Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXY MOMMA

feels good to have stringer back ?

I've been an advocate of Stringer since he started. I am though after listening to alternative commentary for a couple of weeks wanting him to go back to basics and do his job. I want to know what is going on the pitch - I expect him to have learnt the names and formations of the opposition and I want to know what is happening as its happening. Unfortunately I think he's got lazy and chats quite a lot of crap with Alan recently.

I've been an advocate of Stringer since he started. I am though after listening to alternative commentary for a couple of weeks wanting him to go back to basics and do his job. I want to know what is going on the pitch - I expect him to have learnt the names and formations of the opposition and I want to know what is happening as its happening. Unfortunately I think he's got lazy and chats quite a lot of crap with Alan recently.

Only recently?

I like him but Marshall's goal was a prime example of how bad his commentary is.

We didn't know that Marshall had the ball or that he'd shot... Hell I didn't even know if we had the ball or not then all of a sudden it's GOAL!

EXACTLY!

I think Stringer would be a very good TV commentator, but I don't think he's suited to radio. Last week Jason Bourne painted a much better picture of what was going on on the pitch, he was professional and didn't spend too much time rambling about other things. This is something you can do if you're on TV and your audience isnt relying on you to explain what's happening.

Stringer's got passion, his knowledge of the game is decent and he's good with words, but he is frustrating when you want to know what's going on.

Agreed with Kitchandro. I like Stringer's enthusiasm but I got a much better idea of what waa actually happening when Bourne took the reigns last weekend. Also, with Stringer getting really excitable every time we get half-way down the pitch, it's sort of like the boy who cried wolf. And then, like with Marshall's goal today, I had no idea we were on the attack - I think he was talking about his croutons

I think Stringer would be a very good TV commentator, but I don't think he's suited to radio. Last week Jason Bourne painted a much better picture of what was going on on the pitch, he was professional and didn't spend too much time rambling about other things. This is something you can do if you're on TV and your audience isnt relying on you to explain what's happening.

Stringer's got passion, his knowledge of t

he game is decent and he's good with words, but he is frustrating when you want to know what's going on.

Good summation.

He's blocked me on Twitter so not his biggest fan. He was after Pearson a bit at start of season. It's great to have a proper LCFC fan on the commentary but I do think he misses things and is deliberately too controversial sometimes

You can't have your own opinion on here mate.You will end up getting banned here too!!

Archived