Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?  

391 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pearson Leave/Get Sacked?

I'm trying very hard to even understand your point. I asked a simple question if it was such a mess in the first place. For me it just needed a bit of tinkering and not the wholesale changes that were made ..... However now they have been made we're probably in a similar position to when he started and therefore, just like Sven he should be afforded a bit more time to see if he now progresses or whether we stagnate at this level.

You're so eager to assume that I'm digging at your precious Nigel your post doesn't even make sense.

I second the final sentence..

:thumbup:

As I said on the other thread, and will keep saying, every manager deserves a full season with their squad. If we end up in the play-offs, he deserves another season, if he doesn't then he should probably go.

What is clear is that we need more options up front for sure, and perhaps in midfield.

It's worthy of discussion for the fans because it's clearly already been worthy of discussion in the board room once this season.

In over a year he's had the second biggest budget in this division to piece together a side which is sixth and on the slide. I personally agree that he inherited a mess and disagree with the notion of him being fired, but his selection today and his post match comments for the past month have suggested that he's short of ideas on how to improve the team he put together.

If that's the case then he is in trouble, whether we're comfortable with that or not.

Couldnt agree more!

As I said on the other thread, and will keep saying, every manager deserves a full season with their squad. If we end up in the play-offs, he deserves another season, if he doesn't then he should probably go.

What is clear is that we need more options up front for sure, and perhaps in midfield.

Just out of interest does two half a seasons not count as a full one???

I just wanna make the point that a GOOD manager does not need a WHOLE season to get quality players to win matches!

Leicester have the luxury to buy quality players in order for the team to play well within weeks and months...why wait a year and go out in playoffs!!!

We were unlucky not to score today until we took off Dyer and Knockaert, at which point it turned from unlucky to NP's fault. on top of this we have Neil Danns (who scored today) out on loan. if you look at Pearson from a unbiased point of view he has made some shocking man management decisions in his time at Leicester. DJ Campbell, Gradel, Danns etc.

why?

Pearson has only won 3 out of 11 away games.

do you have short term memory? he also got us playing great football, top of the league and i doubt you will remember this but yes he did also get us to the playoffs... every team has bad spells, man city are out of the champions league, arsenal are having a bad spell but is wenger or mancini a bad manager?

Does anybody else hope we win now, not for the 3 points, but just to stop the endless criticism?

I cringe at post match callers on RL and some of the posts on here. Everybody entitled to their opinion but its getting ridiculous with the lack of constructive criticism. Usually being , to fix : buy, bring back, sack.

Bout right??

do you have short term memory? he also got us playing great football, top of the league and i doubt you will remember this but yes he did also get us to the playoffs... every team has bad spells, man city are out of the champions league, arsenal are having a bad spell but is wenger or mancini a bad manager?

??

Pearsons expectations were different during his first spell at leicester !!

He has a different/better squad to work with and expectations are a lot higher!

He did an excellent job first time but we are the only team in the league spending vast amounts of money!!!!!!! There's no competition and I feel embarrassed for the Thai owners! Pearson is not the right man to take leicester to next level... In the prem all teams spend money and its competitive! We are the only team in championship paying big money for players

I voted 'not sure'.

The following are my reasons.

• Apart from Nugent, we have started the season with untested and inexperienced strikers who do not put away their chances.
  • We have gone from having a huge squad to having a squad which lacks strength in depth.
  • While we do not seem to have the players in the squad with the ability or experience to win games, we have experienced professionals on loan at other Championship clubs.
  • Since the high of beating Ipswich 6-0, we have been on relegation form. We are only still in the play-offs due to our very good run...which seems a long time ago now.
  • We cannot break down teams who defend against us or who play physically against us.
  • Pearson's substitutions do not seem to improve the situation but make it worse.
  • Mainly...because I am sick of returning from games lamenting our missed chances and the fact the opposition penetrated our defence from one of their few shots on target.

All but the last of these reasons are things Pearson has got wrong this year. I was chuffed to bits when he came back but I am wondering whether he can take the club any further than he has, and whether a new face might be able to mould what we have into a match winning force where Pearson seems unable to.

Now shoot me down!

Fact remains that we're there or there abouts. The team plays well far more consistently than it ever did under Sven. When we lost under Sven we were lame. Under Pearson we almost always go down fighting.

Main faults for Pearson this season:

- Poor range of strikers assembled in the summer

- Reluctance to change the team/formation away from home

- substitutions are often reactive rather than proactive

Having said that on another day - we'd have won 3-1 today and everyone would think he was god.

Fickle.

Fact remains that we're there or there abouts. The team plays well far more consistently than it ever did under Sven. When we lost under Sven we were lame. Under Pearson we almost always go down fighting.

Main faults for Pearson this season:

- Poor range of strikers assembled in the summer

- Reluctance to change the team/formation away from home

- substitutions are often reactive rather than proactive

Having said that on another day - we'd have won 3-1 today and everyone would think he was god.

Fickle.

It isn't just about today though is it?

If we were encountering a bit of a blip or today was out of the ordinary then you would be right about fickle. But the truth is we have taken 11 points from 10 games. We had that fantastic patch where we won 6 out of 7 but is that the kind of form we are going to see from now until the end of the season? The run before we won 6 out of 7 saw us win 2 games out of 4.

My point is...we have been mediocre for more of this season than we have been good. The 5 game winning streak and 7 game unbeaten run is beginning to look like the aberration and the mediocrity is looking more and more like what we should expect of Pearson and this team. We have been good for around a third of the first half of the season and nothing special for 2 thirds.

We are only in the top 6 based on the good run and it is looking increasingly unlikely we are going to repeat it.

I think it's a bit harsh to call people with a different opinion to yourself as an idiot. (Apart from Tories who are all wrong and many are also evil)

But I notice that brfc24 is there, who I believe is Paul Gallagher's dad.

What happened to Paul Gallagher? People used to slate him (harshly in my opinion) on here but, while having his weaknesses, he also had his strengths. He couldn't head a ball to save his life and most of his tackles occurred many minutes after the player had left the spot he tackled, but one thing he could do was open up a defence, pick out a pass and score an important goal.

Where the feck is Paul Gallagher?

??

Pearsons expectations were different during his first spell at leicester !!

He has a different/better squad to work with and expectations are a lot higher!

He did an excellent job first time but we are the only team in the league spending vast amounts of money!!!!!!! There's no competition and I feel embarrassed for the Thai owners! Pearson is not the right man to take leicester to next level... In the prem all teams spend money and its competitive! We are the only team in championship paying big money for players

sven spent all that money, Nigels spent no where near as much an he still got us top this season an the quality is so much better than previous years. where has swapping and changing managers got us before?

I think it's a bit harsh to call people with a different opinion to yourself as an idiot. (Apart from Tories who are all wrong and many are also evil)

But I notice that brfc24 is there, who I believe is Paul Gallagher's dad.

What happened to Paul Gallagher? People used to slate him (harshly in my opinion) on here but, while having his weaknesses, he also had his strengths. He couldn't head a ball to save his life and most of his tackles occurred many minutes after the player had left the spot he tackled, but one thing he could do was open up a defence, pick out a pass and score an important goal.

Where the feck is Paul Gallagher?

Good question. He would certainly have offered a lot more than Lingard did today, especially as he tore Cardiff to shreds last season.

Think brfc24 is Gally's brother-in-law, not his dad.

Archived