Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Home Atmopshere vs Brighton

On the contrary to the games I've been to re the Mexican wave , esp. towards the end of the Championships play off season of 2009-10 season under Pearson phase one - and of course when we won League One the season before in 2009. Also I liked the simplistic but loud "we're the left side over here", etc chanting - which was always quite atmospheric too I often found, around that same time! Maybe the chants have "moved on" a bit since then, three seasons on - although it doesn't sound much like it reading people's comments on here, more like they've "moved onto" that of a morgue, Jobber's drum apart! The opening game v Peterborough that I last went to was good atmosphere though, early season optimism and all that. Weird at how we're now top yet the atmosphere has been waning in the most recent weeks! Maybe that's where everybody expects us to be and therefore the chanting and general excitement has dried up because of it....?? As said by others on here too though, when the atmosphere is tense because we're holding on to a lead or whatever then I guess this affects the level of chanting as everybody is busy concentrating on the game.....maybe!

Thinking about it wasn't the last wave at the Real Madrid friendly. I'm sure I can't remember a wave last season, the Ipswich fans also started it on the final day before the Real game.

It always seems to pick up pace when it hits the family stand (natually) then slowly loses it around the rest of the ground.

Right side, left side was sung on the train coming back Saturday too, this always gets aired at aways.

Along with a few Bernie songs as he was in our carriage!

Thinking about it wasn't the last wave at the Real Madrid friendly. I'm sure I can't remember a wave last season, the Ipswich fans also started it on the final day before the Real game.

It always seems to pick up pace when it hits the family stand (natually) then slowly loses it around the rest of the ground.

Right side, left side was sung on the train coming back Saturday too, this always gets aired at aways.

Along with a few Bernie songs as he was in our carriage!

I'll take your word for it re Real Madrid game as I don't get to many games these days! :( The last time I recall doing the Mexican wave was during 2009-10 season when we trounced Watford 4-1 in the April shortly before reaching the play offs. Since then I don't recall doing it though on my handful of visits to the Walkers since that game!

Yes it was rather muted last night, but so was the game itself, BHA kept the ball far better than us for large periods but generally did nothing with it, practically killed the game as a spectacle in that sense :dunno: It was great to see more foxes fans come along though :scarf:

The last time I recall doing the Mexican wave was during 2009-10 season when we trounced Watford 4-1 in the April shortly before reaching the play offs. Since then I don't recall doing it though on my handful of visits to the Walkers since that game!

That was a good run we went on then, from memory Watford, QPR, and Boro all at home and we won all the games. ( maybe not in that order)

Preston away was the one that confirmed the play off place IIRC.

Seems so long ago now!

I still refer to it as the Walkers.

N1 try and get some chants going. We should get some banter going across from L1/K1 to N1 ;)

Gradually getting better in our end more blokes coming over it seems and more wanting to stand. Will be hard though but it could work, maybe....

Gradually getting better in our end more blokes coming over it seems and more wanting to stand. Will be hard though but it could work, maybe....

I stand at the group of people at the top. I agree were starting some chants off but we just need more men who will stand. I got one going my self towards the end;)

That was a good run we went on then, from memory Watford, QPR, and Boro all at home and we won all the games. ( maybe not in that order)

Preston away was the one that confirmed the play off place IIRC.

Seems so long ago now!

I still refer to it as the Walkers.

Indeed it does seem like a long time ago and despite getting Pearson back, the club has been through quite a lot since that joyous time three seasons back when we exceeded all expectation of course!

Left side/right side is absolutely dire and massively cringeworthy.

really? why's that? Pretty good to me, thats the problem creeping into stadiums in england so many rules on what to sing or what not to. FFS take the stick out of your ass and just have some fun. Boring feckers.

I have a ST in L Block but took the kids for the 1st time on Tues, we went in P(which is next to N) and was quite impressed it joined in with L quite alot and certainly beats the kop,.

My problem now is my 6 year old daughter wants to come with me all the time now and i dont want to move from L Block.

• really? why's that? Pretty good to me, thats the problem creeping into stadiums in england so many rules on what to sing or what not to. FFS take the stick out of your ass and just have some fun. Boring feckers.

I agree, then they moan about the atmosphere.

really? why's that? Pretty good to me, thats the problem creeping into stadiums in england so many rules on what to sing or what not to. FFS take the stick out of your ass and just have some fun. Boring feckers.

Agree, I've never seen anything wrong with it. What's so cringeworthy about that? Is it just because it's a 'newer' chant?

Archived