Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Logan signs new contract.

I think he probably just doesn't care much for being a professional footballer, but he's obviously not going to quit and become a binman, so he just turns up, stays under the radar and collects his paycheck. I like to think that if I was gifted with that kind of ability I'd try and do something more worthwhile with it, but each to their own.

Fair decision from the club really if Kasper is staying and I agree with Smuts.

Everybody knows Kasper will start every game if fit and not suspended, so there's little chance or point of finding another keeper to warm the bench all season when we've already got an established long-term understudy.

Logan is clearly happy and settled here and he won't be on a huge amount of money.

He's actually not a bad keeper in fairness to him, an adequate back-up anyway.

Which also means he's not bothered about getting first team football.

why, he gets sent on loan to play 1st team football and he club know they can recall him if Kasper gets injured, meanwhile someone like Adam Smith warms the bench, if everyone is happy who are we to criticize, he's 26, which is still fairly young for a keeper and has player 157 senior game its only 1 year so he could drop down next season if he chose

I wonder how many who are criticising Logan's new contract are among those praising Pearson for getting rid of people with a so-called "bad attitude". Cos Logan's gets 10/10 for attitude from everyone I've spoken to and seems to be a very popular guy. Quite how we're likely to persuade another Kasper class keeper to sit on his arse all season i don't know. And we've certainly signed enough more senior failures in recent seasons. Logan at least is a known quantity. And another plus towards the team of nice guys so many seem to favour.

I wonder how many who are criticising Logan's new contract are among those praising Pearson for getting rid of people with a so-called "bad attitude". Cos Logan's gets 10/10 for attitude from everyone I've spoken to and seems to be a very popular guy. Quite how we're likely to persuade another Kasper class keeper to sit on his arse all season i don't know. And we've certainly signed enough more senior failures in recent seasons. Logan at least is a known quantity. And another plus towards the team of nice guys so many seem to favour.

Agreed

Not something to applaud.

It's something we're making the most of, it's good that by having him we don't have to rotate back-up goalkeepers in the transfer window every season.

I actually think we're lucky to have him the more I think about it, he's not a horrendous keeper, he's happy enough to be second-choice (clearly), and if he's on more than £5k a week I will be amazed.

Good move.

Archived