Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Konchesky

Konch was our most consistent player of last season, without a doubt. Maybe he is not playing at his best at the moment but those of you that are writing him off already are just like spoilt kids who change their team from Man U to Chelsea to Man City depending on the last set of results.

Like Wellens, Konch is getting grief for giving the ball away but you have to look at the facts. I would say that 80% of the time we "play" the ball out of defence rather than lump it forward it is via Konch. Statistically, he must be the defender who has the most possession of the ball. As soon as we look to play the ball out ouf defence it is passed across to Konch because out of any back four we have had in the last 3/4 seasons he is the one that can turn defence into effective attack. NP knows this and this is the training ground plan that the team obviously work on. On Sunday this didn't work as Wolves had effectively done their homework (and until our other defenders can assist in play making other teams will follow suit). Peszko shut Konch down every time Konch had the ball and he so quite effectively. Lloyd also lost width drifting inside and Konch had little to aim at with our midfield that was being shut down quickly.

Like Wellens, Konch is a player that takes responsibility for getting the ball forward. These two are men that stand up and are counted unlike some that go awol (ie. Andy King last season). These two players have the balls to try and fail. Just like in life; you get those that will try, fail/succeed, and try again.........then you get those that do nothing and point the finger.

In addition, Konch's midfield cover comes from Dyer - need I say more? Start the match with Knockeart and you will see a big difference. Oh, and Konch also scored an amazing goal that totally put us back in the game. Did Nuge, the darling of the fans, manage that?

Nice post mate.

Unfortunately there is many people on here that always finds a scapegoat like we had with Wellens last season. Konch is currently in the firing line and he's not even been that bad!!!

Nice post mate.

Unfortunately there is many people on here that always finds a scapegoat like we had with Wellens last season. Konch is currently in the firing line and he's not even been that bad!!!

This is not true. He has been abysmal and a real weak link so far. He is responsible for 2 massive errors that have cost us dearly already this season and as good as he was last season needs to up his game. Not good enough for a man of his reputation and wages.

This is not true. He has been abysmal and a real weak link so far. He is responsible for 2 massive errors that have cost us dearly already this season and as good as he was last season needs to up his game. Not good enough for a man of his reputation and wages.

Whilst he's not been at his best, to say he's been abysmal is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Get off his back and support him, mr consistency from last season that hasnt started in top form but he doesnt become a bad player overnight

Whilst he's not been at his best, to say he's been abysmal is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!!!!

Get off his back and support him, mr consistency from last season that hasnt started in top form but he doesnt become a bad player overnight

He has been abysmal though. When you are paying a man 20 grand a week he needs to be and should be performing better than he has so far this season. It may not be his fault that we chose to give him that wage but while he is on it he should be performing far better than he is currently. A wonder goal on Sunday will not save him from deserved criticism.

And it is not about me being on his back. He needs to up his game. Simple as that and if he is half the player I think he is he will recognise this himself. He deserves praise if he is doing well but equally deserves criticism when under performing.

He has been abysmal though. When you are paying a man 20 grand a week he needs to be and should be performing better than he has so far this season. It may not be his fault that we chose to give him that wage but while he is on it he should be performing far better than he is currently. A wonder goal on Sunday will not save him from deserved criticism.

Clearly we'll have to agree to disagree. To call him abysmal is extremely harsh.

He was part of a defence thats kept 2 home clean sheets. Granted he could of done better with Blackburn's 1st goal and Wolves 1st goal but thats it. We have conceded 4 other goals. Whilst thats not great and im saying he's been below his best, i think your going over the top

De Laet? Morgan? Moore?

Regardless, I think we actually need a new defensive coach working with our boys.

De Laet? Morgan? Moore?

Regardless, I think we actually need a new defensive coach working with our boys.

Nobody seems to be picking up on the fact that De Laet has been at fault for at least a couple of goals also plus interestingly enough, he didnt play against Blackpool and we didnt concede.

I do like De laet but clearly better at going forward than defending

I think more than anything else, its encouraging that we haven't been picked apart at any point this season, as in, teams haven't ripped us a new one. Most of the goals conceded are of our own mistakes, the mistakes will stop with game time and gaining more experience. I don't think Konchesky is responsible for our poor defensive displays.

• 3 weeks later...

What was he doing?

There main set of fans were situated in the corner next to us on our left wing, Konchesky came forward for some reason or another and got an ear ful off a few idiots on the front row, so he put two fingers up on his left hand and made a zero shape with his right hand lol.

The whole stand went ****ing mad lol.

Archived