Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JakeCurnock91

Name & Number?

This. But I also don't know why most fans decide to print their first names or nicknames ratter than their surnames. Having SHAFFU is more valuable and more personal than MARTIN...

As I said, it's personal preference. I would never have PAUL on the back of my shirt because I don't agree with it. I wouldn't have a player's name on the back but I wouldn't have a problem with a nickname on the back of it. However, Langley was my nickname at school. (we had three Paul's in my tutor group, Smith, England and myself.)

A Leicester Wolves fan, there's something I never ever thought I would see

I wouldn't say fan. Just more interested in them than other teams.

I also own a LA Galaxy shirt & a Athletico Madrid scarf (from when we played them at Filbo). Sue me.

I wouldn't say fan. Just more interested in them than other teams.

I also own a LA Galaxy shirt & a Athletico Madrid scarf (from when we played them at Filbo). Sue me.

Why would I want to sue you!?

I don't see the problem that's leading to all this debating really... He supports Leicester, he had a season ticket for many years. It's not like he's boasting how much he supports Wolverhampton Wanderers, he just likes them. I like Grimsby because I went to the game at Blundell Park in '02 where Izzet scored his overhead kick, and I've liked that club ever since.

He's only got a Wolves shirt, he still supports Leicester. I've had many Portugal shirts before, but I support England.

I really like Charlton, Newcastle and Man City, but I don't think I could bring myself to ever buy one of their shirts, just too close to home. That said, I'm not really against it, just couldn't bring myself to go through with it (and I've been very tempted by Man City having lived in Manchester the last three years).

I really like Charlton, Newcastle and Man City, but I don't think I could bring myself to ever buy one of their shirts, just too close to home. That said, I'm not really against it, just couldn't bring myself to go through with it (and I've been very tempted by Man City having lived in Manchester the last three years).

Do you still live in Manchester, were you at Uni?

I don't see the problem that's leading to all this debating really... He supports Leicester, he had a season ticket for many years. It's not like he's boasting how much he supports Wolverhampton Wanderers, he just likes them. I like Grimsby because I went to the game at Blundell Park in '02 where Izzet scored his overhead kick, and I've liked that club ever since.

He's only got a Wolves shirt, he still supports Leicester. I've had many Portugal shirts before, but I support England.

Exactly.

I'm going to wait for transfer window to close then choose. Personally I don't think having a name and number is sad at all, and I'm 30.

I try and send my shirt to the relevant player at the end of each season and get it signed. Last season had Beckford (not sent it yet) and got the misses Schmeichel and he signed it for Christmas.

Only 1 rules with names and numbers - they have to be a proper legend else you will look back at the shirt in years to come and wonder why you bothered. E.g. love my Walsh and Izzet shirts, not so fussed on my Dickov.

Not sure anyone in the current squad is up to scratch to be honest. Probably would have been Bamba.

Archived