Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Tom Parkes to Bristol Rovers on a permanent deal

Think this is a shame,much better player than Bolger and has been unfortunate with injuries.Could be another mistake like o'Neil who is now at Burnley.I hope NP has the lack of CB cover sorted!!I thought after seeing him play against Sunderland he was going to be part of the squad or at least knocking on the door.As I say shame.

I'm shocked we've signed him off you guys to be honest, I thought he had a future with you guys. He's the better of the two between him and Bolger and one day i think he'll play Champ football. He was exceptional since coming down and has shown no signs of that injury holding him back.

As for a comparison with Guy Branston, he's a million times the player Branston ever was already and a completely different player. Very good on the ball for L2.

I'm shocked we've signed him off you guys to be honest, I thought he had a future with you guys. He's the better of the two between him and Bolger and one day i think he'll play Champ football. He was exceptional since coming down and has shown no signs of that injury holding him back.

As for a comparison with Guy Branston, he's a million times the player Branston ever was already and a completely different player. Very good on the ball for L2.

Good luck to him, and Bristol Rovers. Nice little club, would like to see you in a higher division.

I was suprised Parkes was sold. But I trust Nigel Pearson, especially as he was a defender. I was suprised when we got rid of Kee, but it hasn't turned out to be a poor decision yet.

Good luck to him, and Bristol Rovers. Nice little club, would like to see you in a higher division.

I was suprised Parkes was sold. But I trust Nigel Pearson, especially as he was a defender. I was suprised when we got rid of Kee, but it hasn't turned out to be a poor decision yet.

Thanks mate. Like i said I think he could play Championship in the future, but maybe not for a club like Leicester who would have aspirations of Prem football, so perhaps it was the right time to cash in, we had money from the sale of Carayol to Boro so have had a decent chance to reinvest and i'm pretty sure Parkes has a lot of respect for McGhee. Might well be the best thing for all parties.

This....

Good move for the lad. He's a solid and committed defender but I never thought he'd make it here.

Going to Bristol will give him far more opportunity to play first team football than he'd ever get here and will give him chance to work on the flaws in his game - particularly his distribution from what I saw.

He'll make an okay professional and if he's determined enough to work on his weaknesses might eventually be a good one in time.

one of their genuine ITK fans said

Was told around £200k, and they told me that it would happen last night. However, they did say themselves that they weren't sure on the fee at all. So could be totally different. There will be a lot of add ons though - as you'd expect with a 20 year old

Archived