Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Genesis1

What players do you want?

Koren & Sharp can both do one. At the end of the day it was their choice but... I'd much rather we chased players who want to play for us rather than ones who've turned us down, Sharp doing it twice.

Wood & Trotter would secure us a top 6 finish at least IMO.

Amen. Koren & Sharp have made it clear in the past with their actions that they have no intention to play for us.

We ain't gonna get either Koren or Sharp anyway Dan. So don't worry.

Brings up the whole issue of 'loyalty' in football though don't it?

For instance, many said that Beckford and Danns signed for City cos 'they wanted to play for Sven'?

Do you think they would have 'wanted to play for Sven' if they were being offered 10k per week?

:thumbup:

We ain't gonna get either Koren or Sharp anyway Dan. So don't worry.

Brings up the whole issue of 'loyalty' in football though don't it?

For instance, many said that Beckford and Danns signed for City cos 'they wanted to play for Sven'?

Do you think they would have 'wanted to play for Sven' if they were being offered 10k per week?

:thumbup:

Sven's transfer policy baffled me immensely. My findings really were that he tried to sort out the shoddy defence but did it at the expense of our deadly attack, and sign a few experienced Championship players, but with no real working system, I thought he did terribly.

Money will ALWAYS play some part, but it's to what degree. I doubt players like Drinkwater, De Laet, Vardy etc... all joined us entirely down to money, maybe I'm kidding myself knowing modern football but I just cannot ever picture Pearson signing someone who was chasing money rather than success.

Sven's transfer policy baffled me immensely. My findings really were that he tried to sort out the shoddy defence but did it at the expense of our deadly attack, and sign a few experienced Championship players, but with no real working system, I thought he did terribly.

Money will ALWAYS play some part, but it's to what degree. I doubt players like Drinkwater, De Laet, Vardy etc... all joined us entirely down to money, maybe I'm kidding myself knowing modern football but I just cannot ever picture Pearson signing someone who was chasing money rather than success.

I tend to agree mate, the type of player Nige seems to go for is usually those with a point to prove, in footballing terms AND who would see an increase in salary when they joined us. However, I would suspect that if a club like say, Wigan, came in for Danny or DeLaet and offered to double their salary do you think they'd want to stay?

I doubt it...

I tend to agree mate, the type of player Nige seems to go for is usually those with a point to prove, in footballing terms AND who would see an increase in salary when they joined us. However, I would suspect that if a club like say, Wigan, came in for Danny or DeLaet and offered to double their salary do you think they'd want to stay?

I doubt it...

I agree with you entirely, but who knows if we've ever been in that scenario.

Mattock you can argue did but... without sounding blindly loyal to NP, I really do think he was a rare case and has since proven he's actually quite a twat.

Archived