Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Lloyd Dyer

He's 11 games short of making 200 appearances for us. He's been a very good servant to the club and actually cares about the club too.

Probably my favourite thing about him besides the pace (and the equaliser at Bristol City away in the play-off season). Loyal servants seem hard to come by in football these days.

Ooooooohhh lord, Lloyd Dyer....

I've always liked Lloyd, he has frustrated me at times but his enthusiasm is great and he is the sort of player who, on form, will get people out of their seats.

Just do it more often, then we've got a real asset.

I always thought this could be Lloyd Dyer's best season.

The problem with the forum sometimes is this going from 'shite to brilliant' thing after one or two games.

Lloyd's shortfalls remain. His final product isn't always good enough. However, it's also better than most people make out. He sometimes fails to look up enough too.

But an in-form Dyer is worth his weight in gold, in terms of commitment and overall ability.

This is all I've been trying to say for a couple of seasons now... That his positives generally outweigh the negatives.

I always thought this could be Lloyd Dyer's best season.

The problem with the forum sometimes is this going from 'shite to brilliant' thing after one or two games.

Lloyd's shortfalls remain. His final product isn't always good enough. However, it's also better than most people make out. He sometimes fails to look up enough too.

But an in-form Dyer is worth his weight in gold, in terms of commitment and overall ability.

This is all I've been trying to say for a couple of seasons now... That his positives generally outweigh the negatives.

That surely is the most contradictory post you made yet

Read the OP...

I read it. I must have missed all your previous posts over the last two seasons, rattling on about how unappreciated he was, that's all. Now he's performing well it just seems a bit y'know I told you so' type post, yet without trawling through 8000+ posts I guess we'll just have to assume you must have said it. :thumbup:

I read it. I must have missed all your previous posts over the last two seasons, rattling on about how unappreciated he was, that's all. Now he's performing well it just seems a bit y'know I told you so' type post, yet without trawling through 8000+ posts I guess we'll just have to assume you must have said it. :thumbup:

Your 'rattling on' is my appreciation of the player.

Yes, I've always been a Dyer fan.

Alternatively read through the 'Lloyd Dyer I love you' thread.

:thumbup:

Your 'rattling on' is my appreciation of the player.

Yes, I've always been a Dyer fan.

Alternatively read through the 'Lloyd Dyer I love you' thread.

I'll be fair and probably missed them as you were on ignore, but I've had a look back and you were only saying back in Jan/Feb '12 that you were always saying only months ago, a season ago, with your mate down the pub about LLoyd and he was the bestest and underrated. I suspect Llloyd was doing well then too. In fact I think he had just scored a few goals.

Dyer has been just as inconsistant as a variety of the usual suspects.

Dyer looked and played superbly against a dreadful defence. I suspect Weds won't be giving him the same allowance, and we'll be back to running for corners that will be ineffectually delivered to no one's head. Though our corner stats will be excellent, I don't think we'll see Dyer's provision and par excellence to that degree again, unless we play against another Ipswich.

I'm not knocking his efforts, positivity, and endeavour. A true workman, who hasn't got the final touch that turns him from a good winger to an excellent one.

I'll be fair and probably missed them as you were on ignore, but I've had a look back and you were only saying back in Jan/Feb '12 that you were always saying only months ago, a season ago, with your mate down the pub about LLoyd and he was the bestest and underrated. I suspect Llloyd was doing well then too. In fact I think he had just scored a few goals.

Dyer has been just as inconsistant as a variety of the usual suspects.

Dyer looked and played superbly against a dreadful defence. I suspect Weds won't be giving him the same allowance, and we'll be back to running for corners that will be ineffectually delivered to no one's head. Though our corner stats will be excellent, I don't think we'll see Dyer's provision and par excellence to that degree again, unless we play against another Ipswich.

I'm not knocking his efforts, positivity, and endeavour. A true workman, who hasn't got the final touch that turns him from a good winger to an excellent one.

What a lovely post!

Thank you!

And I agree with you on Lloyd.

I'm surprised you didn't put it in your latest blog. Or did you?

I really can't have read it properly.

• 1 month later...
Guest BlueBrett
Providing he plays on friday, this will be Lloyds 200th game for us.

Quite an achievement i reckon. So what do you say we all sing his song on 11 minutes?.

Great idea. Don't think he'll start though..?

Archived