Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

NP Till Xmas

I'll be honest I did'nt really want him back but he is.

So could we all get off his back till xmas unless we really are shite n bottom after 10 games.

Have always said I don't care if we play boring football n win every game 1-0.

Who will complain at that nxt may if we are champions.

Come on he's not returned to get us relegated all he wants is prem footy for our great club.

The witch hunts on here are ridiculous new season new start for everyone back em support em.

Everyone employed at the club wants just what we do so please give em all a chance.

I'll be honest I did'nt really want him back but he is.

So could we all get off his back till xmas unless we really are shite n bottom after 10 games.

Have always said I don't care if we play boring football n win every game 1-0.

Who will complain at that nxt may if we are champions.

Come on he's not returned to get us relegated all he wants is prem footy for our great club.

The witch hunts on here are ridiculous new season new start for everyone back em support em.

Everyone employed at the club wants just what we do so please give em all a chance.

Hate to break it to you, but that won't ever happen. People are entitled to their opinions, and will fully express them regardless of how stupid it is!

Hate to break it to you, but that won't ever happen. People are entitled to their opinions, and will fully express them regardless of how stupid it is!

I understand that just be nice if even a few gave him a break at least to start the season.

What?

Haven't seen his future or lack thereof discussed for ages until this post, but now you've bought it up I'm sure it will draw them out from under their rocks again.

o_O

Barring a disaster on a Sousa scale there's not really any point swapping during the season anyway, we saw that with Sven coming in spending the earth on loans and the season fizzling out to a damp squib & that carry on through the following season where he was replaced... and then NP fail to lift the squad.

The clubs need some mid-long term stability, which doesn't mean all change as soon as some twat who's had a sniff of shandy at the ground starts moaning

What?

Haven't seen his future or lack thereof discussed for ages until this post, but now you've bought it up I'm sure it will draw them out from under their rocks again.

o_O

This, thanks a lot.

What?

o_O

Barring a disaster on a Sousa scale there's not really any point swapping during the season anyway, we saw that with Sven coming in spending the earth on loans and the season fizzling out to a damp squib & that carry on through the following season where he was replaced... and then NP fail to lift the squad.

The clubs need some mid-long term stability, which doesn't mean all change as soon as some twat who's had a sniff of shandy at the ground starts moaning

Was not posted from a debate but a comment in a what we need for nxt season thread.

Someone posted A new manager Really is not the time for that shite.

As I said I did'nt want him back (cos I don't do the going back thing it rearly works ) But I'll back him.

As I said I did'nt want him back (cos I don't do the going back thing it rearly works ) But I'll back him.

A good manager can go back and succeed, one of the reasons that it often fails is that people have unrealistic expectations of what the manager/team should be doing because of their precious success at the club and see anything else as failure. It sure worked for Tony Pulis and Darren Ferguson. Really can't stand this 'you should never go back' nonsense.

This is what the team needs to work to get rid of

There is a stench of negativity coming from proportions of the fans, thus breeding negativity throughout different levels of the setup

If we fail in the first half of the season, and things are obviously not working again, then yes, start again again again

Till then, look up and cheer up :thumbup:

Putting til Xmas in the title reeks of negativity, so if we're not in the top 6 come Xmas members have Welly's approval and backing to start Pearson Out topics :dunno:

I do agree with the post/thread, I'm always willing to give the manager of Leicester City a chance, especially before a ball has even been kicked. I am in full support of Nigel Pearson, I always have been.

:scarf:

Putting til Xmas in the title reeks of negativity, so if we're not in the top 6 come Xmas members have Welly's approval and backing to start Pearson Out topics :dunno:

No davie some are saying it now is my point.

Not saying it is ever right but befor we have kicked a ball.

Think the owners will judge nigel exactly the same as they judged sven if the team are not performing after 15 games he will get the boot from the side.

I feel he does need some time though because last time he was here you have to admit for the 24 months he was here we looked like a proper well organised side and hard to beat. We had a fortress at home and actually looked like we were going somewhere and this time round Nigel actualy has some money to spend.

Think we will be absolute dogshite until new year and then do a Reading. .. I can dream!

If that happens... ie we are dogshite till after Christmas, I reckon we will be looking at another new manager.

I don't think we will be. I think we will win most of our home games. It's away from home I'm worried about if we don't 'toughen up'.

It is up to the owners maybe they have learnt the lessons of last season and not sacked a manager after 15 games I guess it depends where we are in the league, if we are totally inept still in performances despite NP having brought his own players then he may be sacked. Next season is massive we need promotion either way.

If that happens... ie we are dogshite till after Christmas, I reckon we will be looking at another new manager.

I don't think we will be. I think we will win most of our home games. It's away from home I'm worried about if we don't 'toughen up'.

I think one of the reasons why we are so poor away is because of the lack of physical strength of our team. Wellens and Gallagher are awful away mostly due to their ineptness to stick a foot in, this is just an example there are many other culprits. When teams play a more physical game, ie Pompey, we always struggle against them. When we are playing lower table teams they are mostly physical sides who are always in our faces, and we struggle against this. If we sign new players, I think a new CDM should be top of Nigel's wishlist, a good player in this position is Liam Trotter of Milwall. We also need a target man who can hold the ball up, in turn creating space for the midfield and other players, and also taking the pressure of the centre backs for a while.

I think one of the reasons why we are so poor away is because of the lack of physical strength of our team. Wellens and Gallagher are awful away mostly due to their ineptness to stick a foot in, this is just an example there are many other culprits. When teams play a more physical game, ie Pompey, we always struggle against them. When we are playing lower table teams they are mostly physical sides who are always in our faces, and we struggle against this. If we sign new players, I think a new CDM should be top of Nigel's wishlist, a good player in this position is Liam Trotter of Milwall. We also need a target man who can hold the ball up, in turn creating space for the midfield and other players, and also taking the pressure of the centre backs for a while.

Think we need another winger as well agreed on those points lets hope we can get those type of players as we would be a far better proposition.

Couldn't agree more.

Then again, I thought (and said) this about the same time last year....

Anyway we'll see.

I just hope the owners give Nigel the time to build his own team. Hull were a decent striker away from promotion last season and had a great defence. If we get Chester then Morgan and him in my opinion could be a fantastic partnership.

Think we need another winger as well agreed on those points lets hope we can get those type of players as we would be a far better proposition.

A winger like Cameron Stewart who is constantly on the touch line, unlike Dyer, would help us break down defences who play a very much 'park the bus' game. An example of this was Forest at home where we couldn't break them down

at all. Stewart is very quick and skillfull and is younger and better than Dyer. I hope we don't get held to ransom by Hull, though.

Also I think we need a captain who is very passionate and vocal. My choice is Danns because he will probably be a starter next season and seems very passionate aswell. Hull got a good captain in McKenna from Forest. The captain would need to raise morale and gather the troops when the chips are down rather than go into hiding like others. Kingy was a bad appointment as captain as he isn't very vocal or 'in your face'. Mills... blergh.

Archived