Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Time for us all to unite and support!

Hey fellow foxes, reading through this forum of late is getting somewhat depressing again and its needs to stop!

I appreciate this forum is all about opinions so im not going to openly criticise people but please can we just be positive and support the guys.

Not everyone will be happy, either because we are 2/3 players short or we've sold the wrong players or we're not ready or we lost to Shrewsbury etc etc but give the manager some support and backing. Again, i appreciate he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a very knowledgable man and will try his damned hardest to get this group of players to perform. He has as good a chance as anyone else would to be fair but already people writing off certain signings he's made and players he's sold/selling.

Guys, the season is still just under 3 weeks away so let him do what he needs to do.

Its great that we all care but some realism is needed as a ball hasnt been kicked yet in the new campaign. I really dread to think what this forum will be like if we have a bad start (prob be NP to be sacked, Dyer is league 1 at best, Gally is poor, Beckford lazy, Vardy not good enough, King overrated, Wellens just poor, Morgan not a leader et etc) It gets boring doesnt it!!

I've tried to make this sound like im not having a dig at everyone but its not easy. I just want us to back the players/manager for whats going to be a huge season once again

Hey fellow foxes, reading through this forum of late is getting somewhat depressing again and its needs to stop!

I appreciate this forum is all about opinions so im not going to openly criticise people but please can we just be positive and support the guys.

Not everyone will be happy, either because we are 2/3 players short or we've sold the wrong players or we're not ready or we lost to Shrewsbury etc etc but give the manager some support and backing. Again, i appreciate he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's a very knowledgable man and will try his damned hardest to get this group of players to perform. He has as good a chance as anyone else would to be fair but already people writing off certain signings he's made and players he's sold/selling.

Guys, the season is still just under 3 weeks away so let him do what he needs to do.

Its great that we all care but some realism is needed as a ball hasnt been kicked yet in the new campaign. I really dread to think what this forum will be like if we have a bad start (prob be NP to be sacked, Dyer is league 1 at best, Gally is poor, Beckford lazy, Vardy not good enough, King overrated, Wellens just poor, Morgan not a leader et etc) It gets boring doesnt it!!

I've tried to make this sound like im not having a dig at everyone but its not easy. I just want us to back the players/manager for whats going to be a huge season once again

We will all be behind the team come the start of the season . . . . . . . . . . until we lose 5 of the opening 6 then the slimey brown stuff will hit the fan

Good post though buddy

Just because people disagree on here and some come across as negative doesn't mean that when they go to the matches they take that with them. Ever since i've been watching LCFC and that's a long time there's always been pessimist and optimists, people who think they can buy better players, pick a better team or select better tactics even after and during successful seasons.

It used to be just down the pub or around a mate house now people have the internet and there's a lot more people to disagree with.

What happens on a forum is largely irrelevant to what happens at games you just have to accept that you will not stop people disagreeing or being pessimistic it's par for the course for every football club.

Just because people disagree on here and some come across as negative doesn't mean that when they go to the matches they take that with them. Ever since i've been watching LCFC and that's a long time there's always been pessimist and optimists, people who think they can buy better players, pick a better team or select better tactics even after and during successful seasons.

It used to be just down the pub or around a mate house now people have the internet and there's a lot more people to disagree with.

What happens on a forum is largely irrelevant to what happens at games you just have to accept that you will not stop people disagreeing or being pessimistic it's par for the course for every football club.

Yeah good post in fairness.

Every club has debates the same as we do but i think it just feels like it gets worse on here thats all.

The summer is generally exciting because of potential new players but ours has been somewhat quiet compared to last year and thats been criticised by many. We can always improve the side but lets give the manager his time with his team.

Majority of this seasons team will be his signings particularly the defence so then its fair to judge. I personally think a back 4 of De Laet, Morgan, Whitbread and Konch will do a good job

The trick to this board is to remember there are 12,000 members of this board, of which only about 1% moan constantly, the problem is moaning and complaining is always louder than quiet satisfaction, nobody posts when they are happy with how things going only when they have a complaint so you get this skewed perception on here that everyone is negative all the time and it is just not true, as you can see by every poll about every player, manager, owner it always comes out overwhelmingly in support of them.

99% of this board is fully behind every player and the manager, even those that seem to complain a lot, normally it is about one aspect or one player it is just the nature of complaining that it is always louder than being content, and without any meaningful games/performances to back up either side it just ends up going round in circles.

Chill out relax and await the new season.

I think up until the season starts it's fine to discuss these issues such as who we want or think should leave and I have no problem with people talking about players they've seen play for us. But I don't think it should carry through to pre-season games (Booing Gally for instance) and once the season starts you're right we all need to unite and support whoever the manager is and whatever players are at the club. Certainly once the season begins abusing any player who has a future at the club isn't going to be helpful. I also think that the people who are judging new signings or our potential for success based on a couple of pre-season friendlies need to calm down a bit and wait to see how we do against the Posh. I'll admit that I've probably been overly vocal in the Beckford debates, but that's not because he's a bad player but because I think weighing it up moving him on is the best option, in the long term, for the club. But if he is our player come the Posh game, I'll be chanting his name and willing him to get the 20 goals a season, just like I did last year.

I remember last year, reading these forums, that there was an optimism bus thread or something like that. I wasn't a member then but since joining I've decided I want a ticket for that bus.

All forums are full of negative people I'm afraid, mainly because the world is full of miserable bastards. I read these negatives posts with great amusement and chuckle at peoples views. I take relief from the fact that these people will never get near to the running of our club.

I remember last year, reading these forums, that there was an optimism bus thread or something like that. I wasn't a member then but since joining I've decided I want a ticket for that bus.

All forums are full of negative people I'm afraid, mainly because the world is full of miserable bastards. I read these negatives posts with great amusement and chuckle at peoples views. I take relief from the fact that these people will never get near to the running of our club.

I chuckle over the optimists, who reckon every season is "The Season"!

The realists are called "negative", which is pretty sad really, as they have been proved right, season after season.

It would be nice to be optimistic, but that will only happen when we have a proven good squad, to the realists.

The realists are called "negative", which is pretty sad really, as they have been proved right, season after season.

That's because when you support Leicester, being a realist is being negative.

It would be nice to be optimistic, but that will only happen when we have a proven good squad, to the realists.

Dangerous Tiger a realist? Ba ha ha ha.

Of course, you are balanced when it comes to the manager aren't you?

Well I think we all love our club and it is a big part of our lives, and so that being we do get emotional. As we all know emotions go both ways negative and positive depending on how we are doing at any given time. I've been a supporter since my Dad first took me to a match in 1959 and since then I can honestly say I have been both negative and positive about my beloved Leicester city.

As a Leicester supporter you learn to live with disappointment , as a medium size club it seems par for the course , but once in a life time comes something like the MON era , completely unexpected no mad money being chucked around just our luck to have him as manager. During his time I had never been so positive. Being able on our day to beat anyone Liverpool ( home and away ) Man United ( away) etc.

But I still remember standing at Wembley after we beat Tranmere rovers in the league cup final looking all around me at the jubilation and euphoria, I still thought to my self take this in and enjoy this moment because it's as good as we are ever going to get .

So on balance I tend to be negative , perhaps that way it does not hurt so much as I never expect too much. But for some reason I just have a feeling about this year and I have booked my front seat on the optimist Bus. So come on you blues and come on you fans lets be positive this year and get behind the club. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

This...

The purpose of a forum is to moan, argue, be ecstatic, be pissed off, be funny, inform etc etc.

As DG says, its the cyber version of a pub, sorta thing.

Well I think we all love our club and it is a big part of our lives, and so that being we do get emotional. As we all know emotions go both ways negative and positive depending on how we are doing at any given time. I've been a supporter since my Dad first took me to a match in 1959 and since then I can honestly say I have been both negative and positive about my beloved Leicester city.

As a Leicester supporter you learn to live with disappointment , as a medium size club it seems par for the course , but once in a life time comes something like the MON era , completely unexpected no mad money being chucked around just our luck to have him as manager. During his time I had never been so positive. Being able on our day to beat anyone Liverpool ( home and away ) Man United ( away) etc.

But I still remember standing at Wembley after we beat Tranmere rovers in the league cup final looking all around me at the jubilation and euphoria, I still thought to my self take this in and enjoy this moment because it's as good as we are ever going to get .

So on balance I tend to be negative , perhaps that way it does not hurt so much as I never expect too much. But for some reason I just have a feeling about this year and I have booked my front seat on the optimist Bus. So come on you blues and come on you fans lets be positive this year and get behind the club. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :pearson: :pearson: :pearson:

What a cracking post....

I concur mate...

i remember thinking similar buddy, although hoping we would finally win the FA Cup though :fc:

Chris, it's a forum - we air our grievances here but doesn't mean that come 3pm on a saturday we dont cheer and sing. This is a platform for people to get things of their chest - not just to loyaly support.

I appreciate that and at times, its great. However, why is thr majority negativity? All's im asking is to be a bit more positive and not always about the same old things

This...

The purpose of a forum is to moan, argue, be ecstatic, be pissed off, be funny, inform etc etc.

As DG says, its the cyber version of a pub, sorta thing.

are you lookin at my cyber bird's tits ?

This season reminds me of the League One season.

The previous season we had spent shed loads of money, been hyped up to the eyeballs and then all been hugely disappointed. A popular manager had been sacked early and we found ourselves with an unspectacular unknown leading us.

Well, we know Pearson now but I feel that same uncertainty about new signings and our prospects as I did then.

That time it turned out ok, fingers crossed for this time!!

Archived