Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hbkkids

Lee Peltier has signed for Leeds United

He started out brightly, only to fade away as the season progressed.

Great going forward and supporting the attack play, but my oh my does he have problems covering the gaps he's leaving behind when found out.

More a wing-back or left midfielder than a proper left defender.

Great going forward and supporting the attack play, but my oh my does he have problems covering the gaps he's leaving behind when found out.

This great going forward argument is a myth, he really wasn't. Whether it was Pearsons tactics that hindered it, who knows. But he sure did frustrate me watching him lumber forward and back all game to no effect in either direction.

So long pass back Pelts.

Guest MattP

The "Peltier was great going forward" was as big a myth as the "we played good football under Sven" statements that were made.

He rarely went forward, couldn't beat players when he did and was a shit crosser.

He started out brightly, only to fade away as the season progressed.

More a wing-back or left midfielder than a proper left defender.

Left?

Have I missed summat?

I'll reserve judgement until De Laet/Moore prove to be better having seen hardly any of their performances and none against other Championship sides.

Yet another here to day gone in the blink of an eye tomorrow player.

Wasn't great but wasn't as bad as some make out. He had no protection in front of him and was constantly asked to go forwards and provide width. As soon as he went forwards we didn't have anyone who could keep the ball upfront and he had to run back out of position.

Do think De Laet will be an upgrade and its a good move all round.

Wasn't great but wasn't as bad as some make out. He had no protection in front of him and was constantly asked to go forwards and provide width. As soon as he went forwards we didn't have anyone who could keep the ball upfront and he had to run back out of position.

Do think De Laet will be an upgrade and its a good move all round.

Konchesky seemed to manage getting back into position alright. Even when he put in a cross from the byline, he'd be the first man back

Konchesky seemed to manage getting back into position alright. Even when he put in a cross from the byline, he'd be the first man back

Konchesky had Dyer in front of him who does a lot more defensively than any right winger we had. Half the time Gallagher or which ever central midfielder was playing out there was in the middle of the park and Peltier had 2 players running at him.

That being said his positioning was poor at times through no-one elses fault but his own and I'm not saying I'll miss him - just that I think he got some unfair critisicm.

Konchesky had Dyer in front of him who does a lot more defensively than any right winger we had. Half the time Gallagher or which ever central midfielder was playing out there was in the middle of the park and Peltier had 2 players running at him.

That being said his positioning was poor at times through no-one elses fault but his own and I'm not saying I'll miss him - just that I think he got some unfair critisicm.

Not having that Guesty, Konch is 10 times the player of Pelts. Dyer only made 27 starts too and no way is there a correlation between Dyer's presence and Knoch's performances.

He's not brilliant but he's not terrible. He always gave his all but was found lacking a few times to many defensively.

Baffling how many people think he's "brilliant", Leeds think they are getting an amazing player because of them on twitter.

On the Leeds fan forum I've just been on, they're talking about him like he's one of the best signings they've made in recent years. lol

He's an average Championship defender, I'm thrilled we made a profit really. Good luck to him, but I'm amazed at the response from some fans.

Archived