Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simo86

Wolves at home rescheduled to Thursday 31st January, yes that's right a Thursday!

Very strange fixture, as others have said same as Derby last year and we seem to be the ones getting them.

To try and make it ok last year I went on a pub crawl around Derby from midday, was very good and help make up for the ridiculous time of the fixture.

As this is my day off I will be repeating the event and start off in the city centre at around 1200, hopefully my mate will be free but everyone is welcome to join us.

It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Leicester is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.

You can't expect people to boycott something everytime they are displeased with it, otherwise nobody would pay for anything.

So what your saying is your quite happy to have them move everyone else's games so you can watch them but the minute they do something that impacts on you that's not allowed ?? lol

Is there an opt in/out option for clubs for TV revenue - and therefore TV company's can't fuck about with games?

I mean obviously its an easy money maker - clubs are clearly going to opt in, but surely if it's not compulsory to opt in surely the club is as much to blame as Sky or people that buy into Sky/The club.

I'm not slagging the club off, I'm not moaning at the club, like I say clubs are obviously going to opt in, it's an easy money maker (Although, being on TV they will miss out on ticket sales, shop sales - although I dare say the TV revenue outweighs the losses on ticket sales/shop sales) but i'm just playing devils advocate and asking the question - If anyone knows.

At first I thought all the people moaning about Thursday football were being prima donnas, after all we can't be the only team in the Ch'ship to play on a Thursday so I headed over to the BBC results/fixtures pages.

As it turns out we aren't the only ones playing on a Thursday, Wolves are playing a Thursday match too. :dry:

Is there an opt in/out option for clubs for TV revenue - and therefore TV company's can't fuck about with games?

I mean obviously its an easy money maker - clubs are clearly going to opt in, but surely if it's not compulsory to opt in surely the club is as much to blame as Sky or people that buy into Sky/The club.

I'm not slagging the club off, I'm not moaning at the club, like I say clubs are obviously going to opt in, it's an easy money maker (Although, being on TV they will miss out on ticket sales, shop sales - although I dare say the TV revenue outweighs the losses on ticket sales/shop sales) but i'm just playing devils advocate and asking the question - If anyone knows.

Yes it's a lot of money per televised match they get, wastild by someone in the know at the club it's £90,000 and that was two seasons ago. Makes more than enough up for the people they lose on the gate.

Yes it's a lot of money per televised match they get, wastild by someone in the know at the club it's £90,000 and that was two seasons ago. Makes more than enough up for the people they lose on the gate.

Yeah like I said, clubs would be stupid to turn it down, it's alot of money, easy money, but was just wondering out of interest if there was an option for clubs to opt in or out.

Perhaps if all clubs stuck together and opt out maybe the TV companys would stop just a little - especially changing games to a bastard Thursday night. - If all clubs did it and stuck together, the money lost from TV revenues would be across the board and there would be no advantage from one club to another - However £90,000 is a few of weeks wages for a couple of players I suppose.

I'm just playing devils advocate like I said before.

What pisses me off is that you fork out for a season ticket and thats now 5 games i could have just watched on TV :@. M'boro was bad enough but now im ****ing furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do the club offer season ticket holders any money back or complimentary cup tickets if they have so many games moved from a Saturday to accommodate games being moved for TV?

Last year they did it where if you missed a game you could take a friend to another game for free.

You could charge them for the free ticket - if you were that desperate to make the money back I suppose.

Last year they did it where if you missed a game you could take a friend to another game for free.

You could charge them for the free ticket - if you were that desperate to make the money back I suppose.

After watching the performances last year I would have felt embarrassed even asking a friend to go with me.

I'm normally laid back over stuff like this, however I feel the club/sky are now taking the piss! My lad travels down from Sheffiels Uni for matches and having forked out for his season ticket I'm reaching boiling point as midweek matches are a bridge too far when he's got early lectures or labs.So when a Saturday match is moved to a Thursday night it's saying we don't give a rats ass about the impact on you fans who commit and pay up front. I am sure there is small print about fixtures subject to change but come on! Evaluating what my savings actually are with all these fixture changes is not filling me with joy. :angry:

If it was already a midweek match, moved from the Wednesday say, it's not as big an issue, it would still have been on a midweek and inconvinienced some.

Now, moving from a weekend, they'll lose out on more people coming down to the ground. But I suppose the money from Sky will make up the loss on ticket sales.

Not so much to blame but they're contributing to SKY's power in football by paying them (increasing) prices. We've got it in our house but I don't pay for it and when I get my own place I won't be giving them a single penny, I can live without Champions League highlights if it means not giving in to those horrible, plastic, pretend 'fan' cvnts.

Do you watch it?

It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Leicester is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.

Mark from Bolton: 'It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Bolton is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.'

Tim from Bristol: 'It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Bristol is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.'

Phil from Wolverhampton: 'It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Wolves is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.'

Kitchandro from Leicester: 'It's not just champions league highlights though is it, it's about 4 live matches a week minimum. I'm not going to pretend seeing Leicester is the only football I enjoy watching, Sky is also far better value for money than going to see us.'...

...and people wonder why the match attendances are falling.

Seriously, Sky can fvck off, they're not even doing it for the number of viewers anymore, I'm convinced they're doing this to get at fans who attend games, for whatever reason.

That is an absolute fvcking joke.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Inconvenient kick-off times = Less fans able to attend games

Less fans able to attend games = Lower ticket sales

Lower ticket sales = More people at home

More people at home = More Sky subscriptions

It's entirely deliberate.

Archived