Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Lee Peltier has signed for Leeds United

Obviously there were a lot of weak links in the team and pretty much every position bar goalkeeper has been strengthened - Pearson's no mug. Gallagher obviously has his weakenesses, but he's got his strengths too - he scores regularly, he takes a decent free kick, his crossing is better than people give him credit for, he's worth a place in the squad for sure. It annoys me when people say 'Pearson sticks with his favourites' - when Ben Marshall came in and started playing, who made way for him? Gallagher.

Peltier was an absolute defensive liability and so many cheap goals started down his flank - if Warnock thinks he can get more out of him, fantastic. I'm glad that we've seen there is a problem there and addressed it by moving the player on and getting in a fairly cheap replacement.

Am I wrong on this. Even when we signed Ben, who incidentally, I think looks good stuff, did we not then play Gally in some games still?

The infamous decision to field a paper thin midfield against Millwall, the game which essentially resigned us to another championship season, being one of them? I'm sure I saw Gally start some games even when 'Ben Marshall' was at the club?

Am I wrong on this. Even when we signed Ben, who incidentally, I think looks good stuff, did we not then play Gally in some games still?

The infamous decision to field a paper thin midfield against Millwall, the game which essentially resigned us to another championship season, being one of them? I'm sure I saw Gally start some games even when 'Ben Marshall' was at the club?

They never started a game together and you are correct that Gallagher briefly retained his place and even regained it after our defeat to Bristol. Gallagher was on the pitch against Milwall because Marshall was injured. God that was a shit match.

They never started a game together and you are correct that Gallagher briefly retained his place and even regained it after our defeat to Bristol. Gallagher was on the pitch against Milwall because Marshall was injured. God that was a shit match.

You aren't wrong there Mike mi old mate.

Just watching THAT game tells me all I need to know about King and Gally against certain opposition.

Totally totally overrun.

You aren't wrong there Mike mi old mate.

Just watching THAT game tells me all I need to know about King and Gally against certain opposition.

Totally totally overrun.

Bloody hell it was that traumatic I've got me line up wrong. Marshall and Gallagher both played! King, Wellens, Marshall and Gally were the midfield. Thankfully we toughened up the midfield and took Gally off for Dyer.

In fairness 'overrun' gives the impression that they tried to compete.

Bloody hell it was that traumatic I've got me line up wrong. Marshall and Gallagher both played! King, Wellens, Marshall and Gally were the midfield. Thankfully we toughened up the midfield and took Gally off for Dyer.

In fairness 'overrun' gives the impression that they tried to compete.

lol

Magic....

That line up would be ok for many home matches, but Millwall away. I was flabbergasted to be fair.

A weak link in our team???? If he was a weak link then he was 1 of many with the likes of gally and Welles and king in front of him? Gallagher can't tackle,head a ball or cross a ball? But he has a couple of good shots once in ten games and still gets in the team? Wellen is shite, too old too slow! King had a bad season hopefully! I don't like to say it but warnock is no mug, he ain't going to waste money Leeds haven't got. He's got far more experience in getting Out of this league than Pearson. I don't see any teams interested in Gallagher, wellens or any of the other dead wood!

He was found out at this level. The defensive frailties like standing off his man when they were in a crossing position, jogging back to his position while the game goes on around him and being hopelessly out of position for half the match cost us massively last season.

It's a pity the Leeds fans haven't picked up on this thread. It would be such fun to hear what they would make of our appraisal of Peltier.

They couldn't even say it's just sour grapes because we got rid of him. Boy are they in for a rude awakening :D :D :D

Can't remember this fantastic start that Peltier had, think the winner against Cov has gone to peoples heads.

Very average, not a threat going forward and the weak link in defence for me.

Nice lad and his best moment was refusing Rob Green a handshake.

Peltier is distinctly average, mediocre going forward and a decent tackler but positionally he was the pits. He also suffered from coming to a club who'd just had the best right back they'd had since Pontus Kaamark so he had a lot to live up to as Naughton was sensational.

He might do alright at Leeds alongside a right winger who can defend and attack in unison, but I'm not sad to see him go.

I think we got what Peltier is worth for him. There are worse full backs and there are better ones.

His major failings are lack of attacking threat and concentration. These failing are not unique to him but are not conducive to the way we wish and wished to play. If you take Kyle Naughton out of the equation we have lacked a decent right back for longer than I care to remember.

Archived