Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Home Atmopshere vs Brighton

Yeah, definitely. Just thinking of ways that could possibly improve it. Palace improved their atmosphere at Selhurst Park with the Ultras, why can't we do the same? Hopefully tomorrow all of L and K can sing a song repetitively for a while and that'll hopefully mean some more will join in.

TBF we tried that but the club did their best to crush it straight away.

We're not allowed flags in either. Besides, their ultras group is only smallish area about the size of L and K which like I say would be as good on a good day, but we need to be more committed to singing more often.

Not sure I agree that these "old tune" versions of WYS are anything like we should sing it. Tune as sung at the KP is about the same as in years gone by IMO, just need more people singing it and a bit slower. Also need the hands as well, very important!

That's the main problem, if its sung that quickly people wont learn the words let alone keep up with it. It took me years to work out what was being sung even when I'd read the words online because it sounds nothing like the song.

The version we sing now may have been fine in the old days but I think to get more people involved things need to move on, I think far more people would fancy singing it if it was a more inspiring tune.

That's the main problem, if its sung that quickly people wont learn the words let alone keep up with it. It took me years to work out what was being sung even when I'd read the words online because it sounds nothing like the song.

The version we sing now may have been fine in the old days but I think to get more people involved things need to move on, I think far more people would fancy singing it if it was a more inspiring tune.

No problem with that, obviously prefer the old one but would love to see it being belted out at the KP no matter what the tune - it's just about our only unique chant

I sit in the family stand in p1 close to the away fans. For night matches, and other games when my kids couldn't attend, I would swap my seat for a place in the kop at the back. I don't bother now as the atmosphere and singing in the family is far better.

Haven't heard of many people who don't like being described as the "Blue army"?

What's wrong with it?
Haven't heard of many people who don't like being described as the "Blue army"?
We used to sing it a lot in the 90s though, one of the first chants I remember and when a lot of people do it sounds pretty good, one of those more intimidating ones. Still here fans chanting in now and again but usually walking to/from the ground.
I actually didn't use to mind it when the Kop @ FS used to do it for a sustained period of time, Along with the Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, chant, remember that one going for 15 minutes or more once when we lost 3-0 at Home to Liverpool.But I know a lot of people of an older generation than me that really don't like the tag.

No problem with that, obviously prefer the old one but would love to see it being belted out at the KP no matter what the tune - it's just about our only unique chant

:thumbup:

Seems like the best days of WYS are way before youtube so not much to choose from - but these geezers seem to have the version closest to how I remember it back in the 90's (including them hands) - much slower at the end!

Yeh that is better, I've never heard it like that at the King Power before.

When we get big crowds we arn't as loud, we get a lot families coming and elderly who only go to a few matches and people jumping on the band wagon when we are winning!

but Its improved this year but I would quite like it to be a hard place to play due to the fans being loud :)

Seems like the best days of WYS are way before youtube so not much to choose from - but these geezers seem to have the version closest to how I remember it back in the 90's (including them hands) - much slower at the end!

Its a great song and its ours.But the la la la bit after the whole world smiles with you bit is and has always sounded wank.

WYS should be sung instead of Hey Jude

Agree with that :thumbup:

It's been mentioned before but the sing-along bit from LSF is much better and more personal to us than Hey Jude. I'm surprised that no other club has cottoned on to that one (perhaps they have :dunno: ). Make it ours before someone else beats us to it.

oh yeah, Blue Army is far too generic :thumbdown:

lol

He's not just a pretty face with a drum, he keeps the forum alive!

Seriously though we don't need Jobber to start off or even join in with every chant, just start shouting blue army with one of your mates and hope people join in. :thumbup:

I have a feeling you may just shoot yourself in the foot with this, a lot of supporters don't like the blue army tag as it's something the Mercury started.

You obviously are too young to remember all our Wembley appearances starting from the play off finals to the league cup finals . We sang at the topof our voices the Blue Army song and though it may have been used before us we made it our own. A lot of supporters don't like the Blue army tag ? MY ARSE.

You obviously are too young to remember all our Wembley appearances starting from the play off finals to the league cup finals . We sang at the topof our voices the Blue Army song and though it may have been used before us we made it our own. A lot of supporters don't like the Blue army tag ? MY ARSE.

Thanks for your input, for the record I have never missed a play-off or cup final including the replay in my lifetime. Thats all 7 at Wembley and the game at Hillsborough.

Yes we may have screamed it at the top of our voices for a number of years, I was there doing it, if you read my other posts you will see I point out I personally don't mind it, however I know of a number of people who actually find it cringe worthy when people refer to us as the blue army.

Not saying everyone dislikes it and i'm really sorry for knowing people who do dislike it, I will ask if they can change their mind because you disagree.

Thanks for your input, for the record I have never missed a play-off or cup final including the replay in my lifetime. Thats all 7 at Wembley and the game at Hillsborough.

Yes we may have screamed it at the top of our voices for a number of years, I was there doing it, if you read my other posts you will see I point out I personally don't mind it, however I know of a number of people who actually find it cringe worthy when people refer to us as the blue army.

Not saying everyone dislikes it and i'm really sorry for knowing people who do dislike it, I will ask if they can change their mind because you disagree.

Just out of interest why do they find it cringe worthy ?

Archived