Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Lee Peltier has signed for Leeds United

Seen better & seen worse, not great going forward, not great in defence did ok but an average right back and nothing more!

The twitter love is a but much though

He's not brilliant but he's not terrible. He always gave his all but was found lacking a few times to many defensively.

Baffling how many people think he's "brilliant", Leeds think they are getting an amazing player because of them on twitter.

Lee Peltier is superb, bro #bestrbinlcfchistory

Not having that Guesty, Konch is 10 times the player of Pelts. Dyer only made 27 starts too and no way is there a correlation between Dyer's presence and Knoch's performances.

I never said Peltier was better than Knoch. Konch has 10 plus seasons in the premiership and 2 England caps. Of course hes better than some young kid in his first season in the Championship. I wasn't trying to say Peltier was better, hes not even in the same ball park. Konchesky is one of the best full-backs in the league. All I was trying to point out was I think Peltier's scapegoated when it's not all his fault. I think Knoch would have struggled without any cover infront of him - not as much though because hes a better player.

I disagree with the Dyer bit though. I think even just having a winger in front of a full-back makes a difference, which is a luxury Peltier missed far too much last year. Dyer for all his shortcomings doesn't half graft and along with his 27 starts he had 9 sub apperances in the league which is when the full-backs were most tired. Most of the games Dyer didn't start were probably when we played 4-3-3 so there was extra cover. That was probably under Sven when Peltier looked at his best (I can't prove that - am only going off memory, so it could be wrong).

I think it's good for everyone he's left though. De laet looks a better player and Peltier did really struggle towards the end of the season, he has positional faults and £850k is a good price.

Looks like fair value to me .... he was a decent player, seemed to have the potential to be better, but had his flaws.

Played better for Sven than NP, Leeds will hope they get the same out of him that Sven did, then he's a good signing, get what NP did and he's a good sell.

If we replace him with better then great, or with someone that's not better but that hits form under NP.

Archived