Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
harrylcfc_picko

Pearson is the right man to take us to te premier league

Whilst I love the optimism, I don't like these thread (no offence intended OP). We're not even a quarter of the way through with only 3 points between us and 7th. When Blackpool came here the fans I spoke to honestly thought they were going to win the league, Hull fans were about the same.

Long way to go. He's doing a grand job so far though, changed things more than I thought he'd be able to over the summer. Fingers crossed we can keep it up for the next three quarters.

Whilst I love the optimism, I don't like these thread (no offence intended OP). We're not even a quarter of the way through with only 3 points between us and 7th. When Blackpool came here the fans I spoke to honestly thought they were going to win the league, Hull fans were about the same.

Long way to go. He's doing a grand job so far though, changed things more than I thought he'd be able to over the summer. Fingers crossed we can keep it up for the next three quarters.

Agreed!

I still cannot shake off the worry that the rug will be pulled from under us. I'm trying my hardest not to be negative as i'm over the moon with the progress we've made, but the last 10 years have been the absolute pits for the majority of it and I don't dare dream, not just yet! Thankfully, the lads on the pitch have so much belief right now, as does Pearson and long may that continue.

It's music to my ears that Pearson still wants to strengthen, any injuries or loss of form to some players and we could easily lose our momentum. A couple of loan signings and we'll increase our intimidation factor to the opposition.

Agreed!

I still cannot shake off the worry that the rug will be pulled from under us. I'm trying my hardest not to be negative as i'm over the moon with the progress we've made, but the last 10 years have been the absolute pits for the majority of it and I don't dare dream, not just yet! Thankfully, the lads on the pitch have so much belief right now, as does Pearson and long may that continue.

It's music to my ears that Pearson still wants to strengthen, any injuries or loss of form to some players and we could easily lose our momentum. A couple of loan signings and we'll increase our intimidation factor to the opposition.

This is how I feel, so many false dawns that we were about to turn the corner only to be thoroughly and mercilessly kicked in the bollocks, I still don't go to games thinking we'll win, a draw is me being optimistic after all the losses to teams that we could legitimately feel we could and should have beaten.

I managed my first away of the season at Brum (yes a casual oldie atmosphere killing away supporter, oh the shame :P ) and all those feelings of despair came rushing back as it looked like we were going to lose out.

My optimism needs to be reborn and it'll take more than I've seen, as good as it's been to counteract the 10 years or so of dross.

Yes when it comes to LCFC I'm a miserable fecker!

I just think the league is so tight this year (we say it every year to be honest) but I do reckon it's there for someone to grab by the balls. If you look at a team like Huddersfield, sitting 3rd in the league yet it was only a couple of weeks ago where we convinsingly beat them at their place and they are only 2 points from top! Everyone is beating anyone at the minute but we have hit form, and I do think the league is their for the taking. I am not saying it will be us that do it, but with the results going the way they are, it only takes on team to perform consistantly (on current form that is probably us) and I think you will see them push away from the rest of the "pack."

Sends out a hell of a statement if you're already performing well and go and sign someone like Jones.

We should bring Beckford back and sign Mills as well, that'd send out a statement. :dry:

We're playing well, there's no need to bring anyone in, we've got the perfect balance at the moment, more signings would risk upsetting that.

We should bring Beckford back and sign Mills as well, that'd send out a statement. :dry:

We're playing well, there's no need to bring anyone in, we've got the perfect balance at the moment, more signings would risk upsetting that.

Don't so ridiculous.

Pearson it no fool and seems to place as much emphasis on personality as he does skill in his scouting. He'll sign the right type of personality that blends with the group.

You should always be looking to improve. It's as clear as day the quality up front could probably do with improving, and the likes of Waghorn and Schlupp could easily be loaned out to get games elsewhere.

Don't so ridiculous.

Pearson it no fool and seems to place as much emphasis on personality as he does skill in his scouting. He'll sign the right type of personality that blends with the group.

You should always be looking to improve. It's as clear as day the quality up front could probably do with improving, and the likes of Waghorn and Schlupp could easily be loaned out to get games elsewhere.

Not every player he has signed has had 'the right type of personality', we're top, why risk bringing someone in who could potentially unsettle things when nothing's wrong. If we have a dip in form we can get someone in then, but bringing players in now just seems unnecessary.

Not every player he has signed has had 'the right type of personality', we're top, why risk bringing someone in who could potentially unsettle things when nothing's wrong. If we have a dip in form we can get someone in then, but bringing players in now just seems unnecessary.

It isn't unnecessary at all its all about consolidating our position at the top of the table, our squad depth isn't that great in retrospect to Cardiff for example their will be some outs/in no biggie.

What bad personalities has he signed then? The fact I can't really think of anyone says a lot even if there has been the odd one. Unlike like year where we get lumbered with half a dozen people who Pearson doesn't seem to think were good to have in the group for whatever reason.

You don't have to chuck signings straight into the starting 11. It's going to be fringe players that get replaced to start with. Man City won the league last year but they still sign players in an attempt to improve, all teams do.

It isn't unnecessary at all its all about consolidating our position at the top of the table, our squad depth isn't that great in retrospect to Cardiff for example their will be some outs/in no biggie.

Perhaps, but our squad depth isn't as good as last year, we're still top. We suffered last year because the squad was too big and because there were too many people fighting for the same positions, whilst what we've got at the moment is working there is no need to try and fix it.

Perhaps, but our squad depth isn't as good as last year, we're still top. We suffered last year because the squad was too big and because there were too many people fighting for the same positions, whilst what we've got at the moment is working there is no need to try and fix it.

I appreciate that, but knowing NP he won't sign players for the sake of it he will bring them in if a) they want to play for us and b) whether they can add value to the team trouble with Sven he had the right idea about squad depth but implemented it wrong and that was his downfall.

I don't remember people questioning his personality until it turned out he was either a closet racist or terrible at jokes. Something no manager is going to know about a player.

Who else?

Not saying Wayne Brown was his fault, but that doesn't rule out such a mistake being made again. I'd suggest from what I've seen on a few Hull forums Robbie Brady had the potential to get himself into trouble on the pitch as well. Obviously the majority he has signed have had a good attitude, but why risk it when we're top of the league and playing well.

I appreciate that, but knowing NP he won't sign players for the sake of it he will bring them in if a) they want to play for us and b) whether they can add value to the team trouble with Sven he had the right idea about squad depth but implemented it wrong and that was his downfall.

I'd completely dispute that, you can't fill a squad with about 40 players, majority of whom expect 1st team action and have everyone happy, obviously he left before most of the problems came to a head (beyond SSL moaning in the Irish press) but that situation spread through the squad and dogged the rest of the season.

Squad depth was just bloated & came at the expense of squad competitiveness, now we have a clear matchday 18 whilst the rest of the playing staff is bulked out with development squad players...

Personally I think we need to lose Beckford & Waghorn. Short-term loan Shlupp out to a third tier side and bring one forward in who can contribute at a level befitting of a side in automatic promotion spots.

I think we need to see if Taft can step-up to fill the utility LCB/LB spot too or if he also needs loaning out to gain experience beyond that offered by the development squad & Eng U-20's and if so bring someone else in, which is very tough because now that Konch has reversed his early season abysmal form so any new arrival would obviously only be back-up & importantly happy to be just that.

Elsewhere we're strong.

I'd completely dispute that, you can't fill a squad with about 40 players, majority of whom expect 1st team action and have everyone happy, obviously he left before most of the problems came to a head (beyond SSL moaning in the Irish press) but that situation spread through the squad and dogged the rest of the season.

Squad depth was just bloated & came at the expense of squad competitiveness, now we have a clear matchday 18 whilst the rest of the playing staff is bulked out with development squad players...

Personally I think we need to lose Beckford & Waghorn. Short-term loan Shlupp out to a third tier side and bring one forward in who can contribute at a level befitting of a side in automatic promotion spots.

I think we need to see if Taft can step-up to fill the utility LCB/LB spot too or if he also needs loaning out to gain experience beyond that offered by the development squad & Eng U-20's and if so bring someone else in, which is very tough because now that Konch has reversed his early season abysmal form so any new arrival would obviously only be back-up & importantly happy to be just that.

Elsewhere we're strong.

What I meant about squad depth was 2 players for each position and even then we did that in some positions but in others we didn't ,anyway NP has addressed the balance of the team, with players primarily who want to play for us and not the wage packet and have the quality or potential to improve as professional football players.

Not saying Wayne Brown was his fault, but that doesn't rule out such a mistake being made again. I'd suggest from what I've seen on a few Hull forums Robbie Brady had the potential to get himself into trouble on the pitch as well. Obviously the majority he has signed have had a good attitude, but why risk it when we're top of the league and playing well.

Because there is room for improvement, and if people are available that can improve us then we should get them.

Look at Southampton last year, they signed Sharp and he helped them get promoted as he improved them up front. Of course there is a fine line, and any signing is a risk. But calculated ones could make a difference.

Much as I understand the caution in people's voices given all the false dawns we've had this team is well capable of getting promotion.

It is exactly the kind of team I've wanted to see wearing Leicester shirts.

And so many of the things I like were reflected in Pearson's words when he talked about work ethic, the drive to succeed, the trust he had in them and their desire to play for our club.

These things are "must have's" for a promotion chasing team but they wouldn't be enough without the fast-pass-and-move style the manager has finally adopted and the variety of attacking threats we're now able to call on.

We can't do anything about the ambition of others or the progress they might make but we can continue to improve our own already mpressive game considerably and if this is what we do then our very position at the top of the table shows success is finally in our own hands.

And I'm right with Pearson on his sentiments. Now is the time to show we have the character and determination to turn the screw and make it as hard as possible for others to catch us.

There may still be disappointments and frustrations but we have the players, we have the ability and I'm sure we'll have the backing to make any further improvements we might need.

I've every faith in Pearson in this frame of mind. He's improved as a manager - and, like his players, can still improve some more. But it's damned nice to be in a frame of mind to improve when you're winning rather than when your desperate for the next point.

Ruthlessness and self-belief are the keywords and that's what we'll need in the months ahead.

Archived