Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

lol

i get the impression that people here just dont want to entertain the thought that Pearson might be getting it wrong!

As fans we need to question it and i think Pearson getting sacked isnt a thing we should ignore.

I hate to have to quote Gene Hunt, but, “Oh, well let’s entertain it. Let’s take it out for a prawn cocktail, a steak and a bottle of Liebfraumilch… Then let’s kick it into the gutter where it belongs.â€

why?

Pearson has only won 3 out of 11 away games.

For starters we have 3 more games in a very short period of time in the immediate future.

Secondly the only club that has achieved anything by repeatedly sacking their manager is Chelsea, and look how much they have had to spend on players to do so.

As we are not the play thing of a multi billionaire we need to allow our manager to complete the job he has started.

With a couple of decent aquisitions in January we wont be far away come the end of the season in my opinion.

The players have only won 3 out of 11. I don't see how bringing another manager in, using the excuses of 'not my team' 'not my style of play' etc , more ins , more outs. Spent a lot of money fair enough, but why does this mean we deserve to win every game?

I get this strange feeling that some fans think all other teams are just lined up for us to play and beat, if you like, whereas they are believe it or not in the same league as us and are playing for their own gains.

Yes and take his Man Utd rejects with him, appalling.

So much money has been spent but we still have a conference standard striker plugging away impersonating Iain Hume, Lloyd Dyer kick and run then cross into no mans land, our most creative player stuck out wide and being hauled off after an hour most matches, Schmeichel booting the ball into no mans land every couple of minutes, de Laet charging forward thinking he's Cafu and then losing the ball after, as always, trying to go one step too far, hoofball tactics without a target man. It is so frustrating to watch, and then he brings that kid from Man Utd on, at least he had some of the ball today but he does nothing that King and Drinkwater doesn't do.

This team needs major reinforcements to even scrape into the playoffs now, and that includes the management side because I don't think Pearson has it in him to change his ways.

For me it's time to sit on the fence and see how the next 6 games pan out.

When we went top of the league we were playing some sumptious football and thoroughly deserved to be at the top. I was never a NP fan but he really won me around with the change in football style that led to that run.

However we are now in a bad run of form about the same size as that good run ..... unfortunately it's that way round ..... good then bad. So how long do we tolerate the bad run??? When does the bad run become a wasted season??

For me NP is reverting to type .... you could hear in his post match bullying of Stringer that he was back to the Nige of old, you can see it in his stubbornness about Danns and Beckford - surely just have them as options???, and you can see it in his negative subsitiutions.

I'd love to hear his opinion on how we are going to change things, what tactically he is going to change too .... the post match "we're going to win" when asked what different approach to the next game is just arrogant and tedious. It also puts a question mark over whether he actually knows what to do about it.

I'm not saying sack him .... but I do wonder if we carry on this form for 4-5 games and that sees us at 8/9th in the table whether there will be such vitriol towards anyone saying that he is beyond criticism.

For starters we have 3 more games in a very short period of time in the immediate future.

Secondly the only club that has achieved anything by repeatedly sacking their manager is Chelsea, and look how much they have had to spend on players to do so.

As we are not the play thing of a multi billionaire we need to allow our manager to complete the job he has started.

With a couple of decent aquisitions in January we wont be far away come the end of the season in my opinion.

Yes i agree that to sack him tomorow with the run in we have over xmas would be foolish. But i do have the opinion that Pearson has underperformed so far.

3 wins in 11 away games is poor form

lol

i get the impression that people here just dont want to entertain the thought that Pearson might be getting it wrong!

As fans we need to question it and i think Pearson getting sacked isnt a thing we should ignore.

I think it's more a case of a couple of players not being as good as hoped and a few players letting the manager down badly recently rather than him getting it wrong. That doesn't mean I think he gets everything right either. But let's keep it all in perspective, he had a huge mess to sort out, which he is still in the process of doing. We have a talented but young squad which is a bit short in a few areas, which will hopefully be addressed in Jan. We're 5th at the halfway stage which is 1 place above where I predicted we'd finish and we would have been happy with that pre-season. Discussing sacking him now is a bit ridiculous really and won't achieve anything other than yet another wasted season. At least wait till you see where we finish before you discuss sacking another manager. You and the others may have a point worthy of discussion by then, right now, you don't

I think it's more a case of a couple of players not being as good as hoped and a few players letting the manager down badly recently rather than him getting it wrong. That doesn't mean I think he gets everything right either. But let's keep it all in perspective, he had a huge mess to sort out, which he is still in the process of doing. We have a talented but young squad which is a bit short in a few areas, which will hopefully be addressed in Jan. We're 5th at the halfway stage which is 1 place above where I predicted we'd finish and we would have been happy with that pre-season. Discussing sacking him now is a bit ridiculous really and won't achieve anything other than yet another wasted season. At least wait till you see where we finish before you discuss sacking another manager. You and the others may have a point worthy of discussion by then, right now, you don't

Did he inherit a huge mess??? Not so sure it was that bad to be fair.

i think its worthy of discussion because the thai owners have invested a lot of money into the club and I think Pearson has not put leicester in a good position yet and its already christmas

Did he inherit a huge mess??? Not so sure it was that bad to be fair.

He's improved things whether you think it was a mess or not. All you're suggesting is that those improvements have been made on top of a side that wasn't a mess in the first place. What a brilliant job he must have done.

Pearson OUT!!!

I watched the game and Leicester were unlucky not to score in first 20 minutes!

However, Pearsons response and input in second half (especially substitutions) was extremely poor!!

Why take off Knockaer amd Dyer?? They were causing the problems for Cardiff!!

He replaced them with Waghorn and Lingaard who made no impact at all

Pearson is responsible for us not creating many chances in last half hour of the game

Pearson OUT!

Nope, you couldn't be more wrong. AK started well, then plummeted-his final ball was atrocious. Waghorn was great when he came on, but it was a shambles in the back four that was the worst bit-and there's little on offer to change that...

And: anyone who voted yes is made of stupid.

i think its worthy of discussion because the thai owners have invested a lot of money into the club and I think Pearson has not put leicester in a good position yet and its already christmas

It must be 9 years since you've looked at Leicester's league position then.

He shouldn't be sacked but those asking the question shouldn't be criticised too harshly.

I don't think we're good enough to go up this season and I don't think Pearson is good enough to get us up. But he does deserve a full season to prove people like me wrong. His brief was to win promotion this season. If he doesn't manage it he will have failed to achieve his primary objective, at which point it becomes acceptable to arrange for a parting of the ways.

He has next month in the transfer market and the few months thereafter to resolve some glaring issues:

- We tend to start games very well before easing off. Either we aren't fit enough to maintain our early pace or we are arrogant. It needs sorting out.

- We are too lightweight. We need players who are willing, and able, to play tough. We struggle when we are pressed and we often allow the opposition to win the second ball too easily.

- We aren't clinical enough. I've heard people moan that we are unlucky because we create lots of chances and don't score. That osn't bad luck; it's poor finishing.

- We don't create enough. People will point to shots stats to dispute this. It's a meaningless statistic; a speculative effort from thirty yards out is not a 'chance' but a waste of possession. Teams like Cardiff can beat us having had fewer shots because the ones they do get away are in genuine goalscoring opportunities.

- There isn't enough movement off the ball when we attack. Sometimes our pace alone is enough but when we have to think differently we struggle badly. We are too static and predictable and sides like Cardiff will let us keep the ball all day because we aren't threatening them with it.

- When we get frustrated with the above Pearson has us playing percentage football. We lump long balls forward in the hope that it will fall right for us. This is a Pearson trait; it happened a lot during his first spell. It won't get us anywhere.

Despite the above I'm not a Pearson hater by any means. I quite like the bloke being in charge of the club. We are clearly better than we were last year and he has made us a very solid outfit defensively. He now needs to build on this and sort out the stuff I've pointed out. If he doesn't we'll never be more than a play off side under him. If he does we could be going places.

It's worthy of discussion for the fans because it's clearly already been worthy of discussion in the board room once this season.

In over a year he's had the second biggest budget in this division to piece together a side which is sixth and on the slide. I personally agree that he inherited a mess and disagree with the notion of him being fired, but his selection today and his post match comments for the past month have suggested that he's short of ideas on how to improve the team he put together.

If that's the case then he is in trouble, whether we're comfortable with that or not.

Nope, you couldn't be more wrong. AK started well, then plummeted-his final ball was atrocious. Waghorn was great when he came on, but it was a shambles in the back four that was the worst bit-and there's little on offer to change that...

And: anyone who voted yes is made of stupid.

i wouldnt say its stupid to question Pearsons recent work...i'll repeat again...3 wins in 11 away games!

Go check out Cardiff,Palace,Hull and Middlesbrough away results!!!

They might go up!!! We might not!

Feel sorry for the Thai's!!

He's improved things whether you think it was a mess or not. All you're suggesting is that those improvements have been made on top of a side that wasn't a mess in the first place. What a brilliant job he must have done.

I'm trying very hard to even understand your point. I asked a simple question if it was such a mess in the first place. For me it just needed a bit of tinkering and not the wholesale changes that were made ..... However now they have been made we're probably in a similar position to when he started and therefore, just like Sven he should be afforded a bit more time to see if he now progresses or whether we stagnate at this level.

You're so eager to assume that I'm digging at your precious Nigel your post doesn't even make sense.

Archived