Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Home Atmopshere vs Brighton

The away support is very good in my opinion in terms of singing and atmosphere. But me and a couple of friends have seen that the King Power is too quiet, it has definitely improved this season. But as we are loud away from home the majority of the time, I was thinking why can't we be loud at home too. We have the numbers, we just need a few ideas. I've gone to Upton Park and Elland Road. Both real football grounds, and they both have a pre-match song which they sing really loud and passionately, (Marching on Together, and Blowing Bubbles) We have 'When Your Smiling' I don't mind it, but I don't hate it. At the next home match in L1, and K1 can everyone stand and sing 'WYS' at about 2:55 before the match quite slowly, because at the moment you can hear it but people who want to join in don't really know the words to it. :dunno: You may think I'm a complete twat, but I go to the Football to support my local team and sing my heart out, and it disappoints me that I spend a lot of money buying a season ticket year upon year yet the atmosphere is too quiet. Would be much appreciated if all of L1 and K1 sing 'When your Smiling' before the game against Brighton really slowly, and if it is sung a few times, I have a feeling that everybody else around will join in.

Thanks a lot! Furthermore, if were top of the league, then surely it will mean if the home atmosphere is picking up then the crowds will do too. As the people who cannot afford season tickets will be tempted back as the atmosphere will have improved. Just an idea or two!

Another idea is us singing 'BLUE ARMY' with Jobber banging the drum! Like the video below!

GO TO 0:45

One of these ideas above would be great to use vs Brighton on Tuesday!

What do you think?

Thanks! :scarf:

Do agree that we should somehow incorporate WYS. After all its supposed to be our club anthem! would be good if they played the tune to it just before KO so then everybody sings along, like bubbles and MOT as you mentioned.

However i honestly dont see the club doing this. It seems as though the people high up just dont have a clue about football and are not at all in touch with the fans. They dont know the difference between running a business and running a football club......the i love you scarves..meh.

but if we could do something im all for it and i think it would be great if we got it going.

WYS

Maybe we could ask Jersey Budd to record a version that totally ruins it.....................oh wait.

I really love WYS, the days of 35k doing it at play-off finals really used to send a tingle down my spine. If we could get Kasabian involved with the fans to record a decent version that we could then present to the club to play before kick-off.

I like the fact that there seems to be a general feeling we can do and seem willing to do more to help the atmosphere at home is a positive thing. But actually doing it is another.

Do agree that we should somehow incorporate WYS. After all its supposed to be our club anthem! would be good if they played the tune to it just before KO so then everybody sings along, like bubbles and MOT as you mentioned.

However i honestly dont see the club doing this. It seems as though the people high up just dont have a clue about football and are not at all in touch with the fans. They dont know the difference between running a business and running a football club......the i love you scarves..meh.

but if we could do something im all for it and i think it would be great if we got it going.

WYS

Yeah definitely, thanks mate!

Maybe we could ask Jersey Budd to record a version that totally ruins it.....................oh wait.

I really love WYS, the days of 35k doing it at play-off finals really used to send a tingle down my spine. If we could get Kasabian involved with the fans to record a decent version that we could then present to the club to play before kick-off.

I like the fact that there seems to be a general feeling we can do and seem willing to do more to help the atmosphere at home is a positive thing. But actually doing it is another.

Absolutely, much better than the rubbish pop music we play before the game!

WYS

Agreed. We have this thread every few months and though I totally agree with the OP, it's trying to get blood out of a stone I'm afraid. Our own fans (mainly the young chavs which seem to make up a high percentage of our vocal support) would rather actually sing I'm forever blowing bubbles than When You're Smiling, quite literally if you were at the Millwall game last season (seriously, even our own fans are out of touch with our own culture these days).

They have played WYS before the teams come out (I've not noticed it this season) but the problem is it's that terrible Jersey Budd version. The old versions (Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong) are the right tune and pace, but are a little bit too downbeat.

I'd like us to record a new version, maybe get Englebert or someone to do it, get him to sing it in the old tune in the right tone and at the right pace, but maybe with a bit more inspiring music.

Honestly, when I imagine a couple of thousand passionately singing WYS in the old tune version, it's the best anthem in the country. Its just sad this dream will probably never become a reality.

It's hard to explain how I think it should sound with people but listen to these and see if you can use your imagination:

We could ask Jobber if he could bang his drum to the beat of 'Blue Army' as the players come out! If everyone knew what was happening before the match then I reckon we could really make some atmosphere!

I have a feeling you may just shoot yourself in the foot with this, a lot of supporters don't like the blue army tag as it's something the Mercury started.

I love Kasabian but I dread to think what their version would sound like! Just not the right sound.

Good idea to get the fans involved though, the artist could sing one verse and then the fans do another.

Agreed. We have this thread every few months and though I totally agree with the OP, it's trying to get blood out of a stone I'm afraid. Our own fans (mainly the young chavs which seem to make up a high percentage of our vocal support) would rather actually sing I'm forever blowing bubbles than When You're Smiling, quite literally if you were at the Millwall game last season (seriously, even our own fans are out of touch with our own culture these days).

They have played WYS before the teams come out (I've not noticed it this season) but the problem is it's that terrible Jersey Budd version. The old versions (Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong) are the right tune and pace, but are a little bit too downbeat.

I'd like us to record a new version, maybe get Englebert or someone to do it, get him to sing it in the old tune in the right tone and at the right pace, but maybe with a bit more inspiring music.

Honestly, when I imagine a couple of thousand passionately singing WYS in the old tune version, it's the best anthem in the country. Its just sad this dream will probably never become a reality.

It's hard to explain how I think it should sound with people but listen to these and see if you can use your imagination:

Absolutely, when I went to Millwall too many young fans were trying to sing I'm forever blowing bubbles', I know many of L and K1 will read this, but it would be great if we could sing 'WYS' at a slow pace before the Brighton game!

I have a feeling you may just shoot yourself in the foot with this, a lot of supporters don't like the blue army tag as it's something the Mercury started.

We used to sing it a lot in the 90s though, one of the first chants I remember and when a lot of people do it sounds pretty good, one of those more intimidating ones. Still here fans chanting in now and again but usually walking to/from the ground.

Blue army would be easy to sing, Jobber could bang the drum, and everyone would know the words so I'm sure we could sing that before every home game with ease. Just need Jobber to know about it, has Jobber got twitter? If he has could someone tweet him about it, as I haven't got twitter!

The atmosphere in that Portsmouth v Southampton video is intense! It won't be as good as that for a normal game at the King Power.

Having said that, I was at the Blackpool and Bristol games and it was much better than what I remember compared other home games I've attended over the years. Our home support is getting better.

I applaud you all for doing what you can to try and improve the atmosphere at the games, but at the end of the day a lot of fans are quite happy to go to matches, but don't want to sing - as crazy as it sounds some people just go to watch the football! Whenever I go to away games I always sing becuase everyone's singing and I really get into the atmosphere, but at home games I sit in the East Stand next to my Grandad and a load of other older supporters. Do you think any of them want to be on their feet singing for 90 minutes?

It'll always be better away from home than at the King Power because away supporters are usually the types who are more likely to sing. At home games the majority of people will either not want to join in the singing, or won't because they're in a part of the ground where no-one else sings.The majority of the East, West and Family stand won't really sing, the Kop hardly sings anymore for whatever reason, which leaves you with L1 and that's about it. It's just one of those things and I don't really think much can be done to change it.

I applaud you all for doing what you can to try and improve the atmosphere at the games, but at the end of the day a lot of fans are quite happy to go to matches, but don't want to sing - as crazy as it sounds some people just go to watch the football! Whenever I go to away games I always sing becuase everyone's singing and I really get into the atmosphere, but at home games I sit in the East Stand next to my Grandad and a load of other older supporters. Do you think any of them want to be on their feet singing for 90 minutes?

It'll always be better away from home than at the King Power because away supporters are usually the types who are more likely to sing. At home games the majority of people will either not want to join in the singing, or won't because they're in a part of the ground where no-one else sings.The majority of the East, West and Family stand won't really sing, the Kop hardly sings anymore for whatever reason, which leaves you with L1 and that's about it. It's just one of those things and I don't really think much can be done to change it.

Yeah, definitely. Just thinking of ways that could possibly improve it. Palace improved their atmosphere at Selhurst Park with the Ultras, why can't we do the same? Hopefully tomorrow all of L and K can sing a song repetitively for a while and that'll hopefully mean some more will join in.

We have our good and bad days, been to numerous games at home where the atmosphere's been terrific, for big crowds, small crowds, local derbies and 'meaningless' games. We just need to work on being more consistent. The problem is not that we don't have enough singers to create an atmosphere, it's that too often a percehtage of people that stand aren't up for it, when on other days they would be.

Agree there isn't much that can be done, hopefully there will be a natural progression in atmosphere as the team starts performing better. There are things we can do though, namely not sticking to about 3 chants which are all just fads. We need to sing our more traditional songs as well, you don't here certain ones as much as you used to.

To get people involved in the atmosphere we need to try and make sure it's not boring. When I'm down there I get involved in the singing but if we keep singing the same thing over and over again it just starts getting annoying and I'm a bit embarrassed we seem afraid to try other chants because we think people won't join in. You only need small nuber singing a variety of songs passionately and that tends to get the less enthusiastic and maybe more self-conscious people to join in.

Archived