Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foss1884

No pitch invasion in 10 years

Apparently there are bellends in the upper tiers shouting "Off! Off! Off!"

Yeah, how thoughtless of those who got on the pitch to spoil the official stage-managed, shite fireworks and sponsors logos everywhere celebration we all know and love... :glare:

That is what happens when you become more famous and successful-you attract "tag-along" supporters who do not appreciate the gravity of any success. I am surprised at the lack of hysteria and how controlled the majority were. Seeing a trophy is clearly more important than savouring a special moment.

That is what happens when you become more famous and successful-you attract "tag-along" supporters who do not appreciate the gravity of any success. I am surprised at the lack of hysteria and how controlled the majority were. Seeing a trophy is clearly more important than savouring a special moment.

Who the hell are you to dictate how fans of another club should celebrate a league title, or to say their moment was somehow less "special" because only a relative few felt compelled to invade the pitch?

Many of the more mature fans at the Etihad would have seen their side struggle in the third tier at venues like York, Northampton or Wycombe. They can therefore hardly be described as glory hunters.

Who the hell are you to dictate how fans of another club should celebrate a league title, or to say their moment was somehow less "special" because only a relative few felt compelled to invade the pitch?

Many of the more mature fans at the Etihad would have seen their side struggle in the third tier at venues like York, Northampton or Wycombe. They can therefore hardly be described as glory hunters.

But that's the point. How dare the people on the top tier tell people to get off the pitch instead of letting them have their moment? They should have just been going mental and enjoying winning the title.

I have to ask whether they were real Man City fans if their priority was wanting people off the pitch instead of going absolutely insane.

I went with my Blades supporting mate to their play off semi final tonight, which ended in a pitch invasion, slightly surprised by it never the less I watched him go on and then decided to join him. He was like a kid at christmas, running up to as many players as he could, it was good fun but nothing more, I suppose for me it lacked that special feeling of it not being my club nor having any connection to them. Ruined by some idiots at the end who invaded the pitch during the players parade.

I went with my Blades supporting mate to their play off semi final tonight, which ended in a pitch invasion, slightly surprised by it never the less I watched him go on and then decided to join him. He was like a kid at christmas, running up to as many players as he could, it was good fun but nothing more, I suppose for me it lacked that special feeling of it not being my club nor having any connection to them. Ruined by some idiots at the end who invaded the pitch during the players parade.

Did you feel all special because you were on a football pitch?

Getting promoted from League 1, the worst period in our history, does not warrant a pitch invasion. It's why I thought Sheffield Wednesday's was a bit weird, they're far too big a club for that sort of thing.

Were you at the Southend game? I'd have loved to invade the pitch when fatty fryup scored his goals but I was nearer the back and it was rammed.no chance of getting anywhere near the front.

As for the scunny game, like someone said, we knew we had won it, had over a week (maybe more I'm not 100%) to let it sink in. Whereas if there had been a drama element I'm sure a pitch invasion would have occurred.

I'd rather not have invaded the pitch had we beat sheff weds and stayed up the previous year. That would have been tinpot.

Pitch invasions should be saved for last day title wins/promotions or surviving when you started the day in the relegation zone and it looked odds on you'd go through the trap door

Did you feel all special because you were on a football pitch?

What a daft comment! Every club barring ours seems to have fans that want to celebrate in a traditional, proper way and we have an element who feel it is beneath them. There is a reason why there are competitions to play on the football pitch of your idols, it is meant to be special. For me it would represent that as opposed to the stage-managed, club initiated celebrations. I think derision of a tradition that other fans embrace as part of British footballing culture is odd. Every club seems to have a pitch invasion given any excuse it seems, but we have to make certain stipulations to warrant one. Here's one for you all-PROMOTION full stop!

We moan about our stadium arrangements/layout, security personnel/stewards, criminal implications and "small time" connections with pitch invasions, however the worrying prognosis is the mentality of our fans is worrying. Our attitude to our club, our team and our fans is unhealthy. We try and excuse things, but we need more unity and a sense of togetherness to achieve anything. We dismiss things too easily and all that does is reinforce the status quo. I would be intrigued if we did a poll, what the outcome would be if people voted on a potential pitch invasion if we got promoted.

Although I completely agree with this statement, I've even said the same before myself, I just don't get pitch invasions. I think I've read on here somewhere that once you get on the pitch after 30 seconds you just realise that you're on the pitch, amongst a whole lot of people, just standing there.

That said, if one was to happen I'd join in, but it's not something that can be arranged on an internet forum. These things just happen, a small group of fans can get together talk it through and, when the time is right, just let the moment take control.

I think I've read on here somewhere that once you get on the pitch after 30 seconds you just realise that you're on the pitch, amongst a whole lot of people, just standing there.

That's pretty much how I felt, but my main memory is thinking that the pitch has a lot less grass on it than you'd expect.

It's like Christmas isn't it? It's all about the excitement and anticipation, but when it actually happens it's inevitably a bit disappointing

Do players actually enjoy pitch invasions? Whenever I see one the majority of players look scared shitless and try to get off as soon as possible lol

I'm not convinced they do, think they'd rather celebrate amongst themselves getting the trophy.

Archived