Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

First League Fixture Wishlist

Millwall home. I know what you're thinking but I'm so eager to find out if Pearson has solved the problems that were in the squad last season once and for all - beating a team we should be beating, also they're our bogey team. Also, would be fun to see thousands of Millwall fans first game of the season.

Isn't the first round split into North and South?

I don't think so. We played Accrington away in the 1st round, when we ended up losing at Chelsea. (relegation season)

James Wesolowski got the goal if I remember rightly. I was in Benidorm at the time, and cheered like **** when we drew Forest in the second round

I don't think so. We played Accrington away in the 1st round, when we ended up losing at Chelsea. (relegation season)

James Wesolowski got the goal if I remember rightly. I was in Benidorm at the time, and cheered like **** when we drew Forest in the second round

It is split into north and south.

The first round is regionalised and seeded - as you can tell from our previous recent draws against Rotherham, Macclesfield (x3), Bury (not last year, the year we had them 1st round and won 0-3), Stockport, Accrington etc... all lower teams in the north.

The second round I believe is still seeded but the seeing split is in the Championship so it makes minimal difference really, we'll most likely draw a Champ side. :rolleyes:

It is split into north and south.

The first round is regionalised and seeded - as you can tell from our previous recent draws against Rotherham, Macclesfield (x3), Bury (not last year, the year we had them 1st round and won 0-3), Stockport, Accrington etc... all lower teams in the north.

The second round I believe is still seeded but the seeing split is in the Championship so it makes minimal difference really, we'll most likely draw a Champ side. :rolleyes:

WRONG!

WRONG!

No, I 100% tell you it's right. Do you find it a co-incidence we get a northern side every year, as do every other side in the north? (I'm aware we're Midlands but we're always in the northern section).

No, I 100% tell you it's right. Do you find it a co-incidence we get a northern side every year, as do every other side in the north? (I'm aware we're Midlands but we're always in the northern section).

It was last year due to the fact both AFC Wimbledon and Crawley got promoted..but it's not been regionalised before that and nothing was stated about regionalisation in the new sponser thing

It was last year due to the fact both AFC Wimbledon and Crawley got promoted..but it's not been regionalised before that and nothing was stated about regionalisation in the new sponser thing

It's been regionalised for years. How else can you explain us consistently getting sides in the north? Have Charlton had any northern sides in the first round?

Someone said earlier we're due a TV game first day of the season?

If that's true then will we be on a friday night? :unsure:

If I remember correctly, last season it was Hull vs Blackpool on SKY on the evening before our Cov game. I'd hate it to be us this year

100% it is split for the 1st or has been in years gone by and I think it is usually seeded aswell, last years draw saw us get Rotherham, Leeds get Bradford, Forest get Notts Count, Cov got Bury whilst West Ham played Aldershot and Palace played Crawley. Last year Crawley and Wimbledon played a play off as there was one less tie in the first round due to Brum being in the Europa League so didnt enter until round 3, I believe.

It's been regionalised for years. How else can you explain us consistently getting sides in the north? Have Charlton had any northern sides in the first round?

Hereford and Shrewsbury

Just looked it up, I can't ever remember it being regionalised apart from last season and maybe a few seasons ago...strange

For this round, the clubs are divided in northern and southern sections (though not always equally, so there could be more clubs in one section than another and, strangely, some of the clubs in the northern section are actually located further south than some of the southern section clubs). Half of the clubs from each section are seeded and half are not. First a draw is made to determine whether the seeded club is to play at home or away, and then the club is drawn against an unseeded club from their section.

Someone said earlier we're due a TV game first day of the season?

If that's true then will we be on a friday night? :unsure:

If I remember correctly, last season it was Hull vs Blackpool on SKY on the evening before our Cov game. I'd hate it to be us this year

Aye it was me, we've got lucky really we've not had our first day ruined for years (although Cov was moved to 12:30 but we all knew that was coming).

I really would despise not playing our first game on a Saturday. Early sunday like West Ham v Cardiff last year really would be the absolute worst.

Hereford and Shrewsbury

How the fvck is Hereford in the north. lol

Shrewsbury more understandable but I'd still say that's about level with us so you could argue that was south or north.

So, that's two teams you've named, neither are northern.

Just looked it up, I can't ever remember it being regionalised apart from last season and maybe a few seasons ago...strange

They move some of the teams seeding's to balance it out so there's enough north and south. Made me laugh how one year Notts County and Forest were in different regions. lol

How the fvck is Hereford in the north. lol

Shrewsbury more understandable but I'd still say that's about level with us so you could argue that was south or north.

So, that's two teams you've named, neither are northern.

He probably thinks Watford is in the North.

Archived