Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Time for us all to unite and support!

We can all be moaning old bastards (and young) but I think come Saturday at 3PM (or whenever Sky deem kick off time is) we all rally round the lads and suport them as one. I love the varying opinions and debates on here and hope nobody takes it too seriously.

When we thump the dirty Northern bastards on the first day of the season everyone will be happy.

Until news of Beckford's hat-trick for his new club filters through and then FORUM MELTDOWN.

i remember thinking similar buddy, although hoping we would finally win the FA Cup though :fc:

Ah the holy grail. It still hurts to know we have been in four finals and lost them all. I went to the 1969 final as a sixteen year old and never want to feel like that again. Of course after those two other wembley losing play off finals I had given up hope of ever seeing city win at wembley, then came that glorious day against Derby , ok it wasn't a FA cup final but to win at wembley at last meant the world to me and I suspect all City fans.

My one great ambition has and always will be to see city lift the F.A cup at Wembley. I'm old fashioned i'm not bothered about winning the Prem ( just as well ) or European Glory ( again just as well ) But to see the blue and white ribbons on that cup as it's lifted by our captain and to have our name engraved on it alongside the rest would be the highlight of my life ( except my wedding day the wife has just informed me ) :D :D :D :D :D

Weren't we nearly top of the league at the time?

Then lost to Wycombe and went on the worst run in the Clubs history?

Yes, we were 5th (level points with 3rd) and had a home quarter-final against a 2nd division side.

What a spectacular collapse.

I've said it before but I always see the Wycombe game as a pivotal point in the clubs history, the start of our current run as a second tier club. We need an 'anti Wycombe' game to change us back to a first tier club.

I've said it before but I always see the Wycombe game as a pivotal point in the clubs history, the start of our current run as a second tier club. We need an 'anti Wycombe' game to change us back to a first tier club.

I've always felt like that as well. Certainly a memorable game for the wrong reasons.

Yeah and let it be against Forest away last game of this season. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey fellow foxes, reading through this forum of late is getting somewhat depressing again and its needs to stop!

I appreciate this forum is all about opinions so im not going to openly criticise people but please can we just be positive and support the guys.

Not everyone will be happy, either because we are 2/3 players short or we've sold the wrong players or we're not ready or we lost to Shrewsbury etc etc but give the manager some support and backing. Again, i appreciate he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a very knowledgable man and will try his damned hardest to get this group of players to perform. He has as good a chance as anyone else would to be fair but already people writing off certain signings he's made and players he's sold/selling.

Guys, the season is still just under 3 weeks away so let him do what he needs to do.

Its great that we all care but some realism is needed as a ball hasnt been kicked yet in the new campaign. I really dread to think what this forum will be like if we have a bad start (prob be NP to be sacked, Dyer is league 1 at best, Gally is poor, Beckford lazy, Vardy not good enough, King overrated, Wellens just poor, Morgan not a leader et etc) It gets boring doesnt it!!

I've tried to make this sound like im not having a dig at everyone but its not easy. I just want us to back the players/manager for whats going to be a huge season once again

I agree. It does get slightly boring when people are knocking the team/Pearson already, and we haven't played a game yet.

It's nice to build a winning team within friendly games but the match fitness is key.

I agree. It does get slightly boring when people are knocking the team/Pearson already, and we haven't played a game yet.

It's nice to build a winning team within friendly games but the match fitness is key.

I usually agree with you mate as you know, but the opposite to what you've said could also be true to be fair. When people are claiming we are going to do really well this year when very few of us have seen any of the new signings play or indeed, who is actually going to play.

I just say give it a few league games and then we'll all be able to give a better prediction of the season to come.

Blind optimism, or negativity, neither really does us any good. You only have to look at the forum at the start of last season to know that.

What I do like is that Nige seems to be building a team, not buying one. Whether its gonna be any good or not remains to be seen.

I usually agree with you mate as you know, but the opposite to what you've said could also be true to be fair. When people are claiming we are going to do really well this year when very few of us have seen any of the new signings play or indeed, who is actually going to play.

I just say give it a few league games and then we'll all be able to give a better prediction of the season to come.

Blind optimism, or negativity, neither really does us any good. You only have to look at the forum at the start of last season to know that.

What I do like is that Nige seems to be building a team, not buying one. Whether its gonna be any good or not remains to be seen.

Hit the nail on the head their it remains to be seen whether we can get promotion this season but if NP is given time and that is a big IF because no one can predict what the Thais will do I am fairly confident we can get promotion the following season to come.

Hit the nail on the head their it remains to be seen whether we can get promotion this season but if NP is given time and that is a big IF because no one can predict what the Thais will do I am fairly confident we can get promotion the following season to come.

Think you're right mate.

None of us know whether the Thais absolutely demand promotion this year, whether Pearson will stay etc etc etc.

But taking the look of the current squad into account, my money would be on promotion the season after next too. By then the young uns would have had more experience of the division.

As you say though it's all ifs and buts.

Think you're right mate.

None of us know whether the Thais absolutely demand promotion this year, whether Pearson will stay etc etc etc.

But taking the look of the current squad into account, my money would be on promotion next season too. By then the young uns would have had more experience of the division.

As you say though it's all ifs and buts.

I hope not. Expect? I'm sure they will but I hope that there is some common sense. I don't want us sacking Pearson if we lose in the playoffs having played well all year. Football becomes an evermore impatient business though.

Archived