Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reynard Bleu

Its seems such a long time......

...since were 2nd in the division and on the back of 4 straight wins. I truly can't remember the last time we were in such a position. I'm sure someone will tell me it wasnt long ago, but its just seems so long since things have felt so positive. Was it the MA promotion season or am I going back too far?

Some bright spark will probably come up with the answer but I'm with ya... The important thing is that it FEELS such a long time since we were in this lofty position.

And it feels great!

It is true that when your football team is playing well it puts a smile on your face.

It's a good feeling to have & it's been a long time coming. I usually have an optimistic approach to most games, but this has been a blind optimism for quite a few years..........but that is now genuine optimism.

Our approach this year reminds me of how Southampton played last year. I obviously don't know much about Southampton, but I always had the feeling that they approached every game the same........that attack was the best form of defence. They played with pace & had a Lallana who played his own game & was difficult to contain. We seem to be taking a similar approach & we have Knocky as our free-role player with a much needed touch of class. Southampton went for the win in every game & they were promoted reasonably comfortably.

Although I like NP, I never expected him to be anything other than steady. I am pleased to be proved wrong!!!

Some bright spark will probably come up with the answer but I'm with ya... The important thing is that it FEELS such a long time since we were in this lofty position.

And it feels great!

It is true that when your football team is playing well it puts a smile on your face.

Well said Col, I've grinning like a cheshire cat all morning! I bet Pearson has too, this run has gone a long way towards vindicating everything he's done over the summer - the players he's brought in, the players he's shipped out, the new style he's employed... We've just got to keep it up now. The 100% home record is important, I'd be happy with 4pts (although 6 would be magnificent!) from the next 2 home games and I'd take a point away at Brum too, the main thing is staying unbeaten and keeping this unbeaten run going as long as possible.

It was on Foxbloggers twitter, that the last time we were 2nd was around October 2009, around 1000 days ago, or something stupid!

I'm sure we were 3rd or 4th after that win at QPR? West Brom and Newcastle had both made ridiculous starts to that season.

If we could still be in the top 2 after 15 games that would be fine, in our playoff season we didn't have the quality in the squad to maintain that automatic promotion form throughout the whole season our squad now is 10 fold what it was back then and the quality of the outstanding teams as it were in Newcastle and WBA aren't the same now, it is very much evenly spread.

Well said Col, I've grinning like a cheshire cat all morning! I bet Pearson has too, this run has gone a long way towards vindicating everything he's done over the summer - the players he's brought in, the players he's shipped out, the new style he's employed... We've just got to keep it up now. The 100% home record is important, I'd be happy with 4pts (although 6 would be magnificent!) from the next 2 home games and I'd take a point away at Brum too, the main thing is staying unbeaten and keeping this unbeaten run going as long as possible.

:thumbup:

Wolves lost last night, so it's just us and Cardiff now who haven't lost any at home.

Lets keep it that way, keep picking up a few away wins and who knows where this could end!!

No, we were joint top after that win, with 27 points, although the other sides around us won their matches after that.

http://www.statto.co...able/2009-10-30

The table after the QPR match.

We played QPR on the Friday night, we were the only ones to play, so it's not a true picture to say we were second after 15 games.

It's true that we did go second that night, but here is the table after that weekends fixtures were complete:

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/snapshot_tables/2009_2010/02/nov/leicester_city/index.shtml

We were 4th. We could drop to 3rd tonight if Blackburn have a good win, so until tonight's games are complete we are not really second either I suppose.

I'd like to know when we were last 2nd after everyone had all played the same number of games if anyone knows? I suspect it would be the Micky Adams season? That's why it feels so long, not because of the QPR game.

Win on Saturday and I really will believe we can finish in the top 2, come on!

Archived