Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Lloyd Dyer

Really couldn't see what he did to warrant a starting place in the side on a regular basis before this season. But I have to admit this season he has shown real determination and skill, also his final ball has improved immensely.

Brilliant again today, although if I have one criticism, he stopped attacking the full back so often in the 2nd half

Really couldn't see what he did to warrant a starting place in the side on a regular basis before this season. But I have to admit this season he has shown real determination and skill, also his final ball has improved immensely.

Brilliant again today, although if I have one criticism, he stopped attacking the full back so often in the 2nd half

Might have had something to do with the 4 - 0 lead he helped us get in the first half. I doubt Pearson was too fussed about us to go out attacking, better to wait for spaces on the break and pick them off to add to our tally like we did.

I knew Dyer was going to give Orr a hard time today he did so at Blackburn, but this was a great performance from him certainly seems to have upped his game knows when to run at the full back with pace and is finally becoming more consistent with his final ball, I guess much needed competition in Marshall has helped.

The way we're now playing with more players attacking the box gives him more options to deliver a variety of finishes. Previously he had one maybe two players to hit deep in the penalty area covered by four or five defenders and no one else. Now he's got at least a couple of players in the box and two or three attacking it so defenders now don't know what he's going to do.

He played like a poor mans Antonio Valencia yesterday. I also think he should be credited with 3 assists as he won the penalty.

No low fizzing near post crosses just calm passes along the box, even Craig Shakespeare acknowledged Lloyd's improved decision making of late.

This final comment is not mean to seem mean spirited but we'll never have worse opponents than Ipswich down here all season and quite frankly you'd have had to try really hard to play badly against that defence..

Always thought Lloyd had reached his full potential as a player , judging by yesterday he could still be improving as a player , he was totally dominant

& his pace & smart wing play was quite a sight to behold...........

Also Knockeart joining him on that side as a dual winger threat pairing against a feeble right back was almost sinister ......magic

It makes me smile how some folk love slagging off players then suddenly go an a love in and pretend they have always liked them once they perform well. I have always rated Dyer and I have said on this forum many times that the stick he sometimes gets is totally out of order. I think what you are seeing (and what some of us realised all along) is that he is a great winger and maybe there were not always enough people in an around the box which made it appear that he had no end product. Now we have more attacking options and more people gambling ion the area he is showing what a useful player he can be. OK, he is not in the same league as Guppy in terms of crossing ability but he is nowhere near as bad as some of you love to point out. Seriously, do you revel in bile? I honestly would not really swap him for any other winger in the Championship right now. He quite often used to get crosses in but no one was in the box to benefit from them and some fans just chose to ignore this and then jumped on, highlighted and exaggerated every misplaced cross he made. Pretty pathetic really.

I love you Lloyd!!! Go on my son!!

X

I'll hold my hands up - I thought his days were numbered. Not because of a lack of pace, but because of a lack of a final ball.

However to be fair to the lad, maybe it wasn't his fault but the lack of support and pace in our team to keep up with him. Now we have King, Knockaert, Marshall, Vardy, Waghorn and Nugent all capable of getting into the box when he goes on his ridiculous runs and has a lot more options to produce the final ball. Playing very well.

Dyer is having his best ever season for us so far. He's a confidence player- needs an arm around him telling him how good he is and a regular starting spot in his best position. Sven almost destroyed him- barely ever picked him and when he did often played him on the right wing. A true testament to Nigel's fantastic man management skills is Lloyd Dyer.

Archived