Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Home Atmopshere vs Brighton

At least they fookin try! The K/L block is the only atmosphere we have got. Yes, atmosphere is different nowadays, but we are at a modern stadium now where it is much more difficult to generate atmosphere than Filbert Street. I'm sure everyone wants the atmosphere to improve but it is harder than you think! Anyway well done lads, we're top of the league!

No don't blame the ground. And no they don't try that's the point.

One word 'Drum' you only sing when he bangs it. The reason why the atmosphere has diminished over the past 6 or 7 years 'Drum'. Everyone is waiting for him to bang his bloody drum. L block you are an absolute embarrassment . At boro a couple of weeks ago there were 20 boro lads singing their little hearts out the whole game they made more noise than 25000 today. Yes I know football fans are not what they used to be and yes I know many years ago we were considered some of the noisiest fans in the country but tonight showed that we are an absolute joke when it comes to noise. May be the digital age teens and 20somethings vent their passion for their club on forums now.

Mind you, you cant be to opinionated because they take your threads off.

Get rid of the bloody drum, the big drummer boy with his own special place provided by the club and his own little drum sticks and sing a song or 2

I am 41 now and I think it's fair to say most of you will disagree with me because (1) you are thick (2) you are too young to know what a good atmosphere is (3) you have no passion for anything other than your x box (4) you were probably playing with your phone during the game checking out champions league result (yes you know it)

By the way, well done the 11 players on the pitch a workmanlike performance today after Saturday's flair.

lol:thumbup:

Most of our singers are youngsters (mostly chavs) now, and as I've said recently, it's like they are trying to make up a whole new song book, and so far they've only got about three songs, then they've ran out of ideas and give up. You could see it was slowly becoming the case last season.

We need more of the older lot to show them how it's done.

Yeh because that's what I said. Funny that Thrac's post appealed to you so much considering his was more defeatist than mine.

We can try and improve the atmosphere but trying to move people from the East Stand to the Kop is not the way to do it. I understand their reasons for doing it, but that was never going to work when the Fosse Boys did it that way (they were in the corner between the Kop and the East Stand if you remember). They just didn't have the numbers. If you think you're going to get 100+ (and it would have to be far more than that) to move over there you've got another thing coming.

The best way to realistically improve the atmosphere is for people to get pissed and just start singing. If enough people just put the physical effort in to sing a variety of songs all this organised stuff isn't necessary.

A fans group not affiliated with the club is a good idea, but its not going to change the atmosphere. That would be more useful for protests and complaints about the way certain types of fans (namely the ones who want an atmosphere) are being treated. If these fans can get some influence, maybe in time some important things could change.

If only we could get a spokesperson or someone high up in the club who spoke for the real supporters - someone who believed in creating an atmosphere, bringing back safe-standing etc, I think that is the best thing that could happen to the club.

I liked Thracian's post because I thought it was a good summary of what going to watch football has become in this country.

I didn't particularly enjoy your initial post (although I admit being stuck on a train made my response petty) because the idea that we should give up on the Kop is baffling. Its behind a goal, its cheaper than the East, it has more space for casuals to gather etc. Writing it off would be very sad and would completely kill any lingering hope of a hostile atmosphere.

I agree the best way is if everyone gets pissed but I imagine everyone was fairly tanked at Birmingham yet I hear the atmosphere was pretty average.

I honestly believe that if a fan group was started and took off, it could gain a lot of power fairly quickly. Whether it changes anything in the ground well you're probably right in that people just won't want to move.

On another note, the atmosphere tonight was fvcking diabolical. Utter, utter tripe.

I am concerned for Saturday. It could be embarrassing with Palace bringing a decent following. It was very poor tonight. I was surrounded by hundreds of cheap ticket silent fans. Tried my best but just couldn't get them going. Even L1 were quiet.

No don't blame the extra 2 or 3 thousand. May be it is the fact that not enough people have good few pints before the game anymore and no kids red bulls don't count. Palace is going to be highly embarrassing but good practice for next season when we will get out sung every minute of each game in the premiership.

Hold on great idea instead of one drum give everyone a drum to bang

It was really pathetic tonight. This is one big BS that bigger crowd = better atmosphere. Tonight, so many new faces, 'strangers' in L1 (!) and around... Manure bla bla , Barca bla bla, Chelski bla bla ... stick your accumulators in your a%#e, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BETS!!! :@

...and 'Who is our number 4?' really??? in L1 :banghead:

No don't blame the extra 2 or 3 thousand. May be it is the fact that not enough people have good few pints before the game anymore and no kids red bulls don't count. Palace is going to be highly embarrassing but good practice for next season when we will get out sung every minute of each game in the premiership.

We weren't outsung today. Brighton fans didn't make much noise either. Very very rarely are we outsung at home.

In the Prem we'd sell 30k a game so we definitely won't be embarrassed.

I liked Thracian's post because I thought it was a good summary of what going to watch football has become in this country.

I didn't particularly enjoy your initial post (although I admit being stuck on a train made my response petty) because the idea that we should give up on the Kop is baffling. Its behind a goal, its cheaper than the East, it has more space for casuals to gather etc. Writing it off would be very sad and would completely kill any lingering hope of a hostile atmosphere.

I agree the best way is if everyone gets pissed but I imagine everyone was fairly tanked at Birmingham yet I hear the atmosphere was pretty average.

I honestly believe that if a fan group was started and took off, it could gain a lot of power fairly quickly. Whether it changes anything in the ground well you're probably right in that people just won't want to move.

On another note, the atmosphere tonight was fvcking diabolical. Utter, utter tripe.

It's not baffling, it's realistic. The family stand make more noise than the Kop now. Explain to me why over a thousand people would move to the Kop when they can stand next to the away fans without hassle from the stewards? Once you start splitting up a reasonable sized group into two small groups, the stewards will have more power.

It's not a good idea.

lol:thumbup:

Most of our singers are youngsters (mostly chavs) now, and as I've said recently, it's like they are trying to make up a whole new song book, and so far they've only got about three songs, then they've ran out of ideas and give up. You could see it was slowly becoming the case last season.

We need more of the older lot to show them how it's done.

Yes but I suppose what I'm saying is they need to find a way and the drum stops that imagination. Remember when we were young you didn't have to be the sharpest pencil in the box to come up with the odd original chant. You just needed a couple of pints to loosen you up.

I have to say it's too easy to blame the part-timers. There have been plenty of games, last season especially, when there's been the usual good amount standing, yet very poor effort. I had a season ticket in K last season and there were regulars around me that were just lazy fat chavs who often couldn't be arsed.

We weren't outsung today. Brighton fans didn't make much noise either. Very very rarely are we outsung at home.

In the Prem we'd sell 30k a game so we definitely won't be embarrassed.

What does 30000 at the game got to do with vocal support.

I sit right next to the away fans and yes there were only 2 or 300 but they were taking the piss out of our support the whole game and for someone who has witnessed and been part of some great atmospheres over the years it was just a bit hard to take.

Trust me we will be an even bigger laughing stock next season.

Yes but I suppose what I'm saying is they need to find a way and the drum stops that imagination. Remember when we were young you didn't have to be the sharpest pencil in the box to come up with the odd original chant. You just needed a couple of pints to loosen you up.

Well no I dont remember because I'm 20, fortunately I'm not a chav lol:thumbup:

I do agree to some extent but I don't think you can blame the drum for our lack of effort, people have just got to think of chants and sing them, they've got to say 'fvck the drum' and get on with it.

We don't even have to come up with any new chants, we've got plenty, we just don't remember them because we've become obsessed with these new ones thinking they are the only way to save the atmosphere.

I have to say it's too easy to blame the part-timers. There have been plenty of games, last season especially, when there's been the usual good amount standing, yet very poor effort. I had a season ticket in K last season and there were regulars around me that were just lazy fat chavs who often couldn't be arsed.

God you really don't like chavs.

Mind you there is lazy fat Chav with a drum that I'd love to get rid of.

God you really don't like chavs.

Mind you there is lazy fat Chav with a drum that I'd love to get rid of.

Yep lol

TBF to Jobber when it's quiet he's often trying to start chants with his voice and not just his drum. It's up to everyone else, they don't have to wait for him.

Forest (0-0) last season was like what tonight sounded like, big game and a few people, me included, were constantly trying to start chants and there are just arseholes all around looking at you with disgust almost (ok I was embarrassingly wasted but what do they expect?) and putting no effort in.

What does 30000 at the game got to do with vocal support.

I sit right next to the away fans and yes there were only 2 or 300 but they were taking the piss out of our support the whole game and for someone who has witnessed and been part of some great atmospheres over the years it was just a bit hard to take.

Trust me we will be an even bigger laughing stock next season.

Maybe I'm looking back through tinted spectacles but I remember our support at Home being very good during the Prem season of 2003.

This. Would need the right people behind it though, and it would need the kind of people who moan on here about atmosphere all the time to put their money where their mouth is and actually be part of something.

We've already seen one such group come and go. Sadly I'm doubtful enough of our fans have it in them to rally round each other and make a success of something though.

Not being funny but day trippers do my ****ing head in! They ruin songs because they don't have a clue what they are and try and join in get the tune wrong and the words wrong and **** it up! Also some of the chat that was coming out of their mouthes tonight was embarrassing, conversation 1 - "Oh disappointing first half after the goal, not great" "well you don't come to the KP and expect great football"....PISS OFF! 2nd conversation "Konchelsky is so shit, I don't know how he manages to stay in the side he was awful giving away that penalty"...Are you kidding me? Why do they feel they have such an informed opinion on our squad when they've not even seen 90 minutes of the season? I could honestly deliver so many backhands its unreal, oh well there's always pie and a pint night to luck forward to! ****S SAKE!

If you want a vocal atmosphere you need to get the vocal sections of the fans sitting next to each other. Either that or introduce songs that every fan sings to, including kids and families. Have to say "hey jude" before the game is really underwhelming. The reason why away sections always seem louder than the home fans is because they are packed into a small area and generally most of them join in the chants. The kop and l1 are both ok though.

I honestly think people are just finding something to moan about because the team are performing now

It's not half as bad as people are making out

I think the only thing 'embarrassing' about tonight was Brightons support, it's difficult to get an atmosphere between the two sets of fans when they sit there in silence the whole game

I honestly think people are just finding something to moan about because the team are performing now

It's not half as bad as people are making out

I think the only thing 'embarrassing' about tonight was Brightons support

Only heard 'Albion, Albionnnnnnn' twice - in the first minute and when they got a corner in the 2nd half. Oh dear

Archived