Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Daughters of Davis ear mauling at Yesterdays Game

I got in the ground early yesterday at about 2pm, after a pie and a drink the next thing i know my ear drums were assaulted in a manner I'd never experienced before.

For 40 minutes the 'Daughters of Davis' screeched and screamed there way through a selection of god awful cover versions that after 20 minutes had me reaching for the paracetamol.

Even the local Stewards were begging for it to end.

After near on 3/4 of and hour of what can only be described as Audible Hell the cows announced they'd be back at half time, and they were good to their word sending shrills though my body for a further 10 harrowing minutes.

I had hoped the fat bungle playing the chip it game on the pitch would spend the whole break deliberating whether or not to gamble his pair of 'VIP' tickets for next season in League 1, however the coward bottled it and left us to the horrific thought of even more songs from Satan's Songsters.

If you even come across this pair... RUN! Or order two hot dogs from the food stall and jam them into your ears and avoid what will be a painful experience.

https://www.facebook.com/daughtersofdavis

If like me you were not impressed you can register your disgust on their Facebook page.

My favourite quote off their facebook page:

Can I just say that you singing yesterday caused my son distress and me physical pain. I'm not sure if your employment was a ploy by brum to cause us Foxes fans to be tortured prior to the match but if that is the case it worked like a charm.

My favourite quote off their facebook page:

Can I just say that you singing yesterday caused my son distress and me physical pain. I'm not sure if your employment was a ploy by brum to cause us Foxes fans to be tortured prior to the match but if that is the case it worked like a charm.

Wonder who wrote that?! :whistle:

I felt sorry for them actually.

The speakers can't have been great at an old ground like that.

They must have some talent to have got asked to play in the first place. Although that doesn't change the fact that I walked off to avoid having to listen to any more of it. Genuinely painful.

Just listened to that video, theres no real excuse, it was absolutely terrible, she has been eating too many of them 6p mushy peas she posted on their FB page. OP i would get a claim in right away with Injury lawyers for you, its likely you and your sons ears have permanent damage!

I liked them.

And how refreshing to see female singers who don't seem to care about the PR side of things and the need to conform to the stereotype of being good looking or sexy.

That blonde one can play the guitar too. You can see her doing it on the video.

:blush:

It's not the Daughters of Davis' music that's the most frightening thing about this--it's that an actual, real, live person that gets paid money to make decisions about things thought, "This will go over well among Birmingham City fans," and booked them to play St. Andrew's.

It's not the Daughters of Davis' music that's the most frightening thing about this--it's that an actual, real, live person that gets paid money to make decisions about things thought, "This will go over well among Birmingham City fans," and booked them to play St. Andrew's.

They probably went two's up on the pa announcer, he was defending them against the boos despite looking like he's been in a giant washing machine.

I liked them.

And how refreshing to see female singers who don't seem to care about the PR side of things and the need to conform to the stereotype of being good looking or sexy.

That blonde one can play the guitar too. You can see her doing it on the video.

:blush:

I'll second you there. I like stuff that sounds a little different.

Archived