Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

4-3-3 like Blackpool, Swansea ect

You do realise to play a 4-3-3 you have to have a very fluid philosophy and with Leicester we don't have that.

4-3-3 is a excellent formation IF you have the players to pass the ball and close players down quick, we simply don't have that.

But that's exactly what we do have, and are doing, at the moment. Makes a refreshing change from previous seasons.

I have to total solution and it's not about formations.

I watched Match of the Day this morning and suddenly realised that Manchester United win a lot. So, there it is, all we have to do is play like Manchester United. If we start playing like Manchester United we will start to score goals and could even win the European Cup thing as well - and that must surely surpass even the most ardent LCFC fan's wildest dream for the season?!

Man U have the officials on their side, though. We don't!

Man U have the officials on their side, though. We don't!

I don't believe we can do it half-cocked. We need to ignore TV interviews, bribe officials and float ourselves in Asia - all of that shit. And we need to sign all of their players and move into their stadium. And change our kit.

I'm a big picture guy.

Worth trying on Tuesday? A game against Burton Albion should, although we can't get complacent, be considered a friendly-like game - one to try out different formations, combinations and tactics.

Should not be considered a friendly game at all. This is a competitive fixture which people will pay good money to see and which the opposition will try to win. It is an opportunity to give a few starts to players currently on the bench and a rest to any that need it but not for wholesale changes, not for me anyway. Everyone will be moaning like fvck if we lose and perhaps even if we don't win comfortably, such is our arrogance when it comes to 'smaller' clubs.

There is a problem of compatibility with our squad and the 433/451 hybrid formation. The formation requires at least one if not both of the wide forwards to play close to the central forward so as not to leave him isolated. As a result at least on one side of the pitch the full back becomes the primary supplier of width, crosses and indeed attacking threat. Both of our full back are unsuited to this wingbacky role and are frankly rather pedestrian. We also have 27 central strikers. Pearson has built a squad for the 442 and with some variation in balance (sometimes two up top some times one deep forward one advanced forward; sometimes two wingers and other times a narrow Oakley type player on one side) that is what we will play.

I can't really see why anyone wants us to change formation right now. We're looking dangerous, and if we carry on playing like this, we will start scoring goals and picking up points.

People often talk about 4-4-2 being old-fashioned and out-dated, but I don't buy it. It's been around for so long for a reason - it works. Sure, it has its disadvantages, but then so does every formation. People have talked about using a holding midfielder, but we'd have to sacrifice an attacking player to accommodate him. I don't think that would be clever when we have so many options up front.

As others have pointed out, the squad has been built for 4-4-2. We have six strikers, and only four available central midfielders.

4-2-3-1 is better than 4-3-3 IMO, they're very similar but 4-2-3-1 steals a defensive minded midfielder and replaces them with an attacking one, or a deeper-lying forward.

I'd love to see us build on a 4-2-3-1, quality formation, it's actually pretty similar to 4-4-2 yet allows far better link up between central players, wide players and forwards, although you need a great centre forward to play it.

Swansea and Blackpool did well because they have the quality forwards. Sorry but Phillips, Ince and Sinclair are 3 of the best english forward prospects that we just don't have

I think Knockaert can be as good as them, I honestly do.

Marshall to me suits a deeper wide role, not sure I'd like him as a wide forward personally.

I agree with the gist of this topic though, I'd much rather we had this kind of formation as a blueprint than 4-4-2, I think when you play nice football you've simply got to be patient, it won't reap instant rewards but when you win a few games and get recognition you're laughing, you're automatically a more attractive prospect and bigger clubs will be as happy to loan you their top youngsters as you are to sign them, it's important that our last two results are not automatic write-offs for our improved style of football because I really think given time we could be onto something special.

I have to total solution and it's not about formations.

I watched Match of the Day this morning and suddenly realised that Manchester United win a lot. So, there it is, all we have to do is play like Manchester United. If we start playing like Manchester United we will start to score goals and could even win the European Cup thing as well - and that must surely surpass even the most ardent LCFC fan's wildest dream for the season?!

I'm going to support united from now on and just pretend it is Leicester and the Thais have made us wear red for good luck and extra sales.

Worth trying on Tuesday? A game against Burton Albion should, although we can't get complacent, be considered a friendly-like game - one to try out different formations, combinations and tactics.

If only we'd had a friendly type game, perhaps against a team like Burton, before the season began...

4-2-3-1 is better than 4-3-3 IMO, they're very similar but 4-2-3-1 steals a defensive minded midfielder and replaces them with an attacking one, or a deeper-lying forward.

I'd love to see us build on a 4-2-3-1, quality formation, it's actually pretty similar to 4-4-2 yet allows far better link up between central players, wide players and forwards, although you need a great centre forward to play it.

I think Knockaert can be as good as them, I honestly do.

Marshall to me suits a deeper wide role, not sure I'd like him as a wide forward personally.

Knockaert's still a bit of an unkown quantity, he could do a Dyer and go missing throughout the winter months? And Marshall's perfect position is playing just behind a front two, and didn't that used to be Gally's natural position 'til we played him on the wing?

Archived