coppers on the stairs at full stretch to stop it, had just one other enclosure tried something that night we have had a great one. If anyone remembers I was the City fan who ran onto Villa Park and did the Klinsmann when Izzet knocked in the third in a 3-1 win.

It's a great feeling being involved in a big one and I feel sorry for our younger fans who have never had the chance to do it.

Guest MattP

I love a bit of a pitch invasion. Last one I was party in was at Grace Road after winning a Twenty20 quarters a few years ago.

Was that the Kent game? I was one of the first ones on and got tackled by two coppers, swear I was the only one in the whole crowd who got nicked that night.

Had one a month ago over 6 foot high fences after England beat Sri Lanka with the local police armed with guns and batons. Over 1,000 odd still got on out of 5-6,000.

You know the world has changed when middle-class cricket fans have far more bollocks than footy fans.

Dan is right, it is about balls, I was there for the Scunthorpe game in L1 and it took 80-100 coppers on the stairs at full stretch to stop it, had just one other enclosure tried something that night we have had a great one. If anyone remembers I was the City fan who ran onto Villa Park and did the Klinsmann when Izzet knocked in the third in a 3-1 win.

It's a great feeling being involved in a big one and I feel sorry for our younger fans who have never had the chance to do it.

Haha sounds hilarious! The lad who stands next to me in L1 got done at Southend for running on!

i was but a young lad when we had the last real pitch invasion against oxford. the one v spurs in the last game at filbo doesnt count as it wasnt celebrating anything.

anyway the way i see it is, when we beat oxford to stay up it was sheer out pooring of emotion and only knowing what had happened based on about 4 people in the ground with portable radios. now we all know to the second what is going on at every ground. therefore the whole instant emotion is lost.

I was, but I cant remember fences being ripped down, more like pushed over lol ....

I remember the one Swindon fan (fvcking huge Viking type bloke) that stood on his own whilst the rest of them legged it, he swung away like a windmill against 5 or 6 wannabees lol

Wasn't the gate left open? Last time I went on was when we stayed up on the last day, those who were there will know what I'm talking about, great day

I don't know if anyone else has said this because I haven't read the rest of the posts but it seems the new stadium has pretty much killed off pitch invasions.

I used to go in the Kop at Filbert Street and there was a real feeling of anonymity in there. It was dark, tightly packed and felt a long way from any security. Much easier to be naughty.

At the King Power Stadium it always feels like you are being observed by the powers that be.

I don't know if anyone else has said this because I haven't read the rest of the posts but it seems the new stadium has pretty much killed off pitch invasions.

I used to go in the Kop at Filbert Street and there was a real feeling of anonymity in there. It was dark, tightly packed and felt a long way from any security. Much easier to be naughty.

At the King Power Stadium it always feels like you are being observed by the powers that be.

i saw a bloke and his girlfriend actually having sex against one of the columns in the kop in the late 60's , (just before the pens were fitted) they were surrounded by his mates who were cheering and laughing and egging them on :D

you don't get half time entertainment like that these days

true story

Archived