Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

is that the best we have played and lost?

In the last couple of years? I can't remember a loosing performance like that where I've felt so much promise from the team. I would much rather play like us and loose than play like blackburn and win, because come the end of season if we both play at the same level I know who will finish higher. Whoever said pearson couldn't have us playing entertaining football stick your hands up now. I feel proud and very optomistic COYB

In the last couple of years? I can't remember a loosing performance like that where I've felt so much promise from the team. I would much rather play like us and loose than play like blackburn and win, because come the end of season if we both play at the same level I know who will finish higher. Whoever said pearson couldn't have us playing entertaining football stick your hands up now. I feel proud and very optomistic COYB

QPR away springs to mind. We f**ked them for 89 minutes without scoring and conceded a goal.

It's massively unfair being a Leicester fan.

The side with more points??

Sh it.

nothing is promising losing a football game you played well in , somethings missing/lacking . we never talk too much about "we were shit today but 3pts will do us fine" . when i hear us picking up points we shouldnt then it's time for that kind of comment . liverpool played brilliant yesterday for a point , but man city (league champs ) were battered and bruised but picked up a lucky point . whos the better team ?

I know it wasn't in the last couple of years but the best I've ever seen us play and still lose is when we battered Chelsea and still lost 4-2 (can't remember the exact year, it was sometime at the start of the last decade) at the old Filbo. We were bloody brilliant that day! That's still some of the best football I've seen us produce.

Anyone else remember that game?

I know it wasn't in the last couple of years but the best I've ever seen us play and still lose is when we battered Chelsea and still lost 4-2 (can't remember the exact year, it was sometime at the start of the last decade) at the old Filbo. We were bloody brilliant that day! That's still some of the best football I've seen us produce.

I do, Zola scored the winner after we had been battering them looking for the 3-3 and if my swiss cheese memory serves me well, both teams were applauded off the field by both sets of fans - and then we went home and had Horlicks and watched the Generation Game - the good old days!

What is sad, is how far we have fallen that we once played heart in the mouth football in the Prem against Chelsea and now settle for being defeated in Div 2 as long as we play 'well'

I do, Zola scored the winner after we had been battering them looking for the 3-3 and if my swiss cheese memory serves me well, both teams were applauded off the field by both sets of fans - and then we went home and had Horlicks and watched the Generation Game - the good old days!

What is sad, is how far we have fallen that we once played heart in the mouth football in the Prem against Chelsea and now settle for being defeated in Div 2 as long as we play 'well'

I'm not sure if you mean what you write, really. If you do, I can't understand why you don't get it.

People are encouraged by the last two games, because we played very well. People can see that we might well have a team to be proud of again in the near future. If we carry on putting in performances like that, then the only way is up. People aren't happy we lost, they're happy that the team looks like one that could win regularly soon.

I'm not sure if you mean what you write, really. If you do, I can't understand why you don't get it.

People are encouraged by the last two games, because we played very well. People can see that we might well have a team to be proud of again in the near future. If we carry on putting in performances like that, then the only way is up. People aren't happy we lost, they're happy that the team looks like one that could win regularly soon.

Of course I mean what I write. I also hope, as I have done every season for certainly the last 12 or so, that we are going to move back up to become the team and club we should be - this season no exception. That doesn't mean I don't want Nige to do well (I hope he does, managerial changes are disastrous things generally) but really for a club that can regularly attract 30,000 fans when it is performing at its peak, we should have the right to expect our club to be a Premier League force, not this miserable (and it is 12 years folks) excuse for a club - time after time, the custodians of our club have made mistakes and generally, the fans have gone along with it, with only the letters page of the Mockery and the actual games to make their voices heard. I don't know if anyone from the club ever reads the tripe on here, but just in case they do, I will keep reminding them that they are under performing until they get it right. They managed it for a few years back in the 90's after Shipman et al were hounded out (wish we'd had message boards back then...) but alas, screwed it up after Martin left.

Hopefully a corner has been turned and a couple of the new signings do look good but don't kid yourself that 'play offs' is a good target - we would have expected better 10 years ago - it used to be called ambition, now it's just moaning

Guess what, even if we go up I'll still be at it -

:o Why does it have to be one or the other? By this, I mean we've got certain people posting that the 'only way is up', whilst others remain all doom and gloom.

Pearson seems to have assembled a good, eager, young team. Playing together over time, they can probably (though not certainly) only get better.

However, we still show defensive weaknesses. Whether this be due to excessively attacking football, or due to individual errors (or bad luck), the fact is that we have now conceded 4 goals in the last two games.

We are also missing chances up t'other end.

So all is not rosy..

However, with the return of SSL and the introduction of Whitbread, hopefully our defensive lapses will lessen.

And, with Vardy having scored his first league goal and Nugent becoming what appears to be his 'natural partner', its very likely that more of the chances made will be converted.

My opinion is that we will win against Blackpool, because we are a pretty formidable side at home. However, I also suggest we will struggle at Wolves if the defensive lapses are still not ironed out. Wolves have players in their team, as did Charlton and Blackburn, who can punish you given half a chance. Doyle being perhaps the main one.

So all in all, league points aside, I can see us getting stronger as a squad and that the results, with some work, will come. But, there is no point in simply saying that 'we are gonna give someone a good hiding' (we might not) or 'all is lost' (it isn't).

Just look at the things we are good at, where we need to improve, and go from here.

I remember. If memory serves me correctly we absolutely battered them for 80 mind only for us to concede three goals in the last 10 minutes. Wasn't it Micky Adams premier league season?

Can't wait for them to introduce the "should have been top but got unlucky table"...we lost people, don't be blind about it.

We know we lost we saw the result, that is done and in the past. Now looking forward we have 43 more games in the league starting with Blackpool. Now as I said we all know we lost, but if we play like that again I am confident we will beat Blackpool. Now if we had won but played badly then I would be saying if we play like that against Blackpool we will probably lose.

The optimism comes from looking forward not back, if the goal hadn't been ruled out and we had won the game then we would all be saying how great we played, but that one decision changed the result, but it didn't change the performance.

I think I know the game you mean. I'm sure it was just 3-2 though. Scowcroft scored 2 to put us 2-1 up and we were battering them. Zola scored a free kick to equalise then JFH scored a late winner.

Just to agree with the OP, I dont rememer us being quite that good and losing.

Its the kind of performance that could really turn the fans optimism if it turned out better (Nuge opens the scoring with that header, Vardy goal allowed etc etc). If we win the game playing like that, people talk of the title, we lose and its back to, he's not good enough, the formations shit etc etc

QPR away springs to mind. We f**ked them for 89 minutes without scoring and conceded a goal.

It's massively unfair being a Leicester fan.

I was at QPR that day and I didnt think we dominated the game at all they had chances aswell, we hardly looked like scoring at all tbh. We also had Ricardo in goal so it was bound to go wrong

I was at QPR that day and I didnt think we dominated the game at all they had chances aswell, we hardly looked like scoring at all tbh. We also had Ricardo in goal so it was bound to go wrong

You're a false fan. We always look better than the other side............

Archived