Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Zak Whitbread

For me he was superb yesterday.

His performance was even more impressive given his lack of game time recently.

I predict he will form a partnership with Big Wes that will see us have one of the best defences in the Championship.

Made a potentially damaging error which he then repeated but apart from that, and I mentioned it at the time I thought he was very good, comfortable on the ball, powerful 'directed' headers and capable of a decent pass but also knew when to get shot of the ball.

I actually thought he looked an accomplished player in the Burton horror show until he made a big error and seem to lose his composure, let's hope that was just debut nerves and a lack of games.

Made a potentially damaging error which he then repeated but apart from that, and I mentioned it at the time I thought he was very good, comfortable on the ball, powerful 'directed' headers and capable of a decent pass but also knew when to get shot of the ball.

I actually thought he looked an accomplished player in the Burton horror show until he made a big error and seem to lose his composure, let's hope that was just debut nerves and a lack of games.

I agree, he was good against Burton apart from the error.

I also agree and like the fact that his distribution from the back is good.

For me he was superb yesterday.

His performance was even more impressive given his lack of game time recently.

I predict he will form a partnership with Big Wes that will see us have one of the best defences in the Championship.

I don't say you're wrong because the bloke looked a proper footballer for most of the time yesterday. But, for all his obvious quality, I've seen him play three times and on every occasion he either gifted, or very nearly gifted, the opposition a goal.

I have to agree, think him, Wes and Konch will make a formidable defence (still not sure about de laet).

With SSL in back up, i think we've got pretty decent centre half combinations.

That's a bit disrespectful to SSL, who was part of the defence that went on our recent good run.

Can't see SSL being happy as back up so it will be interesting to see if NP now bombs him out like he did with Becks and Danns.

After all NP has a habit of keep playing his signings come what may so we could find ourselves without a proven international CB come Jan.

The last thing we need if we are to push for promotion.

That's a bit disrespectful to SSL, who was part of the defence that went on our recent good run.

Can't see SSL being happy as back up so it will be interesting to see if NP now bombs him out like he did with Becks and Danns.

After all NP has a habit of keep playing his signings come what may so we could find ourselves without a proven international CB come Jan.

I didn't mean that to be disrespectful. I just meant that because he's out for 4 weeks he will likely be in back up for the time being.

With rotation, he will more than likely get his fair share of games. I do really rate him, and I think the three of them provide a very stable basis for the rest of the team.

ZW had to wait sooooo patiently for his chance. SSL may well have to do the same to get back in. I think players are less inclined to react badly if they see the same criteria being applied consistently ..... and NP does that very well indeed. If you are playing well, you keep the shirt. I also think that if agents are savvy, (and they are), then players may well be thinking about promotion bonuses and less inclined to want to abandon ship if they aren't starting automatically.

I don't say you're wrong because the bloke looked a proper footballer for most of the time yesterday. But, for all his obvious quality, I've seen him play three times and on every occasion he either gifted, or very nearly gifted, the opposition a goal.

Probably a bit of rustiness to be fair. If his general game appears to be of a decent quality it's probably worth giving him the benefit of the doubt.

He does look like he has a mistake in him, but he also looks composed and in control most of the time.

Playing next to Morgan will help. When St Ledger is back we've got three very competent and capable centre-backs.

I didn't mean that to be disrespectful. I just meant that because he's out for 4 weeks he will likely be in back up for the time being.

With rotation, he will more than likely get his fair share of games. I do really rate him, and I think the three of them provide a very stable basis for the rest of the team.

Point taken but didn't NP say that he expects Zak to play every game once he's fit?

I don't think bonus's are a major factor with SSL I think he's the type who just wants to play, plus he needs regular football to keep his place in the Ireland team.

If we keep winning then everything will be fine but should we lose a few and NP sticks with the same players as he did at Wolves when he opted to play Moore instead of playing SSL.

Then there could be problems.

Look what happened there?

I just hope things we can continue in the automatic places and that NP handle the squad wisely.

St Ledger has been absolutely excellent until he got injured again, very consistent, given MOTM on here against Middlesbrough, and all other games he was fantastic.

Whitbread is a very good defender, and given game time he will only grow and grow.

Morgan, Whitbread and St Ledger are three fantastic options.

He has made a couple of errors, however he is gaining match fitness and acclimatising to the team.I think overall he looks powerful/ imposing, solid and assured on the ball. Like what I see and think him & Captain Morgan will be immense a la Elliott Taggart Walsh :D

Archived