Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Lloyd Dyer

I just wanted to make a brief comment about Lloyd Dyer.

Pre season some folks on here, including myself, stated that we thought he was going to be an important player this year, in terms of supplementing the 'squad effort' that Pearson has often spoken of.

However, some also suggested he was just not good enough and should even be sold.

I think he's having a really good season and his pace and trickery IS having a great impact on our attacking play. Last night, he was also tip top in his defensive duties.

I'm really pleased for Lloyd. He comes across as a very unassuming man and a consummate professional. It's of no surprise to me that he's in the team at the moment.

Pre season some folks on here, including myself, stated that we thought he was going to be an important player this year, in terms of supplementing the 'squad effort' that Pearson has often spoken of.

However, some also suggested he was just not good enough and should even be sold.

I think he's having a really good season and his pace and trickery IS having a great impact on our attacking play. Last night, he was also tip top in his defensive duties.

I'm really pleased for Lloyd. He comes across as a very unassuming man and a consummate professional. It's of no surprise to me that he's in the team at the moment.

Completely agree, he was excellent last night.

His final ball is often lacking, but if he had everything he wouldn't be playing for us. He's been a valuable player so far this season and he'll continue to play a role in any success we have. Add to that the fact that he's Leicester through and through and I'm very glad that he's still at the club - long may he stay.

Guest BlueBrett

Agreed Col. One of my favourite players and a consistent 7/10 man. I can understand peoples' 'end product' gripe but I think it's worth considering that perhaps his wastefulness is exaggerated by the sheer volume of good positions he gets into and chances he creates as compared to other players.

For me there a few better sights than watching Lloydy bomb past people like they aren't even there. At top speed he is magnificent!

I still think he's shit at crossing, passing and shooting.

...and heading.

But I still love him, his attitude, his work rate, very good player, not as bad as people make out, his crossing isn't the greatest, but it isn't helped by the fact that we don't really have anyone in there who is great in the air. I can only think of Morgan on the first day of the season actually winning a header and scoring, our other headed goals have been free headers (I think).

Top contribution to it :thumbup:

Haha yea I get your point. Just didnt really think it warrented a whole thread to say that hes playing ok in a decent team effort. It could be mentioned in any other post match thread etc. It just seemed rather self congratulating, because of the last line and made me think, was the thread made for Lloyd, or someone else? :P

Great post, fully agree with you. His pace I think really puts teams on the back foot, and is important when we're defending. I know that people can be very down on him, the bloke a couple of seats down from me gives me him loads of stick all the time, and I can understand why, but I think he's an important member of the team at the moment.

Haha yea I get your point. Just didnt really think it warrented a whole thread to say that hes playing ok in a decent team effort. It could be mentioned in any other post match thread etc. It just seemed rather self congratulating, because of the last line and made me think, was the thread made for Lloyd, or someone else? :P

To be fair I always used to dread opening the "player name" threads, at least this one is positive.

Thracian sometimes (not always) talks some slanted bollocks about Dyer, among others.

However, he does have a good point about Lloyd. Despite his inconsistent crossing/shooting, opponents are aware of his exceptional pace. So they often back off or double up on him, thereby allowing more space for our other players.

I don't agree that he is poor at passing - not exceptionally good, but doesn't often lose the ball during the build-up. He also does a lot more defensive work than most wingers do. Furthermore, the fact that nobody is on the end of his crosses isn't always his fault. Last night, several times he beat his man and put good crosses into places where an LCFC shirt should have been, but wasn't.

Lloyd has his faults, but is a valuable member of the 11 or 16 (depending on form etc.) and gets too much criticism.

Ben Marshall over Dyer any day. Dyer is not a goal threat and can't cross. He is great when running at players, but needs to cross the goal cleaner and quicker than he does.

Marshall needs to learn to play with Knockaert first. He seems very reluctant to pass to him when they are on the field together. It was quite evident last night when he came on.

Get off your soap box!!! ;)

I like Dyer, but he always has the same problem, he causes a massive danger to opposition defences, and always trys his best.

However his end product always lacks, he produced one amazing cross last night, shamefully nobody got on the end of it, apart from that the rest of his crosses were average or poor.

I don't mind to see him start, but if we do get promoted he wouldn't be good enough in the Premier League.

Nobody else has picked up the point but I think even if he doesn't have the greatest of games from an attacking point of view, he never shirks his defensive duties. For me, he epitomises everything that is good about a Pearson player. Hard work, good attitude, commitment to the cause, fitness etc etc

Archived