Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

He was offered help.

He had subsidised education, free healthcare and is living in a shelter.

He chose to do an art foundation course rather than pay his rent.

Spot on. He was a student living in London. Essentially his complaint is "I'm having to do a part time job around my study", which is a situation the majority of students face. He had the advantage of considerable catering experience, but decided a few hours of work per week was too much to ask, and started sticking needles in his arms instead. Sympathy? Not much.

I'd deny global warming too as it should be called climate change.

When I travel for work, I am seeing the effects of the changing climate on people livelihoods. The effect is stronger on the most vulnerable. We don't feel it because we get our good from supermarkets who are good at managing the supply chain, sourcing food from massive factory farms. The poor often are producing for themselves and many seasons are being effected. Either too much rain or not enough. Crop yields are down despite increased use of improved farming techniques and technologies.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't look for this on the BBC Sky News ITV or any of the national newspapers because you will not see it. It is deemed 'Un-newsworthy. yet some celebrity being charged with a sex offence is. what a strange country we live in.

https://www.the-newshub.com/stories/is-the-uk-the-first-country-to-face-a-un-inquiry-into-disability-rights-violations

Don't look for this on the BBC Sky News ITV or any of the national newspapers because you will not see it. It is deemed 'Un-newsworthy. yet some celebrity being charged with a sex offence is. what a strange country we live in.

https://www.the-newshub.com/stories/is-the-uk-the-first-country-to-face-a-un-inquiry-into-disability-rights-violations

Is the UK the first country to face a UN inquiry into disability rights violations?

You see Ken your story is speculation from a pressure group whereas "celebrity charged with sex offence" actually happened, that's why it's been reported.

Guest MattP

Because it isn't actually news?

Sue Marsh

Passionate Leftie & Health Warrior. Writer. Will tweet about politics, welfare, & disability disgraces A LOT.

lol

It is not speculation. There is a video of a conferance on disability and the speaker spoke about the subject. There are reports and documents stating it. But as I said these kind of stories will not be in the press. There were references to it on Wikpedia but these disappeaded after being put up.

It is not speculation. There is a video of a conferance on disability and the speaker spoke about the subject. There are reports and documents stating it. But as I said these kind of stories will not be in the press. There were references to it on Wikpedia but these disappeaded after being put up.

The quote was "Is the UK the first country to face a UN inquiry into disability rights violations?". If it happens it will be reported on all the main news outlets.

Guest MattP

Where are the official documents then Ken to show this?

On the Robbie Williams thread I put some links to a group that has been gathering information and evidence for the past couple of years. There is an email address. If you contact them they will have loads of files on many subjects regarding the disabled. It is run by many people who are disabled or care for loved ones who are disabled so they actually know what is happening to them. There are testomies from people highlighting the pressure and stress they are under.

Guest MattP

On the Robbie Williams thread I put some links to a group that has been gathering information and evidence for the past couple of years. There is an email address. If you contact them they will have loads of files on many subjects regarding the disabled. It is run by many people who are disabled or care for loved ones who are disabled so they actually know what is happening to them. There are testomies from people highlighting the pressure and stress they are under.

http://news.sky.com/story/1320879/sir-cliff-richard-hires-high-profile-lawyer

Cliff Richard hires high profile lawyer.

a) Not a news story, interesting or otherwise.

b) Nobody has ever said being disabled or caring for a disabled person was fun.

2pm on a Tuesday and away with the fairies lol

What a guy.

Did you email those people I suggested for the information you wanted? How will you know if you do not ask? Or are you dismissing them without even looking because your opinions are right and cannot be changed.

Guest MattP

Did you email those people I suggested for the information you wanted? How will you know if you do not ask? Or are you dismissing them without even looking because your opinions are right and cannot be changed.

I don't think you prove a point over the internet by asking someone else to do the work and research for you lol (Well, you prove something)

Don’t walk by,pretend not to see

Outside in the cold is no place to be

Whistle to yourself,think glad it’s not me

No-one can escape their destiny.

No-one can prepare for all trials of life

One day it is bliss the next day is strife

Taking one day at a time is now my life.

Optimism is the only way out

Upturns are ahead I have no doubt

Thinking to myself I am down not out.

Edited by MattP

Watch from about 1 hr 4 minutes

I watched about 5 mins before I started to drop off. By my understanding some committee has looked into the possibility of having an inquiry into disability rights violations. This can be triggered by somebody making a complaint. It didn't say there had been an inquiry or that the UK had been found guilty of anything.

Also, who is this person and whats his bias?

Edited by Webbo

I don't think you prove a point over the internet by asking someone else to do the work and research for you lol (Well, you prove something)

Don’t walk by,pretend not to see

Outside in the cold is no place to be

Whistle to yourself,think glad it’s not me

No-one can escape their destiny.

No-one can prepare for all trials of life

One day it is bliss the next day is strife

Taking one day at a time is now my life.

Optimism is the only way out

Upturns are ahead I have no doubt

Thinking to myself I am down not out.

But Matt I have posted links galore and they have been dismissed as lies. Moose said he had searched and could not find anything. I was just helping him out a little bit. I do not have all the answers or information. The people I mentioned have been researching and compiling reports for over two years. They have the knowledge and expertise not me. I can only pass on so much information. They are a friendly bunch and welcome different views and inquiries. They have more info than I can provide and will do it better than me. I was reluctant about posting the link as I knew what the reaction would be. This is something we should all be concerned with.

Why would the UK press which tbh are Tory backed publish something that puts the govtment in a bad light?

Mods you may as well remove the last few posts as they are going nowhere and the story does not seem to be wanted on this forum. Sorry for posting it. I hope moone on here suffers a disability.