Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Lee Peltier has signed for Leeds United

Why do some people believe Peltier is a young player? He isn't. He's mid twenties not a teenager.

Not good enough and unlikely to get better.

I think we've seen flashes of him being better than he was for most of the latter half of last season, that's where the potential is ... just not one of the players that responded better to NP than Sven for me .... so sensible sale, but he's a decent player, not great, not rubbish.

The "Peltier was great going forward" was as big a myth as the "we played good football under Sven" statements that were made.

He rarely went forward, couldn't beat players when he did and was a shit crosser.

lol Aye, and a myth to Sven being a good manager, or a non-shit one, or his signings being value for money.

Peltier wasn't horrific but he was average being generous. We can do better and I'm certain we have done in De Laet. I'll give Peltier a little applause on his return but nothing more, he seems a decent lad, just not right for us.

Onwards we move, if we've invested this money into Knockaert it sounds like unreal business.

Best moment was his cross against Donny when the keeper decided to chuck it in his own net.

He was seen by many foxes fans as having a good start too the season but in reality he was part of a shocking back 4 that struggled to attack or defend. (They did get it together a bit later in the season) The only reason people think he was good at the start was because he scored the winner on opening day.

Im not saying he was bad, just bang average.

£800k is a fair deal for Peltier.

Average right back at this level - let's not pretend he was shit for us, he wasn't.

850K certainly isn't a bad sum for a player who had a decent season, like most at the start of the season I thought he was a real gem, towards the end of the season I was a little worried of any opposition attack down that side. Always thought he wasn't covered to well by the players around him, but then I feel that was the same for Konchesky who still managed to a great job when his centre back left him short of help, maybe this was because Pelts himself tended to wander out of position. He'll do a decent job for any team at this level and thanks to him for his season here, but we made a profit on the transfer fee which is all we can ask for.

I thought Pelts was decent, think NP has made a mistake here.

Not sure about De Lait seen him a few times and apart from pace he hasn't got much else.

Only a matter of time before fans on here start having a pop at him too.

We seem to be lacking cover in the defensive back four now.

Who will partner Morgan with both SSL and Whitbread injured? And who will cover at RB once De Lait ges found out?

Poor decisions bring made at management level here.

Not sure about De Lait seen him a few times and apart from pace he hasn't got much else.

Who will partner Morgan with both SSL and Whitbread injured? And who will cover at RB once De Lait ges found out?

De Laet.

Whitbread isn't injured and we're on the verge of signing Gerrard.

De Laet probably won't get found out and Liam Moore seems a more than capable right back

RB - De Laet, Moore, (St Ledger)

CB- Morgan, Whitbread, Ledger, (Moore) and potentially Gerrard.

LB- Konchesky, Kennedy.

We're absolutely fine.

RB - De Laet, Moore, (St Ledger)

CB- Morgan, Whitbread, Ledger, (Moore) and potentially Gerrard.

LB- Konchesky, Kennedy.

We're absolutely fine.

I agree.

Also, De Laet can play CB and LB, and James can cover CB (and some say RB) as well.

Looks like Gerrard is a done deal. Even if it doesn't happen, it does look like we'll be trying to get one more centre half, so I think you're right - defence is about sorted.

Good luck to the lad. Can't say he impressed me more than occasionally. Defensively I thought him a specific weakness on the back post and while he had the ability and athleticism to get forward - and did so on rare occasions - he didn't strike me as having the self-belief to do it consistently and he wasn't particularly effective when he did.

I'm a believer in attacking full-backs but it's a massive job and requires players with good judgement, outstanding recovery powers, consdierable skill and single-minded determination. It's also necessary for others to be aware of what's going on and provide cover when necessary.

Being fair to Peltier, the cover was too often questionable. Gallagher's no defender. King was largely out of it last season with the build-up to the injury that eventually sidelined him, Wellens wouldn't have the engine for it and our central defenders had enough to do looking after their own territory.

So it may work out better for Peltier at Leeds but I don't see him protecting the back post as we need and I don't see him suddenly becoming a sufficiently dangerous supporting attacker either. Let's hope we have better to come.

Archived