Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Club Statement on Ownership

http://www.lcfc.com/...hip-373405.aspx

King Power International becomes Leicester City’s direct owner.

Leicester City is delighted to announce that King Power International Company Limited (KPI), has taken direct ownership of the Football Club.

KPI is owned by the Raksriaksorn Family and is the parent and holding company of King Power Group of companies, ranked amongst the Top 10 duty free operators worldwide, and has received numerous global industry awards for its operations. The Group’s core businesses in Thailand include Airport and Airline retail shops, hotel, theatre, downtown Duty Free malls in Bangkok and Pattaya and sports.

Prior to this announcement, Leicester City had been wholly owned by the Raksriaksorn Family through Asia Football Investments (AFI), a Singapore-based company. Bringing Leicester City under the direct ownership of King Power International, the Raksriaksorn Family have underlined their long term commitment to Leicester City, its fans and its business partners to achieving lasting, sustainable success for Leicester City. There is no change in the Board or management of the Football Club.

The takeover has been fully approved by the Football League.

Commenting on the change of ownership, Leicester City Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn said: “This is all part of our plan to fund and deliver a programme of long-term, sustainable success for the Football Club. We are delighted to bring Leicester City directly under the ownership of King Power International, where it will be established as a core part of the group’s overall interests.

“The last two years have been an incredible experience and we firmly believe we have the key elements in place, both on and off the pitch, to take Leicester City back to the Premier League.

“I would like to personally thank the Leicester City fans and the people of Leicestershire for the amazing support they have already shown us in the early stages of our long-term vision for the Club, and look forward, together with the fans, to the season ahead and the long term success of the Club.â€

My thoughts exactly. Have the backers with the real money that the Raksriaksorns managed to convince to buy into Asian Football Investments lost patience and decided to pull out leaving the Rakriaksorns to go it alone? :ph34r:

Nothing like scaremongering.

My thoughts exactly. Have the backers with the real money that the Raksriaksorns managed to convince to buy into Asian Football Investments lost patience and decided to pull out leaving the Rakriaksorns to go it alone? :ph34r:

They already pulled out after that first 3/4qtrs of a season, the Thai's then too full control of 100% of AFI.

Now, this new change closes the door (or at least puts hurdles in place) of any new 3rd party interest or investment (basically loaning)

Shame for those that wanted the bank-rolling of the Sven era to continue, but good news for anyone interested in sustainability because quite frankly the Thai's don't have much money compared to many clubs in this division like Blackburn, Forest, Watford, Brighton, Bristol City etc & etc

From my understanding it means all financing is now underwritten by KPI as the club is now part of that company and all profit & loss will be on their books.. No more directors loans..

So basically when they lend us money it is theirs?, and we don't have to pay it back in the form of a loan.

All speculation of course...

But it does sound like the mystery non-raksriaksorn backer has pulled out. I wonder what now happens to afi, and whether we still owe them the 8% interest loans. Maybe top and vichai have cleared the afi debt before taking full control.

Either way, this means less money available, not more, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is in preparation to sell.

But it does sound like the mystery non-raksriaksorn backer has pulled out. I wonder what now happens to afi, and whether we still owe them the 8% interest loans. Maybe top and vichai have cleared the afi debt before taking full control.

Either way, this means less money available, not more, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is in preparation to sell.

I'll say it again, I'm sure he was bought out some time ago.

Preperation to sell?

What is this based on, who on earth would buy a team that is languishing in the second division and is hugely in debt (60m according to some posters on here)?

I'm sure they'll be some tax benefits in it somewhere.

Maybe they can use our losses to write down their overall profits and save tax that way?

I don't see this as a bad move though, I think it's good actually, shows they are still in it for the long haul.

I was once told that people in Asia think decades in advance when they make investments, where as us Westerners think at most years, or some on here, minutes. Seems to me that this might be true.

I'll say it again, I'm sure he was bought out some time ago.

Preperation to sell?

What is this based on, who on earth would buy a team that is languishing in the second division and is hugely in debt (60m according to some posters on here)?

He's just a doom and gloom merchant who hasn't got a clue what he's on about. He'll find the bad in everything to do with our owners and moan about it, but basically he's doesn't really know anything.

It doesn't mean less money, but he'll say that because it fits in with his doom and gloom outlook on our owners.

Archived