Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull Post Match

The forum again seems full of 'the most exciting team we've had in years' and 'the best player for ages' etc etc

I too felt that Sundays overall performance was THE best I'd seen in a very long time.

However, let's not get carried away people. Many of us have alluded to 'Fortress KP' saying that our home form will most likely be promotion standard.

However, the problem ain't at home, it's away... Three straight losses in fact.

If we go to Middlesborough on Sat and play well AND win, I will start to believe we can really do things this season.

No team will be near to promotion this season unless they can string together a run of straight wins, both home and away. Saturday may still be too soon for us to do this, but we need to see it before too long.

I'm not convinced as yet that we have an away form "problem" as such. Had the performances been of the kind Pearson has produced on occasions in the past when we travelled away and hardly created a chance I'd understand the concern but they're not.

We're attacking the games, creating chances aplenty and have come away disappointed because of our own poor finishing and, sometimes, the misfortune of bad refereeing decisions.

Our challenge is to continue believing in ourselves and in the football we're playing because I'd guess we've been one of the most consistently dangerous teams on our travels this season and it's only the emergence of anxiety that might hinder us in turning our good form into results.

What's more I think the team still has some improving to do and when that happens I don't think anyone will fancy their chances against us either home or away.

For once I believe the season is in our own hands and will be down to how much we want it, how well we're led and how keen the players are to get even more from themselves and each other.

Southampton showed the way with their positive play last season and, having done the double over them last season,

i think we've got a much more capable and resilient team this season...a team which will hopefully show the same commitment and application against the weaker teams as the stronger ones.

i really don't care who we play now nor whether it's home or away. I believe the outcome will depend on us. If we want to talk a monkey onto our backs we can do but I reason for it - or any sense. Psychologically I'd treat the away games as home games against Premiership sides - and see if we can't lift ourselves to that level with our own sense of purpose and dettermination.

We're good enough to relish every challenge.

Aren't we though? 4-2-3-1 is actually very similar to 4-4-2 with the advantage of having better link up between attacking and midfield, but the disadvantage being one less forward.

All you need to change 4-4-2 into 4-2-3-1 is the wide midfielders attack a lot (ours were Marshall and Vardy yesterday, which they did) and one of the forwards drop a bit from attack and link the midfield to attack (which Knockaert did).

I'd say it was very much 4-2-3-1, a system I enjoy watching Germany use a lot and I'd love to see us adopt it long-term, we'll be better off for it.

No we didn't. I'd say it was more 4-3-3 or even 4-2-1-2-1, it wasn't 4-2-3-1 because there was no outright attacking midfielder. I'll give Sven credit though there, we played some superb stuff.

Not sure what to say to that...... :dunno:

You are being serious are you not, really..... :|

Not sure what to say to that...... :dunno:

You are being serious are you not, really..... strong>ression.gif

It's true. Or can be if a 4-4-2 is played in a particular way. Advanced wingers, with one of the strikers dropping back gives you a wide 4-2-3-1. The wingers pushing on and becoming inside forwards gives you a narrower version of the 4-2-3-1. The starting positions aren't that important compared to the movement and changes of shape both in and out of possession. When in an attacking phase a 4-4-2 will often become a 4-2-3-1.

You have it the wrong way round, the numbers are not important, they are only a way of describing how a team is playing.

We do not have strong centre mids who can play box to box and control midfield, we do not have wide players who can get up and down the flank, and get in crosses and we do not have strikers who like to attack said crosses...... :frusty:

Ergo, we can not play 4-4-2...... :thumbup:

I'm not convinced as yet that we have an away form "problem" as such. Had the performances been of the kind Pearson has produced on occasions in the past when we travelled away and hardly created a chance I'd understand the concern but they're not.

We're attacking the games, creating chances aplenty and have come away disappointed because of our own poor finishing and, sometimes, the misfortune of bad refereeing decisions.

Our challenge is to continue believing in ourselves and in the football we're playing because I'd guess we've been one of the most consistently dangerous teams on our travels this season and it's only the emergence of anxiety that might hinder us in turning our good form into results.

What's more I think the team still has some improving to do and when that happens I don't think anyone will fancy their chances against us either home or away.

For once I believe the season is in our own hands and will be down to how much we want it, how well we're led and how keen the players are to get even more from themselves and each other.

Southampton showed the way with their positive play last season and, having done the double over them last season,

i think we've got a much more capable and resilient team this season...a team which will hopefully show the same commitment and application against the weaker teams as the stronger ones.

i really don't care who we play now nor whether it's home or away. I believe the outcome will depend on us. If we want to talk a monkey onto our backs we can do but I reason for it - or any sense. Psychologically I'd treat the away games as home games against Premiership sides - and see if we can't lift ourselves to that level with our own sense of purpose and dettermination.

We're good enough to relish every challenge.

Good post!

Archived