Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull Post Match

We played very well and deserved what we got. The gap between midfield and defence was closed and Marshall and Knockaert both seemed to play a bit more centrally (Knockaert more so) which gave us MORE options going forward. It's so refreshing to see us continue looking for goals after we've scored. Under god knows how many consecutive managers we have sat deep after taking the lead. It's a wonderful novelty to watch players who want to attack and who are comfortable on the ball from back to front.

We need to build on this and get some good results on the road now. If we do so I think we can consider ourselves contenders.

As an aside, how Vardy missed just after half time I'll never know. That said the linesman flagged for a corner so it must have hit somebody, but it looked like a miss from SK2. Somebody who had a better view will have to fill in the blank for me. I like Vardy, he gets in the right positions and moves well when out of possession. He needs to be a bit more composed but there is a lot of potential there.

We played very well and deserved what we got. The gap between midfield and defence was closed and Marshall and Knockaert both seemed to play a bit more centrally (Knockaert more so) which gave us MORE options going forward. It's so refreshing to see us continue looking for goals after we've scored. Under god knows how many consecutive managers we have sat deep after taking the lead. It's a wonderful novelty to watch players who want to attack and who are comfortable on the ball from back to front.

We need to build on this and get some good results on the road now. If we do so I think we can consider ourselves contenders.

As an aside, how Vardy missed just after half time I'll never know. That said the linesman flagged for a corner to it must have hit somebody, but it looked like a miss from SK2. Somebody who had a better view will have to fill in the blank for me. I like Vardy, he gets in the right positions and moves well when out of possession. He needs to be a bit more composed but there is a lot of potential there.

Smashed it into the keepers face I think.

There is not a chance in Hell I would drop Vardy at the moment. What's the adage? 'You have to be there to miss em?'

Vardy is getting into some great positions and I think it's just a matter of time before he starts taking the chances. I'd be amazed if Nige drops him.

This strike force look so much better than last season.

A fantastic start we could easily have been 2-0 up, we then went of the pace for a bit and let Koren on the ball far to much. We then got our act together pressed them and didn't let them play.

The second half we dominated and apart from the header of the line they never looked like scoring, Nugent looked like he could of scored 4/5 today and with knockaert given a license we were always a threat.

Hope we keep playing this formation away from home don't think many can play as quick counter attacking play as us, up the city.

Look at Nige's face LOVE IT! lol

I absolutely love this photo! Nige takes football so personally and you can just see him loving it!

I would be just the same in his position. Look at Bruce getting all high rate, just pure satisfaction for so many reasons!

Awesome today,the negs are pretty quiet :P My thoughts De Laet and James played better than wednesday good to see,knocky is a little gem, Vardy will definitely click and he's doing all the right things another day the shot that clipped goaliies shoulder would've been an inch higher and in etc etc. Nuge hattrick quality and you have to give himman of the match to me Drinky not far behind he was involved in everything and made us tick. Quality TEAM performance could of had 5 and NP got it right!!! said all along patience and more than 3 or 4 games this team will get better. I am fully confident we wil be in the mix at the end of the season. C'mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :chant::D:trumpet::scarf:

I absolutely love this photo! Nige takes football so personally and you can just see him loving it!

I would be just the same in his position. Look at Bruce getting all high rate, just pure satisfaction for so many reasons!

yep he knows hes got it in the bag. brilliant! that smurk is legendary.

There is not a chance in Hell I would drop Vardy at the moment. What's the adage? 'You have to be there to miss em?'

Vardy is getting into some great positions and I think it's just a matter of time before he starts taking the chances. I'd be amazed if Nige drops him.

My sentiments too Col as I posted without reading yours :D are there actually people suggesting dropping him then? :blush: Can't be arsed to read as any negative stuff after todays great performance would be incredulous :chant:

Three goals to boost our goal difference, Nugent's accomplished hat-trick, generally enterprising ground-floor football, chances galore and very little to complain about - and people talk about ditching the manager! lol

Our unbeaten home record has kept us in touch with the league's pacemakers and will surely have improved our confidence and self-belief although i've never seen any great reason why it should have been lacking.

Results do go wrong sometimes but I saw little wrong with most of the football any more than I saw much wrong with our strike force despite the much mentioned missed chances.

The fact is we're creating excellent chances against everyone - including several of the top teams - and today we made one of those pacemakers look ordinary.

I was particularly pleased for "Did Nothing" Dyer who, once again, laid on a perfect pass for Nugent who, this time gobbled the chance up to round off a three-pronged breakaway including Waghorn that amounted to the perfect counter-attack.

There are signs of these Dyer-led breakaways becoming a potent weapon in City's armoury. I've never considered that Dyer has actually been dropped, just that Pearson has decided to use him in a different way - and a clever ploy it is too.

What pleased me most now is that we're passing the ball. There are times I'd like us to do it quicker - particularly when Knockaert gets it in no man's land and when his mistakes put so many players out of the game.

And such was our ability that there were times I wondered if we could keep the ball indefinitely and that's the sign of a team functioning in the real sense of the word.

And that's the main achievement of Pearson so far - he's got capable but different talents functioning as a unit.

And how different the reaction of Dyer to the likes of Beckford or Danns. Dyer had given his all and been dangerous all season but he shouldered any disappointment in being re-deployed to the bench by saying nothing, continuing to give everything and letting his football speak for itself.

I don't see that either Marshall or Knockaert are playing better than Dyer but I do see that the team is getting better results and that both Knockaert and Dyer seem to having an increased impact. So well done the boss.

Another aspect that impressed me today was Konchesky's contribution. How easily our fans forget the good games he's had and today, after one or two disappointing games, he looked closer to his best and made a nonsense of people flippantly saying we should get rid and use someone like the emerging Schlupp.

Schlupp shows promise as a left-back and should perhaps be given chance to develop that promise but the way to do that is not by ditching an experienced and reasonably capable left-back. It is by keeping him involved as and when the chance arises while schooling him properly on the training ground.

Anyway, well done City, well done Pearson and let's carry on in the same vein at Middlesbrough.

Couldn't agree more. The very suggestion of dropping Vardy is ridiculous. He and Nugent are developing an excellent partnership that no opponent would be wise to ignore. The beauty is that while defenders are watching them others are also creating chances in different ways and once they too start chipping in with goals we'll be very difficult to stop scoring.

Evening all, wretched drive back in the rain, barely been back half an hour.

Very much better but still, for me, very much a work in progress. I promised to take Mrs M out for a beer or two, so my considered opinion when I get back from the Pub..... :thumbup:

Couldn't agree more. The very suggestion of dropping Vardy is ridiculous. He and Nugent are developing an excellent partnership that no opponent would be wise to ignore. The beauty is that while defenders are watching them others are also creating chances in different ways and once they too start chipping in with goals we'll be very difficult to stop scoring.

Completely agree, all about options Thracian and we have got them now :chant:

Posted this in the Matty James thread but worth mentioning here as they really impressed me today..

Drinky and James might not be the flashiest or the most physical but these two boys know how to keep the ball. I thought our ball retention was excellent today and it was in no small part down to the tidy work these two were doing in the middle of the park.

Why do I get the impression Knockaert has gone on Thracians black list? Been very loathe to praise him so far despite most opinions to the contrary. As much as I see the value in Lloyd (deserves much more respect than he gets on here) it would have been criminal to misplace his 'perfect' pass. Knockaert mugging his full back and delivering a perfect cross off the wrong foot was a much tougher assist and helped reestablish our lead at a perfect time. Of course he has his faults, but it's so refreshing to see a talent who can take It to the opposition and provide moments of unexpected excitement, thought he'd be right up your street.

Very good result, and lovely to stuff the increasingly mouthy Dull contingent. Just hope we can translate this to picking up some away points.

Archived