Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
savillefoxes

Right back?

Are you happy with De Laet or would you like to see Liam Moore fill the spot ?

I would go for Moore. De Laet for me get's turned to easy and is out of position to many times for my liking. And with Brighton being a good fast footballing side i am a bit worried.

Moore for me didnt deserve to be dropped from the side and he has played well at right back before.

What do you lot think?

Are you happy with De Laet or would you like to see Liam Moore fill the spot ?

I would go for Moore. De Laet for me get's turned to easy and is out of position to many times for liking. And with Brighton being a good fast footballing side i am a bit worried.

Moore for me didnt deserve to be dropped from the side and he has played well at right back before.

What do you lot think?

This all depends what you want from your right back AND the style of play you adopt.

If you want a RB who can attack with pace, get forward to supplement the attacking play and provide an outlet, RDL is your man.

If you wish your RB to be strong, solid and primarily defensive minded, sticking to position and not sometimes leaving us exposed, then Moore is your man.

IMO.

im confident with either one.

Me too, so long as they get some cover, preferably from our central midfielders....... :thumbup:

King's excellent covering of De Laet on saturday was good to see, De Laet driving forward on the flank is a good attacking option and would fit in well should we finally move away from our current formation...... ;)

This all depends what you want from your right back AND the style of play you adopt.

If you want a RB who can attack with pace, get forward to supplement the attacking play and provide an outlet, RDL is your man.

If you wish your RB to be strong, solid and primarily defensive minded, sticking to position and not sometimes leaving us exposed, then Moore is your man.

IMO.

Spot on Col :appl:

Col is right too........ :thumbup:

Use your players in the role that most suits them, ie.....

De Laet offers a lot going forward, so cover behind him and let him go, particularly effective as we often have no one on the right further forward, or.......

Play the more defensively solid Moore and let your central midfielders get further forward.

The trick, as always is to get the balance right..... :)

I agree with Col as I said.

De Laet looks very good in an attacking sense, but defensive wise he isn't that strong and can get caught out of position a lot, sometimes he stands his ground and makes some cracking tackles, while sometimes he is very rash.

Moore is more stable, capable of getting forward but defensively he has looked much better, kept Tom Ince and Albert Adomah very quiet in our home games against Blackpool and Bristol C.

Prefer Moore, and I always will I think, never been a big fan of De Laet as I've mentioned in the past, but if he can become a more steady defender I wouldn't mind him at all.

IMO.

This. I don't mind De Laet at home when the onus is on us to attack but i'd prefer Moore away

Strange how people say De Laet isnt the best defensively but didnt that article before the break say we hadn't conceded from the right yet

That meant the attack didn't originate down our right, however, remember Blackburns second and how poorly De Laet defended that? He's been caught out of position loads of times and we've been lucky not to concede from it like last season with Peltier. It's only a matter of time though

I expressed my views - which remain unchanged - on 20.9.12 when I started a similar thread:

It’s perhaps an old fashioned view but I believe that a full back’s main attribute should be his defending ability.

RDL has regularly shown he’s very good attacking down the right flank, but defensively he is often unsure. His positioning can be very poor leading to opportunities for the opposition – Wolves 2nd goal was partly his fault.

We all know Gareth Bale started as a full back, but now plays further forward to great effect. I think Glen Johnson would be better in midfield (although at last he does seem better defensively).

Perhaps RDL’s best position would be midfield, where he could develop his attacking abilities. I realise that would leave us short of cover at RB, so may be unlikely short term (unless Moore or Schlupp is played there.)

I’d be interested to see other views.

I'm reasonably confident of both players but De Laet suits our style best and Moore still has a lot of improving to do. Moore's great value at the moment is being able to provide sound cover for two positions.

De Laet is a much better attacker and that's what's making the difference for us this season - getting forward, passing the ball quickly, and scoring goals.

I don't want to see us go all defensive away from home - it's been one of the curses of our approach for quite long enough until this season.

We weren't defensive at Birmingham, Blackburn or Crystal Palace, we just didn't make our attacking pay dividends. But at other times we did and those vital three points for victories are one of the reasons we sit top of the league.

My only worry with Moore - and, indeed with Schlupp - is their increasing lack of game time. But with the team being so successful they've just got to discipline themselves to stay sharp and to be at their best when they are needed.

Archived