Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Ben Marshall

This is an internet forum where people can have different opinions, though they need to be prepared to have them shot down in flames.

However, I've never accused anyone of being "ill", by which I take it you are inferring that I am mentally unstable. That's something I have never accused anyone of on here and hopefully never will, because I have a sense of common decency.

I will ask you this though - why do you feel that you need to ask questions that no one here can possibly know the answer to?

Col Knows the answer, he predicted today... Just not publicly.

Regarding Marshall, he's playing the same as he did last year. He's just not spanking in long shots to mask his limitations.

Col Knows the answer, he predicted today... Just not publicly.

Regarding Marshall, he's playing the same as he did last year. He's just not spanking in long shots to mask his limitations.

Look at the Watford Scoreline prediction thread and the Danns thread.

:thumbup:

I, like most, get lots wrong. However I 'felt very strongly' we'd be put on the backfoot straightaway today so would have played Danns from the start, rather than James or King.

Today, thus it proved.

Sorry for getting it right today. I'd have much rather been wrong. Much rather.

You just keep up with your impatience of those you deem 'negative'.. You've been doing it for many seasons now.

Look at the Watford Scoreline prediction thread and the Danns thread.

:thumbup:

I, like most, get lots wrong. However I 'felt very strongly' we'd be put on the backfoot straightaway today so would have played Danns from the start, rather than James or King.

Today, thus it proved.

Sorry for getting it right today. I'd have much rather been wrong. Much rather.

You just keep up with your impatience of those you deem 'negative'.. You've been doing it for many seasons now.

You're not negative, just repetitive.

You're right I shouldn't be impatient with people who slate the manager after two bad games, or call for players to never pull on a shirt again after three average performances. I should just block the pillocks.

You're not negative, just repetitive.

You're right I shouldn't be impatient with people who slate the manager after two bad games, or call for players to never pull on a shirt again after three average performances. I should just block the pillocks.

Or you should allow people who make suggestions regarding how to improve the team without labelling those same people 'negative' for doing so.

You did it under Sven, you now do it under Pearson.

We all want the same thing. We all get frustrated and elated in equal measures. We're all human.

It could just be that some blurt out emotion when they see us lose. Without properly thinking. Maybe we aren't all as 'logical' as you are.

Got to agree with this. I was saying the same thing to a colleague at work who's a City fan too. IMHO he flattered to deceive last season.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a decent player, just the love for him from some quarters was a bit disproportionate.

I think I know what it is....

I imagine he's probably recently acquired a new dog, probably a labrador puppy. I imagine what he did was leave his halloween pumpkin on the kitchen table with an open bottle of brandy (If I had to guess he was probably flambéing a duck, the door rang, he put the bottle of brandy on the table as he walked out of the kitchen to open the door). Now as he's at the door (it probably wasn't important, I imagine it was a double glazing salesman, which is redundant because he probably lives in a rented apartment and that sort of thing is handled by the landlord and anyway it's probably already double glazed) but as he's at the door the labrador puppy tugs at the table cloth on the kitchen table (as a labrador puppy does, when they aren't dragging toilet roll around the house/apartment) the halloween pumpkin (which was lit for some reason) fell to the floor and the brandy bottle toppled and unleashed it's contents on to the candle inside the pumpkin causing a small but potent fire. The labrador puppy probably ran away and out of the now open front door (they aren't accustomed to fire at such a young age) the smoldering, hillock of pumpkin, brandy and candle wax caused the fire alarm to activate. Now not only did Ben's landlord have double glazing already installed but he had the forethought to also have a sprinkler system installed. As the water came pouring down from the ceiling extinguishing the pumpkin pyre, it also drenched the contents of Ben's flat. I imagine Ben probably collects stamps and as he's got a fair amount of disposable income now, he probably had recently bought a rare Mauritius Penny Blue, which he had been recently admiring and left open in his album, the sprinklers soaked it and he not only lost a sizeable investment but also the love of his philatelist life.

I'd imagine something like that would ruin anyone's on field performances.

He wasn't exactly full of beans on twitter earlier.

Ben Marshall â€@benmarshy07_ben

Wish something would go my way #struggling

Sounds like he's going through a rough patch both on and off the pitch, but I'm sure he'll turn it around.

Saw this tweet and thought it could be off the field problems too.

Either Pearson will know what to do and we as,fan can only get behind him

Does anybody know what's wrong with Ben Marshall this season?

Today we played a team and a formation that many have been crying out for. Yet Young Ben is not hitting anywhere near the form of last season.

Is he being played out of position? Or is he not as good as we all thought he was? Myself included.

This is NOT a dig at a player, before you all jump.

It's a serious question.

I know it's still early in the season but I, for one, thought he was going to be playing better than he is doing.

Opinions please...

He scored a few cracker last season so what. The simple fact is he is not good enough.

Or you should allow people who make suggestions regarding how to improve the team without labelling those same people 'negative' for doing so.

You did it under Sven, you now do it under Pearson.

We all want the same thing. We all get frustrated and elated in equal measures. We're all human.

It could just be that some blurt out emotion when they see us lose. Without properly thinking. Maybe we aren't all as 'logical' as you are.

Right, first of all. Have I banned anyone? Have I deleted anyone's posts? No I have not. Each and every person is ALLOWED to make whatever point they wanted to, and always will be.

What you fail to miss is that I nor anyone else have to respect, agree with, or leave unchallenged the point they make. I don't know who these people are you claim I called negative (I called you repetitive) but if someone is genuinely making a suggestion they aren't going to get grief. But if some little arse biscuit decides a player is shit and should "never play again" after three or four games they are going to get picked up on it.

Similarly, if all the numbskulls are going to crawl out of the woodwork with their "Pearsons shit, we were lucky to be top" blah blah blah. They are going to get picked up.

Maybe people expect too much from him. He's young, still improving, has the pressure of a fairly hefty fee and had only performed in lower league football before he signed for us. He never actually made an appearance for Stoke and if Pulis was about to play him in the first team he'd probably still be there now. We bought him for his potential, not to be the finished article.

He was just never as good as people on here thought he was. He took about 3 decent corners and scored a few from distance. I can't think of a full, good performance that I've seen of his, ever.

Don't get me wrong I think he's got a lot of potential and he gave us good balance at the end of last season when we were crying out for a winger, but he's quite simply not the Messi that most on here seem to think he is.

Right, first of all. Have I banned anyone? Have I deleted anyone's posts? No I have not. Each and every person is ALLOWED to make whatever point they wanted to, and always will be.

What you fail to miss is that I nor anyone else have to respect, agree with, or leave unchallenged the point they make. I don't know who these people are you claim I called negative (I called you repetitive) but if someone is genuinely making a suggestion they aren't going to get grief. But if some little arse biscuit decides a player is shit and should "never play again" after three or four games they are going to get picked up on it.

Similarly, if all the numbskulls are going to crawl out of the woodwork with their "Pearsons shit, we were lucky to be top" blah blah blah. They are going to get picked up.

:ph34r:

Surprised with some of the negative comments. Thought this was a leicester "supporters" forum. Young lad, bucket loads of potential, going though a bad patch obviously but surely time to get behind him. Sure we lose quite a few points every season through supporter negativity. And yes I am a newbie on the forum and do realize its only a small number but surely it goes from forum/phone in to stadium to pitch. Players must listen/read that shite.

Because having a tight squad makes personal problems impossible right?

I don't know what job you do... but anywhere I have worked you don't take your personal problems into work...its called being professional.. my god, these blokes have every advantage a young man could have. is it asking too much to apply yourself once a week for 90 mins..? anyway what problems could a 22 yearold potential millionaire really have? steps back and waits for the lack of understanding reposte...sorry I have lost patience for the modern precious footballer.

Archived