Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ex- City Player now League Manager

Today sees the return to the Football League of an ex-City favourite as a Manager. Gary Mills, one of the better City players in recent times, has taken York City back into the League, following the Conference Play-Off win against Luton this afternoon. Mills follows the permanent appointment of two other ex-City players as League Managers recently - Gary Rowett at Burton and Paul Groves at Bournemouth. I think thats 7 in the Premier and Football Leagues - those 3 plus Mancini, Chris Powell, Simon Grayson and Paul Dickov.

Simon Grayson and Billy Davies will be back within the next few weeks.

Edit- Grayson just appeared in First post!!

After posting, I remembered 'Larry' was now at Huddersfield - and (like Chris Powell) could well be up against us next season (I hope so, Huddersfield deserve a return - and it would be nice for him to 'put one up' on Leeds / Ken Bates for a 'premature' sacking - and Colin W***er for taking the job !).

Remember going to York in 1996 in the League Cup winning run. - was a cracking night out and I'm delighted they're finally back in the league.

Would be good to get drawn there in an early round next season.

I didn't like the way Mills celebrated the victory yesterday.

York's goal was at least a yard offside yet when Luton's Manager Buckle had the decency to want to shake Mill's hand at the end he was too busy doing an impression of Jesus on the Cross and ignored him.

Be gracious in victory and defeat.

I didn't like the way Mills celebrated the victory yesterday.

York's goal was at least a yard offside yet when Luton's Manager Buckle had the decency to want to shake Mill's hand at the end he was too busy doing an impression of Jesus on the Cross and ignored him.

Be gracious in victory and defeat.

This. He sounded like a right knobhead when being interviewed on the pitch afterwards aswell.

I went today as my mates are ycfc fans (I live in York) was a very good day, just made me do excited for next season, hope we can do it that way next season.

Whereabouts are you in York?

Mills has been quality for them. Two trophies in one year too, done an amazing job.

He loves the celebrations, probably just got a bit carried away.

This. He sounded like a right knobhead when being interviewed on the pitch afterwards aswell.

I'm not sure what has gone on with him, I remember bits about him from before and he seemed ok, but yesterday he was way too far up his own arse and he came across very arrogant.

Archived