Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Ben Marshall

Does anybody know what's wrong with Ben Marshall this season?

Today we played a team and a formation that many have been crying out for. Yet Young Ben is not hitting anywhere near the form of last season.

Is he being played out of position? Or is he not as good as we all thought he was? Myself included.

This is NOT a dig at a player, before you all jump.

It's a serious question.

I know it's still early in the season but I, for one, thought he was going to be playing better than he is doing.

Opinions please...

Does anybody know what's wrong with Ben Marshall this season?

Today we played a team and a formation that many have been crying out for. Yet Young Ben is not hitting anywhere near the form of last season.

Is he being played out of position? On the wing? Or is he not as good as we all thought he was? Dunno, how good did you think he was? He's not the Messiah, he's a football player. Myself included.

This is NOT a dig at a player, before you all jump. It's not?

It's a serious question.

I know it's still early in the season but I, for one, thought he was going to be playing better than he is doing. I know, nobody is allowed a lapse now and again.

Opinions please...

Sounds like the lad needs support now more than ever. We have all seen his ability. You can not score some of the goals he has in his short time with us without it. I hope the fans get behind him more than ever. Seems like he is a confidence player and getting on his back will not help him.

Are you ill?

You seem to want to have a row as often as you can?

Most posters feel its a perfectly good question to ask.

This is an internet forum where people can have different opinions, though they need to be prepared to have them shot down in flames.

However, I've never accused anyone of being "ill", by which I take it you are inferring that I am mentally unstable. That's something I have never accused anyone of on here and hopefully never will, because I have a sense of common decency.

I will ask you this though - why do you feel that you need to ask questions that no one here can possibly know the answer to?

This is an internet forum where people can have different opinions, though they need to be prepared to have them shot down in flames.

However, I've never accused anyone of being "ill", by which I take it you are inferring that I am mentally unstable. That's something I have never accused anyone of on here and hopefully never will, because I have a sense of common decency.

I will ask you this though - why do you feel that you need to ask questions that no one here can possibly know the answer to?

I'm not expecting anyone to know the answer.

I'm asking for opinions regarding what people feel may be the problem.

And I made it clear it wasn't a dig.

You however, just seem to want to have a row?

By accusing me of having a pop at a player when that wasn't the intention.

Why?

No one else has?

It's easy to see Ben isn't right at the moment, he looked off against Brighton when he came on and his body language wasn't good, he needs the fans support we know he is good enough we have seen it first hand!

He is young and still finding his way in the game! He is also a very gifted footballer and will come good for us!

He's a kid.

Teams are wiser to him now.

I still dont think he / Pearson have worked out where is best to use him.

Knocky has stolen his thunder a bit.

All flair players got through spells of form.

A mixture of all of the above.

I just don't think he plays well with Knockaert, it's got to be one or the other for me, not both on the pitch at the same time.

I also believe that Ben Marshall is not a winger, everytime he has played on the wing he has been mostly average.

In the free role like Knockaert, Marshall is quality but you can't have two players playing in that position it just doesn't work.

He is a great player, but it's gotta be him or Knockaert and not both.

I just don't think he plays well with Knockaert, it's got to be one or the other for me, not both on the pitch at the same time.

I also believe that Ben Marshall is not a winger, everytime he has played on the wing he has been mostly average.

In the free role like Knockaert, Marshall is quality but you can't have two players playing in that position it just doesn't work.

He is a great player, but it's gotta be him or Knockaert and not both.

Disagree,

I think they can play together, but not in that formation today, if they had played tucked in behind the striker in a christmas tree formation, or as part of 4231 it would work, even on opposite flanks on a 442, although Knocky needs to stick to his flank in that case.

Today I suspect they ended up too far out wide and not involved enough in the play.

Against Brighton they looked good together I thought, and they were having fun taking the piss out of the Brighton defenders in the corner.

i have every confidence that they will play well together soon enough NP just has to figure out how to get the best out of the pair of them, with those 2 firing on all cylinders we could rip teams apart but we didn't today.

Archived