Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc

sol or SSL

166 members have voted

1. 1. sol or st ledger

• sol sol bamba
    • st ledger

It has to be St Ledger for me, i think he has a bit more reliability about him, no superstar by any means, but will get the job done. Bamba,(alot of the time,but not all, granted) is heart attack material, and at my age i can't be too careful ;)

Sol has all the atributes to be one of the best cbs in the game apart from the most important of all a footballing brain. It's his lapses of concentration when he thinks he should take on the whole team which have always let him down and always will. Think of the best cbs in the prem, how often do they make Sol runs?

SSL had a very solid and reliable spell for us and is desperate to play and suceed a great player to have for the campaign

SSL is a decent championship defender. Sol is worthy of a place in a prem team. So much difference between the 2 of them.

I agree, but then that is why I would pick SSL over Bamba on last season's form. SSL is more likely to help us get out of this league than Bamba, but Bamba is more likely to become an established prem player. In the champioship a well organised well drilled defence is going to be more successful than a fluid, passing, ball carrying defence. Bamba would slot into a team like Swansea or Wigan or even Spurs or Liverpool because of how they play, we are not either of them.

It's not his ball playing or risky control that does it for me, I think that's one of the areas he's talented in. It's his mental issues that cause him the most problems. The ball watching, the lack of concentration, the decision making - when to come out of the back line and close down mainly, the switching off. All of these things cause us problems as a team.

Hopefully a pre-season with drill sargeant Pearson will help Bamba become the player he has the potential to be, if NP can instil some discipline into big Sol then we will have a beast at the back, but as I said before based on last season's form and no improvement, I would have to stick with SSL.

Frankly I'm amazed so many people say SSL is the best defender at the club, our record I think is worse with him in the team than any other combination (where was that defense stat thread).

For me Morgan has looked more assured and dominant in the majority of his games than any of the other lot have so far.

Sol is almost the biggest liability I've ever seen on the pitch.

Anyone > Sol Bamba > Brian Carey

Much lols at people talking about Sol in the Premiership... where he's pulled out of position & never in camera shot when we concede a goal in the Championship.

People really are deluded!

Annecdotal, but facts all the same: Against Prem teams he's played 3 times and been part of a defence that has conceded 11 in those 3 games. The time we played a Prem side & he wasn't in the team we won 2-1

I'm amazed at how many people actually think that SSL is better than Sol.

If sol were white would he be better? :ph34r:

IF anyone has any doubts about SSL, just watch him for Ireland.

i have seen him for ireland and hes a completely different player, just seems to be sooo much better then when hes in a leicester shirt. yes he is consistent for us but only by putting in average performances, hes definitely not good enough far too slow for the prem and when i saw him against pompey away he was incredibly clumbsy

Archived