Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Club Statement on Ownership

Brilliant news hopefully this will silence the idiots who believed the club were being ripped off, will be very interesting to see how this will work with FFP

Im intrested to see how this works as well tbh. Does this now mean that we can spend what we like as it is the profits of king power as a whole that can be used for transfers, or are we still limited to money taken by the actual club?

I'll say it again, I'm sure he was bought out some time ago.

Preperation to sell?

What is this based on, who on earth would buy a team that is languishing in the second division and is hugely in debt (60m according to some posters on here)?

As I said, it's just speculation. Sounds to me like the other backer has pulled out, the Thai's have cleared the debt with afi and are now holding the club in a fresh wrapper in preparation to sell.

Im intrested to see how this works as well tbh. Does this now mean that we can spend what we like as it is the profits of king power as a whole that can be used for transfers, or are we still limited to money taken by the actual club?

I think that could well we be the case we aren't limited to FFP rules imo now due to new ownership.

He's just a doom and gloom merchant who hasn't got a clue what he's on about. He'll find the bad in everything to do with our owners and moan about it, but basically he's doesn't really know anything.

It doesn't mean less money, but he'll say that because it fits in with his doom and gloom outlook on our owners.

Don't know where you've got that idea from. I think I've been one of the most vocal supporters of the owners on the forum. They've been superb - a lot better than some of our fans deserve. I'm just commenting on what this development looks like to me.

Does appear whoever the investors or where the investment was coming from outside of KP has lost patience and gone.

It's an interesting development with a motive but we don't know what.

Anyone saying its great or it's a disaster is naive either way, none of us apart from those close to the owners know the real reason for it.

Is it wrong to be concerned? :unsure:

Only if you actually know of something to be concerned about, otherwise it is pointless worrying over nothing, these things happen in business all the time, normally for some tax reason, which is completely above board and legal. If anything it will bring more transparency of the ownership of the club.

Only if you actually know of something to be concerned about, otherwise it is pointless worrying over nothing, these things happen in business all the time, normally for some tax reason, which is completely above board and legal. If anything it will bring more transparency of the ownership of the club.

Surely anyone who looked at last years accounts would have some concern?

If the outcome will have a direct impact on you, then surely you have every right to be concerned about something, even if you don't actually know anything or there's nothing you can do about it. It's only natural to worry about these things to some extent.

Not necessarily

Wasn't it Iman Arif of Cronus Sports Management?

Asia Football Investments has taken sole ownership of npower Championship club Leicester.

The Thai-based consortium had owned 80% of the club but they have now purchased the remaining 20% from fellow shareholders Cronus Sports Management, who were fronted by Indonesian businessman Iman Arif.

Asia Football Investments completed their takeover of Leicester in October 2010.

The financial backing given to the club, which has seen Sven-Goran Eriksson appointed as manager and several Premier League stars arrive on loan at the Walkers Stadium this season, has come from the King Power Group headed by City chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn and vice-chairman Aiyawatt Raksriaksorn.

Aiyawatt has vowed to continue to plough money into the club in a bid to end its seven-year absence from the Premier League.

"We are very pleased to now own 100% of Leicester City Football Club," Aiyawatt said in a statement on the club's official website, lcfc.co.uk.

"This year has been a tremendous experience and everyone at the club is already putting the foundations in place for next season.

"I would like to thank the people of Leicester and Leicestershire for welcoming us into their club and for showing us their support.

"We promise to do all we can to improve the club, deliver success and achieve a return to the Premier League."

Or there never even was one rendering speculation pointless.

Probably right, but the wealth of Top's family isn't enough to keep progressing the club imo, I imagine the ownership change to another holding company will bring more money?

Probably right, but the wealth of Top's family isn't enough to keep progressing the club imo, I imagine the ownership change to another holding company will let us borrow more money?

Fixed.

Probably right, but the wealth of Top's family isn't enough to keep progressing the club imo, I imagine the ownership change to another holding company will bring more money?

What do you mean keep progressing?

FFP should and hopefully will mean people stop risking money chasing "the dream" / money. The club in several years time will hopefully run from it's own profits.

Archived