Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

4-3-3 like Blackpool, Swansea ect

Rite I'm not having a dig at Pearson because I believe he is the man to take us up. We are playing brilliant football at the minute but the goals are just not coming.

But what I do believe more goals will come if we play 4-3-3. Just like Blackpool. They have no trouble scoring and I'm pretty confident they will win the league this year. Just with the quality wingers they have and a good finisher in the middle to convert. Ince and Phillips I think are the two best wingers in this league. With someone as good as Kevin Phillips in the middle. I think we have better central midfielders than Blackpool and would provide even more service with the football we play.

Also Swansea they played brilliant football and converted chances. Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer on the wings with Borini in the middle (in the championship) then they proved they could still do it in the Premiership with Graham.

I believe Marshall and Knockaert are good enough to be like these wingers and can provide Vardy/Nugent/Beckford in the middle the opportunities they need. Plus Drinkwater, King and Danns in the middle would provide quality support. Then with St Ledger and Whitbread coming fit the defense will become stronger.

We are playing great football but changing to 4-3-3 like all the better teams will create MORE GOALS.

Thoughts?

Rite I'm not having a dig at Pearson because I believe he is the man to take us up. We are playing brilliant football at the minute but the goals are just not coming.

But what I do believe more goals will come if we play 4-3-3. Just like Blackpool. They have no trouble scoring and I'm pretty confident they will win the league this year. Just with the quality wingers they have and a good finisher in the middle to convert. Ince and Phillips I think are the two best wingers in this league. With someone as good as Kevin Phillips in the middle. I think we have better central midfielders than Blackpool and would provide even more service with the football we play.

Also Swansea they played brilliant football and converted chances. Scott Sinclair and Nathan Dyer on the wings with Borini in the middle (in the championship) then they proved they could still do it in the Premiership with Graham.

I believe Marshall and Knockaert are good enough to be like these wingers and can provide Vardy/Nugent/Beckford in the middle the opportunities they need. Plus Drinkwater, King and Danns in the middle would provide quality support. Then with St Ledger and Whitbread coming fit the defense will become stronger.

We are playing great football but changing to 4-3-3 like all the better teams will create MORE GOALS.

Thoughts?

You do realise to play a 4-3-3 you have to have a very fluid philosophy and with Leicester we don't have that.

4-3-3 is a excellent formation IF you have the players to pass the ball and close players down quick, we simply don't have that.

You mean the 4-3-3 we played under Sven and which everyone complained about?

The formation that had everyone crying out, 4-4-2?

I'm not against it, per se, just pointing out there's more to it than that.

You do realise to play a 4-3-3 you have to have a very fluid philosophy and with Leicester we don't have that.

4-3-3 is a excellent formation IF you have the players to pass the ball and close players down quick, we simply don't have that.

If you have been to the last two matches you would have seen we play brilliant quick passing football. Just can't create the finishing chances. We do have that

I think that formation only calls for one striker and we've got about 6.

True but Vardy, Schlupp and Beckford could be used out wider as well.

True but Vardy, Schlupp and Beckford could be used out wider as well.

In theory yes, but they'd be wasted as goalscorers. Schlupp played a few times out there last season and I didn't think it suited him, similarly Beckford and Vardy are goalscoring (or at least they're supposed to be) strikers who should play through the middle to have their best effect.

I'm not a fan of strikers out wide, I think Sinclair and Dyer at Swansea are specific kinds of attacking wingers who are suited to that formation.

In theory yes, but they'd be wasted as goalscorers. Schlupp played a few times out there last season and I didn't think it suited him, similarly Beckford and Vardy are goalscoring (or at least they're supposed to be) strikers who should play through the middle to have their best effect.

I'm not a fan of strikers out wide, I think Sinclair and Dyer at Swansea are specific kinds of attacking wingers who are suited to that formation.

I'm not either. But if that's the case sell some of them. Make a squad with better wingers. I think we should give it a go one game.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Whitbread/St Ledger

Koncheskey

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Vardy

Marshall

I'm not either. But if that's the case sell some of them. Make a squad with better wingers. I think we should give it a go one game.

Kasper

De Leat

Morgan

Whitbread/St Ledger

Koncheskey

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Vardy

Marshall

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the options to play 4-3-3 and we have the seven subs so frustration in the team won't be such a problem. However 4-3-3 means I think we should sign that defensive midfielder some people want(don't speak Babylon).

We could play.

Danns

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Nugent

Vardy

OR

Danns

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Vardy/Nugent

Knockaert

OR

*NEW DM*

Drinkwater

King

Marshall

Vardy/Nugent

Knockaert/Vardy

Simples

Not good chances, We get around the area and try pass it. They don't dare shoot. They create 2/3 real goal scoring opportunities a game this season

Not good chances? You think Vardys two today, Nugents 3 yard header. King being deflected over weren't good chances? Or the Nugent, Vardy, King and Dyer chances against Charlton.

Absolute clear and easy chances.

Not good chances, We get around the area and try pass it. They don't dare shoot. They create 2/3 real goal scoring opportunities a game this season

We had three cleared off the line today, I don't know how much more clean cut it can get.

Besides, even if what you say is true (it's not), how would playing 433 make the players not pass it in the area or shoot more often?

There's nothing wrong with our system, there's nothing wrong with our players. We need to start converting the masses of chances we're creating, simple as.

Archived