Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
robbieLOVESthealmightylcfc

sol or SSL

166 members have voted

1. 1. sol or st ledger

• sol sol bamba
    • st ledger

Sol Bamba has more potential, and I can see him making a bigger impact in the Prem

But he isn't Nigel's type of player, and will probably be leaving soon.

Just accept it Robbie, I know you love big black men; but you have to let this go :P

In the words of Cole Train, 'Bring it o'wn sukkah, this mah kind of shi*' lol

Bamba = Potential but a liability far too often

SSL = Less ability but far less likely to have mental lapses

Ergo, SSL gets the nod because consistency is one of the most important things about a CB in my opinion.

SSL is more consistent and is a better team player, him and Morgan make a great pairing. Bamba is a good UNIT player buy he doesn't fit in the club. He also tends to try and take on the world with his bulldozer run and it can be very nerve racking watching him in defence with the ball or as the last man standing. Having said that, I like Bamba I'll give him this season to prove himself to the gaffer. I still feel he makes a better defensive midfielder than a centre back and I'm sure most of you agree. But we are lacking CBs.

Tough one. I feel more comfortable with SSL there, more consistent and arguably a better CB than Sol, although I agree Sol would be better as defensive midfielder. That said, in a weird way, the exact reason I picked SSL is the reason I'll miss Sol. Some of his runs were awful and more often than not I'd sh*t myself, but he was great to watch at times

SSL is a decent championship defender. Sol is worthy of a place in a prem team. So much difference between the 2 of them.

I get the same sick feeling watching Sol receive the ball as i used to get watching frank sinclair! There are no other players i have watched EVER that effect me in the same way as those two!!!

IMO regardless of his random moments of brilliance i dont think NP can afford having sol play next season as i really believe he will inevitably cost us some important points!

SSL all day everyday for me. It is a shame as i agree with the sol fans that he does posess some real potential.

St Ledger :wub:

He is just a great defender, does the things expected of a defender very well, accuracy with passing and heading is up there with the best in the league in my opinion.

Sol does some brilliant things, but also some very messy things.

SSL IS THE MAN

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBV9FCIyhjM[/media]

dont look to good.... never forget man city and all his awesome runs which left you with your heart in your mouth.

Although it's not a moment to be forgotten, that is all I can really remember him for. Yes he does go on runs, but he leaves us wide open at the back and doesn't make a committed effort to get back, he's also the first to look to pass the blame on to another player or offside. No great loss if he goes.

Sol Bamba has more potential, and I can see him making a bigger impact in the Prem

But he isn't Nigel's type of player, and will probably be leaving soon.

Just accept it Robbie, I know you love big black men; but you have to let this go :P

In the words of Cole Train, 'Bring it o'wn sukkah, this mah kind of shi*' lol

hahahaha you got me, at least we still have wes ey lol

SSL has been very poor for me. He gets outpaced by slow strikers such as fryatt, but gets dominated in the air by physical strikers.

Bamba is quicker, stronger, better in the air, better distribution, and hey if my team is losing i wanna see a bit of passion from a center back, remember the game this season where he literally ran through 3 opposition players??

He was the only ivory coast player to play every single minute in the ACON - must tell you something.

But why not keep morgan, bamba, ssl and buy chester???

Then we also have de laet, peltier and konch for full backs - we need strength in depth which we didnt have last year, even De laet and james have already said this.

It's not his ball playing or risky control that does it for me, I think that's one of the areas he's talented in. It's his mental issues that cause him the most problems. The ball watching, the lack of concentration, the decision making - when to come out of the back line and close down mainly, the switching off. All of these things cause us problems as a team.

Bamba.

Whilst he's a bombscare, I'm just not convinced by St Ledger and the stats prove that he's been our worst defender last season (although stats can prove most things but they were pretty good stats).

SSL has been very poor for me. He gets outpaced by slow strikers such as fryatt, but gets dominated in the air by physical strikers.

Bamba is quicker, stronger, better in the air, better distribution, and hey if my team is losing i wanna see a bit of passion from a center back, remember the game this season where he literally ran through 3 opposition players??

He was the only ivory coast player to play every single minute in the ACON - must tell you something.

But why not keep morgan, bamba, ssl and buy chester???

Then we also have de laet, peltier and konch for full backs - we need strength in depth which we didnt have last year, even De laet and james have already said this.

I've had beer so I'm not going to argue with you whole point but...... really?!

Archived