Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

No pitch invasion in 10 years

Sometimes its good to let your hair down :) , live a little....

When we invaded the pitch after beating Oxford (1-0) to stay up in the last game of the season (1990/91) , the pitch invasion seemed the right thing to do and was oh so euphoric.

Can remember that well !

Ahh I remember it well, I belatedly decided to join the fans on the pitch, mine wasn't an invasion more of a polite walk.

Can remember that well !

I took some grass from the pitch and put it in my Englands Glory match box :D.

I remember Rooster getting raped stripped by fans, a bloke next to me had one of his boots :cool: , he went off in his pants lol

We could ( lol) win the Champions League, but it wouldn`t mean a thing compared to the feelings I had for us back then.

If people read what I've put, I'm actually all for a pitch invasion, I just was merely stating there's a slight small-timeness about it, but ultimately, I wouldn't be arsed.

It's a lack of bottle. Simple as that. There's a lack of people who actually want to pitch invade and an even smaller percentage who will do.

walking contradiction, i really want a pitch invasion but ohh hang on im not arsed.... make your mind up...

I am sure you have loads of bottle, you would have pissed your pants in the spion in the 80/90's when you were showered with coins, beer and what ever else was to hand.. The only thing you know about bottle is the one your mum still feeds you from..

Only arsed to read the first few posts, but what the OP is trying to say is to be a true fan you must be able to jump the fence. Risk getting a life ban, be able to evade security, have good agility and then pay the subsequent fine.

Only arsed to read the first few posts, but what the OP is trying to say is to be a true fan you must be able to jump the fence. Risk getting a life ban, be able to evade security, have good agility and then pay the subsequent fine.

Pretty much this.

Don't see the attraction to it at all so why even bother running the risk despite how small it may be if everyone did it?

If the full crowd invaded (like the reading one recently), what would the club do out of interest? Can't punish everyone.

walking contradiction, i really want a pitch invasion but ohh hang on im not arsed.... make your mind up...

I am sure you have loads of bottle, you would have pissed your pants in the spion in the 80/90's when you were showered with coins, beer and what ever else was to hand.. The only thing you know about bottle is the one your mum still feeds you from..

You're seriously an adult? lol

Following me around, picking up on every post I make, making something out of absolutely nothing on every occasion. Don't you worry, you'll soon get your comeuppance.

You are an absolute disaster of a human being I'm afraid.

There are some moral crusaders on here. We clearly at Leicester are so self-defeatist. If we do this x, y and z will happen. For whatever the reason, there is neither a will from the fans or the club to have a celebratory pitch invasion if we got promoted. Southampton have for the passed two seasons invaded en masse. I wonder if it occurred to a Saints fan if I could, should or would. There was no let's wait for the noisy section to invade first or lets see if the Family End goes first, all four sides invaded at once. I appreciate the dilemmas, but we as a support base have been beaten down by the club, stewarding and each other to have that urge which seems natural to most other fans at other clubs. Even Final Score kept saying they have "invaded the pitch as is the tradition at the end of the season to celebrate promotion". There was no references to hooliganism or thuggery. It was at one point a tradition, one that seems to have got lost here.

There is no reference to a "true fan" anywhere, that is a term you have coined. Secondly, I would not suggest you invade a pitch as you make it out to be the Olympic decathlon which is narrow-minded. Lastly, if the stakes were so high why do thousands of fans participate in it every season at several clubs?

Pretty much this.

Don't see the attraction to it at all so why even bother running the risk despite how small it may be if everyone did it?

The attraction is being on the pitch with the players. If that is not an attraction in order to celebrate, then what is? We have not celebrated a promotion with a pitch invasion this Millennium. It is all so contrived being in the stands for the ever so exciting lap of honour.

Don't get why people are obsessed with pitch invasions. Then again, if we did get promoted/to a cup final (I know), I'd join in :D Our stewards seem to be very strict, but they wouldn't win against thousands of fans.

If we ever needed a quote to summarise what the masses here think, this is it.

If anyone saw at Sheffield Wednesday the other day, the stewards knew what was coming and when the final whistle blew, they actually sprinted towards the tunnel, possibly to protect the manager, possibly to get the hell outta there, but the point is, they didn't even attempt to stop the invaders because there were so many of them committed to doing it. If we ever get promoted to the Premiership people will surely want to do it. If enough people will want to do it it will happen.

For me it would be special if done on the right occassion, there's something about thousands of fans running around in jubilation, not being forced to be in your seats, and for once being able to celebrate with the players, instead of being removed from them. And you canot deny that they look absolutely fantastic, IMO it's one of the most inspiring sights not only in football but in the world.

It's exactly the kind of thing football needs more of, fans are getting so disillusoned with it and they need to have more of a rapport with the team they are supporting again. We usually have to accept that we are not valued by the club, but invading the pitch is a symbol of that perfect moment where there are no rules or barriers between you and your club, where the fans can just have a great moment of unity, no East Stand, no West Stand, just Leicester fans all celebrating in the place where our day of glory was achieved.

Is that sad enough for ya lol

Enough said. Unity is what is required in all matters off the pitch and in the stands. That disdain is why we as supporters are lagging behind others. We snear our fellow fans and mock them with a level of bile which is rather unpleasant. Sarcasm is not needed. It is just a rather cheap dig.

This is why I stopped going at the end of the season. No unity at all amongst our fans. Hardly anybody goes to be part of a football culture, that is an afterthought. People from Leicester are generally miserable.

I do agree but.. I don't know. Scunthorpe at home was a chance but there was less excitement because it wasn't like we'd achieved anything new on that night, we knew we'd won it.

To be fair - when we lost 1-3 to Sheffield Wednesday the year we went down, we could well have had one if we'd won that, as it would've relegated Wednesday and kept us up.

Whilst I stand by our fans are pretty boring at home, thinking about it, this ground is yet to see a season defining moment for Leicester.

Leeds was the game we should have done it. Not one fan thought we wouldn't go up after that game even though it wasn't mathematically true yet. Nobody considered really though because we were in such shock after the last minute goal.

Scunthorpe wouldn't have quite been the same. Another thi ng with that was, the announcer, as you'd expect, was trying to convince the fans to stay in their seat so they could lift the trophy. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about seeing them lift a trophy (in fact, I couldn't even see it, they were facing the West Stand :glare: ) I'd rather have the pitch invasion. But that will always be a problem, the prawn sandwichers will be like 'ooh trophy' or 'ooh lap of honour, I've been waiting all season to politely clap them round the pitch, you a-holes better not ruin it for me with a pitch invasion'.

I think you're right with your last comment. Maybe we should have done it in 2003, more than in 2009, but I wasn't there.

Scunthorpe wouldn't have quite been the same. Another thi ng with that was, the announcer, as you'd expect, was trying to convince the fans to stay in their seat so they could lift the trophy. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit about seeing them lift a trophy (in fact, I couldn't even see it, they were facing the West Stand :glare: ) I'd rather have the pitch invasion.

Was just about to mention this. What a ****ing joke that was. I'd have taken a pitch invasion every day before seeing a glimpse of smoke as the players lifted the trophy in front of the West Stand (The Stand with the biggest percentage of people that didn't bother with games that season). Why couldn't they lift it in front of the East Stand? That night was a real anti-climax.

Another point on pitch invasions and how we didn't do it in the two years we went up. I think part of the reason is because they weren't very dramatic promotions. In both seasons we went up with plenty of games to spare and we knew we would. This isn't a valid excuse but I do think if there was more drama then something might have happened. Someone mentioned the Sheffield Wednesday game and I think we might have invaded the pitch because it was a dramatic game and would've secured our safety against relegation rivals.

I was there at Filbert Street in 2002 and enjoyed that much more than our "promotion party" against Scunthorpe. The only other experience I've had of running on the pitch etc. was invaded the track as Coventry Bees won the Elite League in 2007. That was great.

Hopefully we go up dramatically and celebrate properly, but it seems ingrained into Leicester City fans' culture that the precautions oversee the celebrations.

Pitch invasions are generally seen as being tinpot - Stoke 2008 being a particularly notorious example.

We didn't need them during the O'Neill years, so why the insistence to have one now?

No they aren't. Hardly anyone thinks they're tinpot. Most people think they're great.

Stoke was tinpot because they did it before the final whistle, and we're bitter cos we got relegated.

We didn't have one during the O'Neill years because all our successes were at Wembley, not at home.

Getting promoted from League 1, the worst period in our history, does not warrant a pitch invasion. It's why I thought Sheffield Wednesday's was a bit weird, they're far too big a club for that sort of thing.

I think the fact that there were 38,000 people there tells its own story: promotion is not a foregone conclusion and it was not with them! There was a sense of relief that they had been promoted over their local rivals who succumbed to an injury time equaliser! Also they had been in that league for two seasons-it's not easy to escape! That result at home enabled them to get promoted and the fans' excitement is reflected in their pitch invasion! I, for one, will be encouraging others to join this band wagon all throughout the upcoming season, if indeed we are in the running! We deserve a proper celebration that is passionate, spontaneous and fan-led.

It will be interesting to see if Manchester City fans invade the pitch if they win the Premier League after a 44 year wait. My money is on a resounding YES! Perhaps as we like immitating them, it would popularise it for our fans. Shudder the thought.

Archived