Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJO-FOX

Kit quality

I bought last seasons kit for my 7yr old. When the letters fell off I got vouchers for this years kit, goona get the away kit as I don't rate the home blue. It is a little worrying letters are falling off without even being washed.

As for blueblood your either a WUM or a very stupid little boy. Kits cost a lot of money if they don't even last a day well im sure there is something about being fit for purpose in consumer law. Add to the embarressment to the club its not very good.

Or even better....

1248296188IndCoope11Front.JPG

wank.gif

Did anyone see what the bloke in the Merc had to say about this kit on Saturday? Personally my favourite kit:

The most controversial strip must surely be the dreadful away shirt in the 1983-84 season.

It was notable for several factors, and not just the dreadful green colour and the use of thin, vertical stripes. The first factor was that the City players of the time, including Gary Lineker, hated the shirt and had it withdrawn. Why? They always lost when wearing it.

The second was that the home blue shirt with white vertical stripes was the first to carry a sponsor's name. Brewery Ind Coope were City's first-ever shirt sponsors.

Ironically, it must be the favourite of Kasabian front-man Tom Meighan, who always wears it for live gigs.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Hopefully-new-Leicester-City-kit-won-t-leave/story-16573727-detail/story.html

Guest MattP

I do find grown men wearing replica shirts a tad weird as well. I do like the wearing of the old retro shirts though.

If the shirts really are peeling after a day or two it's pretty humiliating for the club, obviously using very cheap materials. Not surprising though, the customer service at the club is a disgrace.

There are at least two different 'arguments' going in here...

Firstly about grown men wearing a replica shirt. May i suggest if anyone REALLY wants to, they should start a seperate thread about it and discuss it there.

Then we have the quality of an item of clothing being discussed.

If i went out and spent more than 40 quid on ANY shirt from ANYWHERE, wether its GAP, NEXT or Marks and Spencer or bloody Primark , I would be down right ticked off if there were quality issues after one day of having the top. Simple as.. I mean really," you're only going to wear it once a week..." is that really a valid contribution to this discussion? is that really an answer to try and explain poor quality clothing?

The club only have themselves to blame anyway if people are complaining about it - they did all the fanfare of its release , the teaser photos... the special training session...

Can you imagine NEXT or GAP doing that for a new shirt they were bringing out? Too right people would complain about it..

It isnt JUST the poor quality of shirt people are complaining about anyway , its the fact they feel downright cheated aswell.. Dont get people all excited and then release a poor quality shirt, Leicester City. Thats a shocking buisness/ PR blunder.

And people like Blueblood getting their knickers in a twist? lol Dont object to being called a boy if you are going to act like one!

Rant over.

You would think a club run by a group of retailers would at least be able to get their main retail product right.

Well, they also run hotels... and they have made the new shirts kind of 'roomy' :whistle:

Well, they also run hotels... and they have made the new shirts kind of 'roomy' :whistle:

Does it also come with complimentary soap, a sewing kit and a copy of the bible (Hopefully will words that don't fall off) :blink:

Can't believe some of these posts. Wearing a replica shirt is not embarrassing in any way. I've never laughed at anyone wearing one or been laughed at for wearing one. You wear one to show who you're a fan of in the same way as you wear T-shirts with your favourite rock group on. I proudly wear old City shirts and Numan T-shirts all the time. If people don't like that, they're the ones with the problem not me

I do find grown men wearing replica shirts a tad weird as well. I do like the wearing of the old retro shirts though.

If the shirts really are peeling after a day or two it's pretty humiliating for the club, obviously using very cheap materials. Not surprising though, the customer service at the club is a disgrace.

That's the beauty of being old. You don't have to be or are expected to be fashionable so can wear pretty much what you like. You also with age lose the annoying worry of what others think about how you look. You also realise that the worst fashion you wore in your life was in your late teens, early twenties when you were trying to be ultra trendy. Even funnier for me is that all the cool trendy kids of today are wearing stuff I have been wearing for the last thirty years.

That's the beauty of being old. You don't have to be or are expected to be fashionable so can wear pretty much what you like. You also with age lose the annoying worry of what others think about how you look. You also realise that the worst fashion you wore in your life was in your late teens, early twenties when you were trying to be ultra trendy. Even funnier for me is that all the cool trendy kids of today are wearing stuff I have been wearing for the last thirty years.

Not something that came with age for me. This came along with being a Leicester & Numan fan at 12 and seeing all the other kids desperately trying to keep up with the latest fashions and jumping on the big club bandwagon just to fit in then slagging me off for not doing it. Since then i've just thought they were a bit pathetic and haven't listened to what the sheep are bleating about

Not something that came with age for me. This came along with being a Leicester & Numan fan at 12 and seeing all the other kids desperately trying to keep up with the latest fashions and jumping on the big club bandwagon just to fit in then slagging me off for not doing it. Since then i've just thought they were a bit pathetic and haven't listened to what the sheep are bleating about

oh yes the glory boy sheep army, you have to feel sorry for them.

Big sympathy for the ones who bought one to find its crap. I personally haven't bought one since the playoff season, and that was only because it was a REALLY nice shirt and also had no sponsor on it. The club should also refund the cost it took to get to and from the shop to return the shirt IMO

Im just getting the club badge tattooed on my back eventually. Much cheaper than buying a shirt every season (and lets face it, they're all a rip off) plus it wont fade in the wash!

Big sympathy for the ones who bought one to find its crap. I personally haven't bought one since the playoff season, and that was only because it was a REALLY nice shirt and also had no sponsor on it. The club should also refund the cost it took to get to and from the shop to return the shirt IMO

Im just getting the club badge tattooed on my back eventually. Much cheaper than buying a shirt every season (and lets face it, they're all a rip off) plus it wont fade in the wash!

Your just copying Jobber.

No, but it will look fantastic when youre 60 lol

Archived