Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simo86

Wolves at home rescheduled to Thursday 31st January, yes that's right a Thursday!

How are they 'as much to blame' when they haven't decided to move it to Thursday?

Everyone who subscribed to Sky Sports handed them the power to buy the right to change fixtures whenever they wanted to. We now have a broadcasting company and the premier league committee made up of greedy chairmen, more powerful than the body that is supposed to be running the game in this country. The only way to remove their power is for everyone to unsubscribe, so anyone who subscribed in the first place, complains when fixtures are altered and does nothing about complaining to Sky, threatening to cancel their subscription or actually doing it are just as responsible for allowing it to happen in the first place and allowing it to continue. I never have and never will subscribe to Sky's eventual pay as you view televised sports monopoly

Sky Sports isn't solely football. I watch cricket, darts, snooker, sometimes golf on there, so I could have Sky Sports and not watch football, cancelling it takes away much more than just football.

I know that but they'll very soon have a monopoly on televised sport and it will all be pay as you view on top of your subscription. They will control it all and your subscriptions will have allowed it to happen. Sport is now about money and not the competition. The heart, soul and purity of sport is being destroyed along with my enjoyment of any sport that sold itself to the great god Sky

What about the leicester fans who also like to watch other teams play as they enjoy football in general

How about everyone cancels their subscriptions so that all sports are forced into a drastic financial overhaul. No more obscene wages or ridiculous prices and pushing sport back on to free to air tv. It'll never happen of course, things will just carry on on the same course, forcing all of us out of watching live sport because we can no longer afford it, and parking us in front of the tv paying Sky for the privilege of watching it. The power to change things is in our hands but we just can't be arsed to do anything about it or we're sports junkies and can't do without our fix.

Everyone who subscribed to Sky Sports handed them the power to buy the right to change fixtures whenever they wanted to. We now have a broadcasting company and the premier league committee made up of greedy chairmen, more powerful than the body that is supposed to be running the game in this country. The only way to remove their power is for everyone to unsubscribe, so anyone who subscribed in the first place, complains when fixtures are altered and does nothing about complaining to Sky, threatening to cancel their subscription or actually doing it are just as responsible for allowing it to happen in the first place and allowing it to continue. I never have and never will subscribe to Sky's eventual pay as you view televised sports monopoly

lol yeh well good luck with that.

No they are not just as responsible, all they are doing is paying to watch some live football matches, they have absolutely no say in what matches are moved and to what date.

PAPs will be all over this.

:trumpet:

Exactly what I said to someone last night, if it wasn't for the Cricket and Boxing I probably would cancel it.

It's a shame they don't do a non football Sky Sports package and remove the cost of Premiership football from it.

I was thinking the same. I'd happily pay for just the cricket.

As it happens though I use a friend's Sky Go through my Xbox in the lounge for free (for sports) and he's getting Sky through a friend that works there so isn't paying much in the first place. I'm getting the benefit if Sky Sports without contributing to it so I don't feel as dirty inside when games are moved.

lol yeh well good luck with that.

No they are not just as responsible, all they are doing is paying to watch some live football matches, they have absolutely no say in what matches are moved and to what date.

Which goes back to the point that, whether you're "responsible" or not, if you pay for Sky Sport's then you're willing to enjoy watching other matches that have moved to more inconvenient times for TV (thus affecting thousands of other fans a week). It's then a bit rich if you start complaining about matches you're going to being moved. It effectively boils down to "I don't mind if they move other matches because I get to watch them, but if they move mine..." *shake fist*

Obviously that's "you" in the general sense, not the specific :thumbup:

Which goes back to the point that, whether you're "responsible" or not, if you pay for Sky Sport's then you're willing to enjoy watching other matches that have moved to more inconvenient times for TV (thus affecting thousands of other fans a week). It's then a bit rich if you start complaining about matches you're going to being moved. It effectively boils down to "I don't mind if they move other matches because I get to watch them, but if they move mine..." *shake fist*

Obviously that's "you" in the general sense, not the specific :thumbup:

But whilst I'm happy for our/other matches to be televised, that still doesn't mean I agree it's right for them to be moved to a Thursday night. If it's a Friday night, a Sunday or even a Monday night It's not a huge deal. That's not having it both ways, that's just two different things. I at least accept though that there is nothing I can do about it, me boycotting Sky will not make an iota of difference, and yes, I'm happy to suck it up and deal with the fact this is the way things are now.

I more feel sorry for other fans, I myself won't really be inconvenienced by this fixture change. It's a shame about the hit the attendance will take as well.

It's like the ticket prices thing, almost everyone would agree our ticket prices are unfair and extortionate, but that doesn't stop 20K turning up, 23K when we're doing well. Why? Because though we complain, we'd still rather watch football than not watch football.

lol great answer

Great question

This issue is very annoying because we have no power to stop it at all.

Its a simple and not subscribing to Sky according to some people.

Whilst that would help and send a message out to Sky - Unfortunately a) I don't think it's as simple as that and b) Even if every single Leicester fan who subscribes to Sky unsubscribed Sky wouldn't bat an eyelid you would need a hell of alot more people unsubscribe from Sky and that is simply not going to happen.

But whilst I'm happy for our/other matches to be televised, that still doesn't mean I agree it's right for them to be moved to a Thursday night. If it's a Friday night, a Sunday or even a Monday night It's not a huge deal. That's not having it both ways, that's just two different things. I at least accept though that there is nothing I can do about it, me boycotting Sky will not make an iota of difference, and yes, I'm happy to suck it up and deal with the fact this is the way things are now.

I more feel sorry for other fans, I myself won't really be inconvenienced by this fixture change. It's a shame about the hit the attendance will take as well.

It's like the ticket prices thing, almost everyone would agree our ticket prices are unfair and extortionate, but that doesn't stop 20K turning up, 23K when we're doing well. Why? Because though we complain, we'd still rather watch football than not watch football.

Great question

Yes it is to be honest, proven by the point that you can't answer it properly. Makes me laugh people like you talking arguing about when football should and shouldn't be played when your happy for it to be played on a Sunday, a Friday, a Monday. lol thought you were a bit older than you actually are as occasionally you talk some sense. Your about 20 years late to start arguing when and when football shouldn't be played, the consumer lost this argument a long time ago due to people like you who pay Murdoch their hard earned cash.

You can feel free to ignore like you did on the numerous other occasions I've pulled your pants down.

Yes it is to be honest, proven by the point that you can't answer it properly. Makes me laugh people like you talking arguing about when football should and shouldn't be played when your happy for it to be played on a Sunday, a Friday, a Monday. lol thought you were a bit older than you actually are as occasionally you talk some sense. Your about 20 years late to start arguing when and when football shouldn't be played, the consumer lost this argument a long time ago due to people like you who pay Murdoch their hard earned cash.

You can feel free to ignore like you did on the numerous other occasions I've pulled your pants down.

I did answer it properly, that's why I said no.

If you need it spelt out more clearly:

NO

Pull your pants back up son.

So you've got no problem with our game being moved then? So I didn't see you complain about it? I imagined that then?

I don't agree with it, but I accept it.

They are 'allowed' to do what they like. Obviously I don't give a shit about other clubs so why would I care if their games got moved? It's no more right or wrong but who would complain that somebody else's games get moved if they get to watch another football match on TV?

Basic points are obviously very hard to understand for you obviously.

You need to learn to have a bit of respect when conversing with people, especially when your piss taking is evidently based on your own ignorance.

I don't agree with it, but I accept it.

They are 'allowed' to do what they like. Obviously I don't give a shit about other clubs so why would I care if their games got moved? It's no more right or wrong but who would complain that somebody else's games get moved if they get to watch another football match on TV?

Basic points are obviously very hard to understand for you obviously.

You need to learn to have a bit of respect when conversing with people, especially when your piss taking is evidently based on your own ignorance.

lol

lol

It's good you can laugh at yourself and admit when your wrong. More than I got when Terry came back as player of the tournement at Euro 2012, or when I showed you that Ashley Cole had the highest assist rate for a full back, by far, in the Prem, despite your claims he couldn't pass or cross lol.

lol:lei1::giggle::pearson::jawdrop::jump::frantics::bounce::banana:

If you're still wondering why I usually stop debating with you, you only need to look at this thread. You're not really worthy of my time.

You do make me laugh though, the forum needs people who everyone else can look down and chuckle at. You've been on this thread all night waiting for me to reply to you so you can fulfill your empty Saturday evening/Sunday by trying and failing to look clever lol

You can apologise for your silliness and we'll forget it if you like, after all I'm a far more reasonable man than you. :thumbup: I might even carry on our previous debates just to bring your ego down to a likeable level, if that's what you so desire.

By the way I loved that pass from Cole today that started the move for the Chelsea's goal. Oh wait that was Swansea's, my bad.

Hey, remember that time when you said John Terry was the player of the tournament at Euro 2012 :crylaugh:

More justification not to bother with a season ticket, as if I just by the tickets I can attend, it's cheaper. The only reason for one is away priority, and I'm sure if they didn't have away priority for season ticket holders they would lose a lot more.

I don't know how much we actually get from Sky, hope it's worth it.....

lol:lei1::giggle::pearson::jawdrop::jump::frantics::bounce::banana:

If you're still wondering why I usually stop debating with you, you only need to look at this thread. You're not really worthy of my time.

You do make me laugh though, the forum needs people who everyone else can look down and chuckle at. You've been on this thread all night waiting for me to reply to you so you can fulfill your empty Saturday evening/Sunday by trying and failing to look clever lol

You can apologise for your silliness and we'll forget it if you like, after all I'm a far more reasonable man than you. :thumbup: I might even carry on our previous debates just to bring your ego down to a likeable level, if that's what you so desire.

By the way I loved that pass from Cole today that started the move for the Chelsea's goal. Oh wait that was Swansea's, my bad.

Hey, remember that time when you said John Terry was the player of the tournament at Euro 2012 :crylaugh:

lol he's had an ale last night.

Your point on football are garbage in this instance and I really can't be bothered, but as you got personal I feel inclined to point out that your the one answering me and accusing me of have nothing better to do after 2am in the morning whilst I'm asleep. lol

Archived