Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Home Atmopshere vs Brighton

A big part of the problem to me is that there's no build-up anymore before the game. I've said before that the days when we used to sing the players names before kick off and in the warm-ups are gone. Everyone is too busy at half seven or ten to 3 having a pint and a piss to be out singing songs and the game's kicked off before we've even got a chant going. We all used to loosen up a bit before the game sing the players names and be ready for the kick off but it just doesn't happen anymore.

Tonight's atmosphere would have been acceptable if we were 10th and playing crap but we're top and unbeaten in 7 for god's sake. If you're not going to sing your heart out now you never will.

A big part of the problem to me is that there's no build-up anymore before the game. I've said before that the days when we used to sing the players names before kick off and in the warm-ups are gone. Everyone is too busy at half seven or ten to 3 having a pint and a piss to be out singing songs and the game's kicked off before we've even got a chant going. We all used to loosen up a bit before the game sing the players names and be ready for the kick off but it just doesn't happen anymore.

Tonight's atmosphere would have been acceptable if we were 10th and playing crap but we're top and unbeaten in 7 for god's sake. If you're not going to sing your heart out now you never will.

But this is the case for almost everyone in England now but that doesn't mean no one creates a good home atmosphere (though in the Championship it is very rare tbf) - it's also been the case when we've had great atmosphere's at the KP.

I really think it's just an attitude thing mainly.

Lets just put it out there that if I went away to a side in this league, they had a bumper 25k crowd, were top of the league and won again then I think the support, if it was anything like ours tonight, would definitely be the first thing I criticised.

It was a total embarrassment. It was a pretty dire game but wow, are we scared to enjoy it?

I honestly think people are just finding something to moan about because the team are performing now

It's not half as bad as people are making out

I think the only thing 'embarrassing' about tonight was Brightons support, it's difficult to get an atmosphere between the two sets of fans when they sit there in silence the whole game

Brighton's was no worse than ours was at places like Wolves & Blackburn.

And not many will bring 700 here midweek, let alone at that distance. I thought they weren't dreadful, I actually heard them (which is more than I can say for Bristol, Peterborough, Burnley & Blackpool).

I think we are too self critical.. the "mighty" leeds got 17,000 tonight, mr. punch said their atmosphere was shite... might be cos most of their "true" fans are on banning orders.

But I'm not bothered about Leeds, it genuinely has no effect on me if I'm in our ground thinking "well this is absolute shite", the last thing I think is how it may be worse at Leeds.

I think Leicester are a very typical fanbase of modern English football and English football fanbases have gone severely downhill as for some reason in this country we seem absolutely apathetic to the fact the authorities are against atmosphere (don't let their 'tickets are selling fast for what should be a terrific atmosphere!' fool you, load of utter tripe).

I think in general it has improved at Filbert Way, but tonight makes me think otherwise.

The drum's a funny point. I actually think when used right, drums can be a huge compliment to certain songs and I know full-well I'm in the minority who thinks that, they are pretty small-time & tinpot but when used right I think they can be decent, Boro's drummer was excellent. Sadly, I don't think we do, at all. Jobber, for all he's a top bloke and I have a lot of respect for him, is an extremely average drummer and worst of all I think the majority of L1 have become extremely reliant on him, it's so true what someone said about waiting for Jobber to start it, it's an embarrassment in truth.

Thrac's post on either page 2/3 was spot on as well, I despise the way people are apathetic to sanitation of absolutely everything in the matchday experience, all this when you're paying prices that are on the rise, it's a horrific cycle.

Mid week games are always awful atmosphere wise, no surprises really.

They don't HAVE to be though.

And yes drink helps but do people SERIOUSLY need a drink to dare to sing?

It just seems to me..there is always an excuse to moan about something on here.. we are top , so no moaning about the players or manager at the moment...lets find a negative..I know ! the fans or atmosphere..well I sang my guts out tonight, I can do no more.

I didnt think the atmosphere was too bad tonight. We were towards the back of the kop. Ive certainly heard it worse.

To be honest though I dont know why its even important anymore. Atmosphere at grounds vanished when stadiums became all seater. And until that changes, if it ever does, its not going to get any better.

When at Filbert Street, the noise came from the Kop. Thousands all stood together, being pushed about, singing, jumping around all over the place when we scored. All seated means your static, takes all the fun out of it. If you took the Kop out of the equation at Filbert Street, I bet the atmosphere from the home fans would be on a par to what we have today at the King Power.

The soul got taken out of grounds when it went all seater, and no amount of moaning about it will make a difference

Very true, how is it going to change though? Cos I can't see anything changing vs Palace? We'll sing for a bit until Jobber stops banging the drum. We are too reliant on him!

Because you seem happy to comment on things that happen without actively making a difference. I'm not saying this to be a dick because you strike me as a likeable lad and one who shares a lot of the views I do, but if you just moan about it and do the usual on Saturday, then what will change?

I appreciate your ideas and it is a shame that people don't seem interested, well they do, but not interested enough to actually put it into action.

It's a huge gripe I have with Leicester's support, we're happy to complain about things but we're happy to let shite creep in. If you aren't a fan of generic "new" songs then don't sing the fvckers. I certainly didn't join into "scores when he wants" as miserable as that sounds. Start the songs you want off, admittedly it takes balls to start something new on your own but get a group of you, even if it's only 3 or 4 and it becomes far easier, keep at it and if it's decent, it'll catch on.

Get speaking to Jobber on Saturday if you want it that badly.

It just seems to me..there is always an excuse to moan about something on here.. we are top , so no moaning about the players or manager at the moment...lets find a negative..I know ! the fans or atmosphere..well I sang my guts out tonight, I can do no more.

Can see your point but why should the fact we're doing well on the pitch completely cloud something which certainly (IMO) needs addressing? It's not like I've come on here to moan about it and left absolutely no praise for how we're doing on the pitch.

I wasn't there last night due to work, but partly I think its down to the ground we're in...

Back in the Filbo days, everyone was pretty tight in and enclosed, the atmosphere was brilliant at times. Now we're at this pointless common pisspoor bowl, theres just no identity anymore. Its just another bowl of nothingness.

It's not baffling, it's realistic. The family stand make more noise than the Kop now. Explain to me why over a thousand people would move to the Kop when they can stand next to the away fans without hassle from the stewards? Once you start splitting up a reasonable sized group into two small groups, the stewards will have more power.

It's not a good idea.

I'm not saying 1,000+ should move. Mind you I don't think it would do much harm considering L1 is getting outsung by 500ish strong away supports on a weekly basis nowadays...

I completely understand your point about splitting a standing area into two more 'manageable' areas but my suggestion is that we need a truly organised fan group to progress.

As for people not singing unless a drum starts it off well the people around Jobber need to take more responsibility, or take the drum themselves... Drums can improve atmosphere but not when they are played once every half an hour.

Get rid of the drum. (Not a moan, a suggestion)

Hopefully then people will take more responsibility and be more imaginative. The drum is a joke and one of the reasons I and a number of others moved from L1.

Also, SLOW DOWN! So many of the songs are sang at 1000 mph, especially When You're Smiling, ask the old boys how the last bit should be sung.

STOP MOANING, god this site is full of moaners, we are the best club in the world. keep that mind set.

Theres so many reasons why the atmopshere is poor, we all know what these are and have talked about it on here for a long time.

A lot of fans don't seem to want to sing and thats fine, the biggest problem I feel is the ones that do dont have an end of their own. If we had one stand dedicated to those that wanted to stand and not just a small section at the back which we have now then the atmopshere would be much better.

You only have to give one stand to those fans who want to sing (like they do in EVERY other country) and it would change a lot.

Thats not going to happen, not at our stadium anyway.

Can see your point but why should the fact we're doing well on the pitch completely cloud something which certainly (IMO) needs addressing? It's not like I've come on here to moan about it and left absolutely no praise for how we're doing on the pitch.

Is it effecting our league position?

Not really a problem then is it

Because with all seater stadiums your seat is your seat, the only reason people got in the ground early in SK1 etc at Filbert was due to unreserved seating, but even then we used to cut it fine, if you got in a 2.45 on a sat you would still be able to get at least half a seat to yourself.

SK1 always had 3 or 4 people were there was only room for one, people in the gangways etc, this is not allowed to happen any more.

I think this is part of the problem, at Filbert St, in the Kop in was tightly packed, gave you a close sense of togetherness. Plus that small section being 4 ft away from the away section helped create an atmosphere, there is not the same banter between fans any more, less originality.

I will say one thing for last night, having stood all game at Brum sat for the 1st time since prob west ham last without getting any earache from stewards. The back 5 or 6 rows of SK1 and 2 Seemed to stand all game and try to get a bit of a sing song going last night, so the will is there, but it takes more than just 50 or 60 people out of 5 or 6 thousand to make a noise that is noticeable.

It was really pathetic tonight. This is one big BS that bigger crowd = better atmosphere. Tonight, so many new faces, 'strangers' in L1 (!) and around... Manure bla bla , Barca bla bla, Chelski bla bla ... stick your accumulators in your a%#e, I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR BETS!!! :@

...and 'Who is our number 4?' really??? in L1 :banghead:

U referring to the lads at the very back?

People need to forget the atmosphere 'back in the day' or before jobber had a drum.

The atmosphere has depleted in l1 massively since LAST SEASON. Possibly because of new faces. I was saying this in my recent thread about coming on the fans. The volume hasn't necessarily decreased, but certainly the frequency of chants have.

Its not the extra x thousand fans there last,night. If they never go to games how are they going to know words? Its the fans week in and week out who are at fault.

Missed the point.

Might be news to some people but the league position isn't EVERYTHING. That's the problem, people think if we're doing badly, everything no matter what is automatically awful and if we're doing well, the exact same but opposite.

Of course it's a problem, that's what the enjoyment of going to the football is.

I'm disappointed I haven't been able to watch us much this season but much less so when I hear reviews on the atmosphere like last night's.

We're top of the league now - but lets say we get promoted, we won't be top of the Premier League. So if we're lying midtable, where's my enjoyment going to come from if our fans are depressingly quiet?

Archived