Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Interesting news topics.

That is fairly standard in parts of Europe.  Get used to people having lots of time off if you work in a European country.  They probably earn less than you and pay more tax if that makes you feel better.

Not really, I've always valued my free time quite highly, so would happily be paid less and get more holidays.

My colleagues also get a 13th month bonus, where they get an extra month's pay in May to pay for their Summer Holidays.

Not really, I've always valued my free time quite highly, so would happily be paid less and get more holidays.

My colleagues also get a 13th month bonus, where they get an extra month's pay in May to pay for their Summer Holidays.

Wait, you guys don't get a 13th month?  It's pretty much the only thing that makes my shitty job slightly worth keeping over here.  That and my lack of qualifications to work elsewhere. lol

Wait, you guys don't get a 13th month?  It's pretty much the only thing that makes my shitty job slightly worth keeping over here.  That and my lack of qualifications to work elsewhere. lol

Nope, we get a salary and statutory holiday entitlement and an expectation that we will work until it the job is done and receive no compensation for working more than 38 hours a week.

Where do you work Mr the Llama?

I'm a customer services rep for a small supermarket that exclusively sells UK goods (and a few US ones).  The patron drives a UK Bentley with a personalised number plate that says "B055" followed by his initials.  I did not just make that up.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd stay well clear of the animal rights thread with this one, as it generally turns into some sort of argument  :xmastongue: -  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/peta-releases-images-of-dog-leather-gloves-made-in-china-9934752.html?cmpid=facebook-post? Personally think it's horrendous, although nothing surprises me about anything that goes on in a nation that barely recognises basic human rights at times. But, is it hugely different to the way we treat cow's etc in this country?

All I could think of, whilst reading that article is that some lunatic will lure people in to a real life 'Hostel/Saw' type situation.

EDIT: That was in relation to the escape games post. I guess I didn't quote, d'oh!

Edited by Darkon84
  • Like 1