Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Believe!

We all agreed!

We all agree during last season that as a team we needed to purchase defenders, a defensive center mid, more wide players and something different up front, and a target man to replace howard.

So.........

NP bought in Morgan and De Laet as well as giving Liam Moore the chance due to injuries, and bringing in Whitbread to give experience to the side.

NP bought in drinkwater to control the midfield, as well as james, who our fans seem to underrate, as when james has played this season drinkwater has been very impressive, due to james's game which allows DD more time on the ball.

NP bought in Marshall and Knocky, who we have all been fairly impressed with so far.

NP bought in Vardy, who we have seen so much promise from so far, aswell as Futacs as the replacement for howard, who is still extremely young for a target man.

All of these signings by NP can either be considered as a positive, or have not yet been given enough time to prove themselves

(whitbread, futacs etc.).

So why do we want to sack a manager, who has built a squad who all agree is the best squad we have had in years?

NP said at times last season that there was something wrong within the club and that he needed to change it, and he has began that process. He needs time and this is a suitable time for the "Rome wasn't built in a day" cliche. Maybe NP wants to get rid of the likes of danns, St Ledger and beckford because he doesnt believe they offer what we want.

But he cannot completely overhaul the squad during one pre-season, and for now must keep them happy.

We all agree from what we have seen during the first 3 games of the season, and the signings we made over the summer, that improvement has been made.

Sometimes our fans expect a miracle, when in reality we have had 3-4 months to improve.

Apart from a minority I don't think most want NP to go, I'm annoyed, I'm moaning, I'm focusing on the negatives I can't deny that, but my problem is with the players, most notably the strikers and defence.

But negative comments usually overrule positives because it causes discussion and arguments.

Exactly you can't expect him to just instantly change a problematic squad, it takes time and I think we are heading in the right direction, good signings and shipping out the egos.

We have played some of the best football I have seen from a City side in a long time. Sure the results haven't been right but I see enough there to tell me that will change...

Great post!

anyone wanting to get rid of Pearson really does need a head examination, like the OP said, we were all calling out for exectly the type of players Pearson has bougt in, whilst clearing out the crap (and there was a lot of it).

Obviously results have not gone our way, but with abit of luck on our side we could be top of the league by now. I didn't go to Charlton or Blackburn so others may have a more knowledgable opinion than me, but from listening to the radio I can't remember two games where we have completely dominated majority of the game, if we are losing 1-0 at half time to Blackburn and Alan Young says more of the same for the second half, you know me must be doing something right!

We are playing attractive, attacking football which has been sparce around these parts for a while, we just need that bit of luck!!

Pearson inherited a mess, which he is trying to sort out. Getting rid of him would just pass the mess onto someone else and there would be yet another upheaval at the club as the new manager made yet more changes.

Good post!

I am a big Nigel Pearson Fan and truely believe that if he had not had a break from the club then we would be playing this season in the premiership. However, who knows! I hope the owners don't panic again, because a change would probably mean that the chances of reaching the playoffs would be slim. He has bought sensible signings and hopefully they can work better together as a team and start getting the results.

The important thing is that when we start winning games, that the wins continue consistantly. Reading had a dreadful start last season but then hit a great run. Three games tells us nothing and so anyone calling for the managers head is talking rubbish.

I see Blackpool being tricky as they have had a great start, but it will be great to see City's true colours after Tuesday night.

We all agree during last season that as a team we needed to purchase defenders, a defensive center mid, more wide players and something different up front, and a target man to replace howard.

So.........

NP bought in Morgan and De Laet as well as giving Liam Moore the chance due to injuries, and bringing in Whitbread to give experience to the side.

NP bought in drinkwater to control the midfield, as well as james, who our fans seem to underrate, as when james has played this season drinkwater has been very impressive, due to james's game which allows DD more time on the ball.

NP bought in Marshall and Knocky, who we have all been fairly impressed with so far.

NP bought in Vardy, who we have seen so much promise from so far, aswell as Futacs as the replacement for howard, who is still extremely young for a target man.

All of these signings by NP can either be considered as a positive, or have not yet been given enough time to prove themselves

(whitbread, futacs etc.).

So why do we want to sack a manager, who has built a squad who all agree is the best squad we have had in years?

NP said at times last season that there was something wrong within the club and that he needed to change it, and he has began that process. He needs time and this is a suitable time for the "Rome wasn't built in a day" cliche. Maybe NP wants to get rid of the likes of danns, St Ledger and beckford because he doesnt believe they offer what we want.

But he cannot completely overhaul the squad during one pre-season, and for now must keep them happy.

We all agree from what we have seen during the first 3 games of the season, and the signings we made over the summer, that improvement has been made.

Sometimes our fans expect a miracle, when in reality we have had 3-4 months to improve.

This! Good post!

I feel we are doing OK so far the 1st team has performed very well and unfortunate not to have more points. What seems to have upset fans this week is the fact that the 2nd eleven just couldn't get it together. So a bit more work for the reserves or change a couple of them so we have stronger reserves ready to step up when the need arises.

Apart from a minority I don't think most want NP to go, I'm annoyed, I'm moaning, I'm focusing on the negatives I can't deny that, but my problem is with the players, most notably the strikers and defence.

But negative comments usually overrule positives because it causes discussion and arguments.

If we all agreed, what would there be to discuss? :dunno:

I am aboard the Blackpool Bashing Bus!!!!

One more thing - I was gutted when we got rid of Holloway, and felt he was starting something. No one can deny how good a manager he is now.

Anyway, I was sceptical of NP, until I saw us play back to back cracking seasons under him. It would take more than three defeats for me to get on his back...

Pearson inherited a mess, which he is trying to sort out. Getting rid of him would just pass the mess onto someone else and there would be yet another upheaval at the club as the new manager made yet more changes.

Cant keep blaming previous manager, has been in the job long enough now, had a full pre season. Despite that the original post was great and I agree with the points made, I am actually really looking forward to the game tomorrow I think we will show the watching nation that we are a good side and stuff Blackpool 3-1.

So to summarise .....

We all agreed we needed some players.

Nigel bought in some players.

Why are there 20 new posts everyday trying to justify Pearson's position in such lame ways???

This is what worries me most - the "Here's another reason to keep Nige (despite results)" threads.

I am aboard the Blackpool Bashing Bus!!!!

One more thing - I was gutted when we got rid of Holloway, and felt he was starting something. No one can deny how good a manager he is now.

Anyway, I was sceptical of NP, until I saw us play back to back cracking seasons under him. It would take more than three defeats for me to get on his back...

I refuse to take your holloway comment seriously. What exactly had he started apart from the clubs demise?

Archived